What's Included in One QS Credit

MyGirlLovesTink

DIS Veteran
I just changed my reservation because free dining became available, so this will be my first time using the DDP. We have the quick service plan.

What is included with one QS credit? If I go to a counter service restaurant, I can order my meal and a beverage, is that it?

I just changed my reservation because free dining became available, so this will be my first time using the DDP. We have the quick service plan.

What is included with one QS credit? If I go to a counter service restaurant, I can order my meal and a beverage, is that it?

For breakfast quick service includes entree and non alcoholic beverage. For lunch and dinner quick service credit includes non alcoholic beverage, entree, and desert.:)

Just to add, the drink is a standard, non-specialty, non-alocholic beverage. For the fountain drinks (e.g., soda) you can ask for a large; if you do not specify, most CMs will give you a regular size.

For breakfast quick service includes entree and non alcoholic beverage. For lunch and dinner quick service credit includes non alcoholic beverage, entree, and desert.:)

A question please. When you say that you get an entree and a dessert, does that mean you need to still pay for your main meal?

A question please. When you say that you get an entree and a dessert, does that mean you need to still pay for your main meal?

Take it the OZ is Australia:). The main meal is called the entree.

So for us, the entree is not included, the main and dessert are!
Entree= appetiser
Main = entree
Dessert = Dessert

:)

For lunch and dinner and you get the meal, dessert and beverage. The meal can be a salad, sandwich and fries, chicken and potatoes, whatever the menu shows as the meal options. If an item is listed as a side item for sale, that would be separate. It will make sense when you are there and see the menus.

So if you eat at, for example Sunshine Seasons in Epcot...if I recall many of their entrees come with a side dish and then in addition I would be able to get a drink and an item from the dessert area?
But, for example at the Kringla bakery, it looks like an entree there is just a sandwich with no side, correct? Or would I be able to select something like a small fruit salad as part of my meal there? Same question for Tamu in AK. It looks like there a meal there is just a sandwich...no sides can be selected? Could I select a pineapple soft serve or a milkshake as a dessert there?

Take it the OZ is Australia:). The main meal is called the entree. So for us, the entree is not included, the main and dessert are! Entree= appetiser Main = entree Dessert = Dessert :)

Yes the OZ is Australia :). Thank you for explaining, I thought it was odd to pay that much and not have the main meal included.

So if you eat at, for example Sunshine Seasons in Epcot...if I recall many of their entrees come with a side dish and then in addition I would be able to get a drink and an item from the dessert area?
But, for example at the Kringla bakery, it looks like an entree there is just a sandwich with no side, correct? Or would I be able to select something like a small fruit salad as part of my meal there? Same question for Tamu in AK. It looks like there a meal there is just a sandwich...no sides can be selected? Could I select a pineapple soft serve or a milkshake as a dessert there?

Everything that is included in the description of the entree (main) is what you will get when choosing that entree.

Looking on allears for Tamu Tamu the Beef Sandwich comes with Chips OR Apple Slices, but not both. You can usually substitute a side that is listed for a different entree for the side that comes with your entree. At many restaurants there will be additional sides listed in a separate section often called "Accompaniments" or "Sides" that have price points and can be purchased OOP, but not subbed for for free. At Kringla the Fruit Cup has a separate price point so I wouldn't count on having it included as part of the entree, although they used to include a cup of soup with the sandwich so you can ask.
allears:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/tamu-tamu-refreshments/lunch-dinner

always tell the CM that you are on the dining plan and then ask what is allowable. after a while you get tired of the QS desserts so I always ask if we can substitute. same can go for the fries/sides. ASK ASK ASK

always tell the CM that you are on the dining plan and then ask what is allowable. after a while you get tired of the QS desserts so I always ask if we can substitute. same can go for the fries/sides. ASK ASK ASK
I know that it will vary on the CM, but can you give me some examples of dessert and side substitutions?

Thanks

I know that it will vary on the CM, but can you give me some examples of dessert and side substitutions?

For my family, we've been able to get a bottle of water in place of the dessert. We've also been able to get a piece of fruit or a bag of chips in place of the dessert at the POR food court.

Hi all! Never paid much attention to free dining but now have it for 2015! Can you order anything or are there specific items only allowed? Are they marked with the Mickey icon? I know the snacks are but the entrees as well?

Hi all! Never paid much attention to free dining but now have it for 2015! Can you order anything or are there specific items only allowed? Are they marked with the Mickey icon? I know the snacks are but the entrees as well?

Snacks are marked with the icon. Entrees are everything else listed on a QS menu.

Last time I was on the free dining, the Norway QS offered a salad or chips with the sandwich as part of the dining plan. I've seen a lot of addendums to menus that specify extra items for the dining plan. The turkey legs are the same way, you can get them as a meal and add a bag of chips.

My question is in regards to drinks. Do you have the option of getting ANY non-alcoholic beverage with QS meals? What if I want an iced coffee or slushee (at $4 a pop!)....or do I have to choose a bottled or fountain beverage?

Totally depends on the restaurant whether or not they will allow "specialty" beverages to be included on the DDP. Beverages served in souvenir cups or accompanied by light-up novelties are never included.

I heard that where they will substitute drinks, it'll be non-refillable. So, if the soda included free refills, it won't with the substitution.

Whether that's only applicable to the TS restaurants I can't say. I'm sure someone else will be able to clarify, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter