What's a resort you swore you'd never stay at, but did and ended up loving?

Farro

Argh.
Just curious, trying to open my mind a bit.

I think I would never want to stay at Saratoga Springs, but I watched a walk-through yesterday and it actually looks quite nice.

The grounds of CBR look amazing, but I don't think I like the rooms.

Tell me, did you think you'd hate somewhere and now you really like it? :)

The All Star resorts always had a bad reputation, from what I read with heavy crowds and horrible bus stories and I never considered it until my trips became more frequent. After staying at All Star Music twice now, I can honestly say I love it there and would gladly stay again in the future. I’ve never had an issue with crowds or busses, course I normally travel while schools are in session. Another one is the Fort Wilderness property. In my mind I always thought it would be less than desirable due to campers but after staying in the cabins last month and driving around the property in a golf cart I can say it was a great experience. I probably wouldn’t stay again since we had price protection and at almost 500 dollars a night for a cabin, I can’t justify it.

Last edited:
Art of Animation. It's a "Value" resort, a glorified Motel 6, right? Noise from the interior hallways will surely keep you up all night.

Nope. Loved it. The 1 BR Suites there are amazing and the rooms are whisper quiet - no idea how they did that. The QS food court and even the gift shop is fantastic, as is the bus service that we thought FOR SURE would be awful - and now it's got the Skyliner too. Man, don't judge a book by it's cover, right?

We never thought we would like the Contemporary. But we wound up buying a reservation from another DVC member who had booked the Garden Wing (back when it was the South Wing and there was no BLT) and we really enjoyed it. We've stayed at BLT a few times now.

SSR! Hard to pinpoint what I feared about it and what I loved about it after staying there but it’s just solid all around. Decent theming and pools, great rooms, walk or super quick boat ride to DS. It just feels calm and homey, especially after the crazy of the parks.

AOA. Ok, I’ll admit I’m a Deluxe/DVC snob, never thought about values. A friend wanted to book a family suite for 3 of us, didn’t sound bad. I loved it! Liked the food court, which is something I miss when staying at BWV. Then another time we did Little Mermaid 2 in a room, wasn’t as nice as family suite and farther from the food court, but was nice.

The All Star resorts always had a bad reputation, from what I read with heavy crowds and horrible bus stories and I never considered it until my trips became more frequent. After staying at All Star Music twice now, I can honestly say I love it there and would gladly stay again in the future. I’ve never had an issue with crowds or busses, course I normally travel while schools are in session. Another one is the Fort Wilderness property. In my mind I always thought it would be less than desirable due to campers but after staying in the cabins last month and driving around the property in a golf cart I can say it was a great experience. I probably wouldN’y stay again since we had price protection and at almost 500 dollars a night for a cabin, I can’t justify it.
The All Star resorts always had a bad reputation, from what I read with heavy crowds and horrible bus stories and I never considered it until my trips became more frequent. After staying at All Star Music twice now, I can honestly say I love it there and would gladly stay again in the future. I’ve never had an issue with crowds or busses, course I normally travel while schools are in session. Another one is the Fort Wilderness property. In my mind I always thought it would be less than desirable due to campers but after staying in the cabins last month and driving around the property in a golf cart I can say it was a great experience. I probably wouldN’y stay again since we had price protection and at almost 500 dollars a night for a cabin, I can’t justify it.
Our go to resort is All-Star Music. We have never had issues with buses, or crowds. The resort is clean and why pay a whole lot of money for a room that you're barely in? On our anniversaries and birthdays, there's always a little something in our room waiting for us :-). On rare occasions we also like Port Orleans Riverside for a treat.

We joined the DVC with AK fully intending not to stay much because it was too far away and so bus dependent but now it's our favorite non-park destination. We've gotten to know a few of the staff and enjoy the theme. We rarely stay in a Savannah view room as we enjoy being by the Jambo pool. We bought at Bay Lake thinking we'd love the walk-able access to MK. We do love the access but the venue itself is very nondescript/any hotel.

Contemporary. I never liked the theme or that it wasn’t as resort like IMO as the other monorail resorts. We stayed there because the kids liked the look and the grand concourse, and we thought walking to the MK sounded good for Christmas Day to avoid transportation. Well, it was a a lot better than I expected, I really enjoyed it, and the kids loved it. I still prefer the Poly or GF, but would happily stay at the CR.

Art of Animation. I am not a fan of The Little Mermaid (“Sure little girls! Give up your family and everything about your identity for a guy!” Great message there...), and being a solo traveler I am not booking a family suite. But I decided to try it and ended up loving it. If you ignore the big Ariel on the shower curtain, you can almost just pretend the room is “ocean themed with a touch of whimsy”.

Wilderness Lodge. Too remote, boats are slow. One day taking a break from Magic Kingdom, midday, we took a look around, had lunch enjoyed the view. We were looking for a getaway weekend and Wilderness DVC came up. We took it. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! We had the most relaxing weekend ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter