What's happening to Aulani??

I’ve been pretty understanding of all the cuts, changes, etc. and have been rolling with the punches so far but then this happened ...

Hopefully it’s temporary because I want my Hawaiian Sea Salt toiletries!
I was staying DVC and they gave all in one shampoo/conditioner— which does neither. And they had no H2O conditioner in the store. A red roof inn would blush with embarrassment

Super bummed about the adult pool - we are 2 adults, no kids, so this is where we would hang out. As for the other pieces (AMA AMA and Aunty’s) wonder how much of this not opening is due to the significant hiring issues right now in Hawaii, paired with the record visitor numbers? Have been listening to a number of Hawaii podcasts, and the lack of people resources is at a critical point, to the point where they are looking at ways to restrict the number of visitors to Hawaii, because they cant hire enough staff to meet visitor demand, and many visitors are not behaving well either!

I’ve been pretty understanding of all the cuts, changes, etc. and have been rolling with the punches so far but then this happened ...

Yep, when we were there in July, our first round of toiletries were H2O, but when they replaced them on day 4, it was with something else...and that something else was NOT impressive. I was not amused at all...

Phew thank god I got to see and visit AULANI in its hey day. No AMA AMA is insane it’s legit an open air restaurant

That’s interesting. Those were the products that were in our poolside gardens villa last week. When we switched to the ocean view a few days ago, the familiar H2O products were in the Villa.

I was staying DVC and they gave all in one shampoo/conditioner— which does neither. And they had no H2O conditioner in the store. A red roof inn would blush with embarrassment
We did see the H2O products being sold in the Aulani store yesterday. Not sure about the conditioner though.

We did see the H2O products being sold in the Aulani store yesterday. Not sure about the conditioner though.
They sold it, but were out. They had other H2O products. I did ask if they had more conditioner in the back and they did not. I was able to get conditioner (Moroccan oil brand) at the spa.

I wish I took a picture of what was in our room it wasn’t a brand I had seen before.

They are selling the Ariel H2O products, the foot scrub, the marine line, and some other things but they’re still out of the Sea Salt line. That’s the one that smells very similar to the Hawaiian Sea Salt line toiletries found in the room.

A little late to the party but was tuning in to the latest Disunplugged discussion this afternoon and Kevin and John mentioned the adult pool being turned into a family pool, so I wanted to chime in.

Perhaps it has to do with some sort of Covid protocol to keep bathers more spaced out so I hope this new policy is reversed. Otherwise...this is a terrible change. It's not even appealing to kids as it's tucked away in the corner with no theming. Adults deserve a little area to themselves. We get similar areas (actually better) on DCL and if those areas were repurposed as well then I would need to find a new cruise line.

Very disappointing move and I will need to contact them so my opinion is heard. Aulani is paradise within paradise and has become quite the staycation which Disney had trouble with because there was literally no reason to leave the resort. This definitely changes things. I enjoy the main pool and lazy river but this little adults-only area was just a nice quiet oasis that we enjoyed taking advantage of.

I realize this is not the norm, but it was a very nice perk. I stayed at a Marriott property a few months back and there is a massive pool area but no adults-only areas. I am totally fine with that and it is what it is and we certainly never see the pools at WDW being closed for an hour or so so adults can have some space in the pool. People pay a lot of money to stay at Aulani and given its luxurious appeal there should be some sort of area for adults. I hope it comes back, and it will not be a deal-breaker (for me), but I assume it will be for others especially those who will not be traveling with children.

They sold it, but were out. They had other H2O products. I did ask if they had more conditioner in the back and they did not. I was able to get conditioner (Moroccan oil brand) at the spa.

I wish I took a picture of what was in our room it wasn’t a brand I had seen before.

Was it Maile? White bottle with gold and a touch of tropical color? They used to sell Maile products in the upscale gift store.

Maile market themselves as “luxury” but their quality doesn’t match the price tag IMO. Still, nice products and I’d consider Maile an acceptable substitute for H20. Hawaiian Tropics is drugstore and it’s what I’d expect to find in a $150/night Best Western, not Aulani.

Is there enough space to build a new Adult only pool area? Wasn't that pool area added on after the original build?

Was it Maile? White bottle with gold and a touch of tropical color? They used to sell Maile products in the upscale gift store.

Maile market themselves as “luxury” but their quality doesn’t match the price tag IMO. Still, nice products and I’d consider Maile an acceptable substitute for H20. Hawaiian Tropics is drugstore and it’s what I’d expect to find in a $150/night Best Western, not Aulani.
They had a product that was shampoo and conditioner - in one in smaller bottles. Greenish writing. It was weird to be honest. If I was spending 2k on our 2 bedroom villa I would have been very confused.

Are you talking about Aulani? Because we are here now and there are h2o products here now. And that is what they had when we were here 2 years ago.

Are you talking about Aulani? Because we are here now and there are h2o products here now. And that is what they had when we were here 2 years ago.
I was there last month and they had something else. Other people are seeing inconsistent products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter