What's a Disney food you don't love...

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
,,,that everyone else does?

For me it's Tonga Toast. Maybe I was just too excited to try it, but it definitely didn't live up to my expectations. Not even close. And don't get me wrong, I love everything carb! French toast, pancakes, muffins, all of it! And I love bananas! I just didn't like that Tonga Toast-

What's a Disney food that you had high expectations for that everyone else can't get enough of that you just don't like?

School bread in Norway, cheese soup in Canada, any hot dog sold on property, nachos in Pecos Bills.

For the most part I do like their food though.

The foods I feel are most overrated are Dole Whips, Tonga toast, and School Bread. There are worse things but I don't understand the greatness of these iconic items. Pineapple ice cream, overly sweet French toast and a donut with coconut.

The bread pudding dessert at 'Ohana. It gets such rave reviews I expected to love it, but it was ok. Maybe it's a texture thing and I'm just not a bread pudding kinda girl?

The foods I feel are most overrated are Dole Whips, Tonga toast, and School Bread.

I have to say that I LOVE the Dole Whips. We stayed at the Poly and I got one every day and had the float on our last day. I craved them every day for several days once we got home!

As soon as I saw the thread title, my answer popped in my head immediately -- Tonga toast. Just didn't like it at all. Didn't like school bread either.

Not a fan of the Dole Whip, Zebra Domes and the Mushroom Filet at LeCellier.

I know I shouldn't knock it until I try it, but after hearing so much about Norway's school bread... I was completely turned off when I saw it. I think that's the last thing I want to eat in a theme park. It looked heavy and processed. I wish they'd make smaller versions!

Tonga toast. I was excited to try it from all the reviews, but ended up trading plates with my husband. Funny enough, I loved the macadamia nut pancakes he ordered...that's what I always get now. And he loved the tonga toast, so it all worked out. It was just too much for me, overly sweet.

Also turkey legs and the chocolate covered sea salt caramels in Germany.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter