What's everyone's feelings on Hyperspace Mountain?

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
https://www.facebook.com/disneyland...163948.291755292870/10155041354152871/?type=3

Looks like they've confirmed the reskin of Space Mountain to make it Star Wars themed, it's due to open April. What do you think?

Personally I'm not a fan. It clashes with this beautiful Jules Verne exterior and while I'm not normally resistant to change this just feels like a cheap ploy to add something new in a cost effective way.

Am I bitter cynic?

I have the same problems with it.

It seems like they want to chance Tomorrowland into a Star Wars Land without building a complete new ground.

What will be next?

OK...Star Tours but Autopia with Star Wars Landspeeders or little X-wings?

Cafe Hyperion will be Mos Eisley cantina?

I don't have a problem with it at all. Mission 2 wasn't very good anyways, Hyperspace Mountain has had good reviews at the other parks and DLP need things to draw in crowds. Apart from a few posters outside you won't even notice it, so photos will be unaffected.

In terms of it clashing with the Jules Verne exterior - they already do Jedi Academy in Videopolis and have had a Lion King show, Frozen sing a long and a Goofy Christmas show in that building. I'm confused why this is the one that has everyone's goat up so much. They also replaced the Timekeeper (a true Jules Verne inspired) attraction with Buzz and you can see a massive XWing within the land anyways.

I do understand if you don't like Star Wars, but it's one of (if not the) biggest movie franchise on Earth. For a struggling resort they'd be fools for not expanding their offering of something that popular.

I'm generally a traditional Disney fan, so wouldn't like to see everything transformed, but have to admit I've never been overly keen on Mission 2's internal theming (never experienced Mission 1). Love how it looks from the outside, but find both the internal queue area and the ride environment a little dark and dull (with the exception of the red light tunnel effect towards the end of the ride!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter