• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats everybody payin for airfare?

$310 per person round trip (non stop each way) on Southwest out of Kansas City. I sure do miss the days when I could get airfare for $150 non stop!

Our trip is about 8,000 miles (one way). Round trip tickets for two (DH and myself) totaled $ 7,382 or $3,691 per person. At least we are earning miles.

565.00 for 2 non stop round trip from boston during april vacation. This was a steal. Same tickets are now 2600 for 2....Timing was everything on this deal...this includes taxes fees and travel insurance.

$248 pp, non-stop on Delta. Detroit to MCO. The only thing I didn't know was, it is a basic economy flight, and we cannot pick our seats. So my 7 and 9 year old grandkids may be sitting with strangers, as we can all wind up separated. Just hoping for my daughter or myself to be with them. The 13 year old doesn't really care. I'll be more careful never to book this type of flight again.

$248 pp, non-stop on Delta. Detroit to MCO. The only thing I didn't know was, it is a basic economy flight, and we cannot pick our seats. So my 7 and 9 year old grandkids may be sitting with strangers, as we can all wind up separated. Just hoping for my daughter or myself to be with them. The 13 year old doesn't really care. I'll be more careful never to book this type of flight again.
Hopefully the strangers won't want to sit next to the grandchildren and offer to swap with one of you if needed.

I booked porter airlines from Toronto island to Melbourne Florida yesterday for march 12th to 26 th. Total roundtrip for all 4 was $1660 CDN. Most I have paid but usually fly buffalo or flint on southwest. With the exchange and high flight prices. I am going to be ok with this.

People
Hopefully the strangers won't want to sit next to the grandchildren and offer to swap with one of you if needed.
On another forum, people were seriously complaining because others take the cheaper flight knowing they would probably get people to switch. I hope people are nice about it.

Last March got 2 round trip tickets with United from Green bay to Orlando for $670. Also I was told by the called experts to wait, that prices would go down, They didn't. Delta and American both were over $300-$350 higher when I booked and stayed that way. Recently checked to make sure and same tickets with United were $900 and Delta was down to$800. Also the economy seats for United on the from Chicago to Orlando were almost gone for United.
Was also told by so called flying experts that I should have flew out of Milwaukee. That's a 2 hour trip to get to the Milwaukee airport. And at the time all the flights out of Milwaukee to Orlando were more expensive, YES that includes Southwest. Also Southwest out of Milwaukee was over $850 (2 tickets) plus taxes etc (recently checked)
So it's best to check when you feel right and book

Scored $290 pp DTW - MCO on Delta Dec 20-27. It's the exchange that kills us, but couldn't pass up that price. We paid $355 pp last Christmas DTW - FLL.

Last edited:
roughly 600 pp x 4 because travel from MA during Presidents week (only week we can go due to our jobs) is just outrageous. That should make you all feel better :(

We feel lucky if we can get a flight from CA for $500 per person. Sometimes it shows up as $1,000 pp and then we just don't go. (For this reason we visit WDW less often than many of the people here on the DIS).

We got $296 out and $196 back from SMF to MCO. We've managed to drop that to $277 out for everyone and ONE ticket home is down to $182. (Tip: when looking for discount rates, don't put in the full number of your party. Do it for 1 and then keep bumping the number up until you max out.)

RT paid $158.60 ORD/Chicago to MCO/Orlando non stop.
end of sept to mid oct for travel

booked in the summer when prices dropped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter