• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do?

swankybeth

<font color=teal>Loves bubble tea!<br><font color=
I'm trying to plan for January 2006, but with all of these new rules regarding AP rates it's becoming very confusing! DH and I do not have current AP's, but we will most likely buy them as we will go in late January '06 and early January '07. But, if another deal comes out with free dining, I'd rather book that package for our trip and buy the AP's next time. Of course to make it worse, I wouldn't even be able to check on AP rates unless I purchase the voucher ahead of time! :rolleyes: So, what would you do? I was also thinking of signing up for AAA just to get a discount on the room. Would that be worth it? Any advice would be helpful, as I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure it all out! :crazy:

Honestly - and I could be wrong - but I think this free dining is offered to get the guests down because it is during peak hurricane season. And after all the ones that came through last year this is a good way to entice people down. The other offers like the 7 for 4 and such were offered during this time too and not during another time, so I honestly don't see it being extended. But that is just me.

AAA is really good, you don't have to worry about the non-refundable deposit and you still get a pretty good discount.

If you are going to go more than one trip with more than 10 days at the park then it would be good to get the AP just for the park admission. But I don't think I would count on the free dining plan in January. Again, don't know if they will extend it or not but me personally I wouldn't count on it.

We're in the same boat you are. We are trying to plan a trip for Feb 06, and before all these new AP rules came out, we were definitely considering purchasing an AP in order to make the rates a little more reasonable.

My plan is to wait a little while and see what comes up. Jan/Feb are still considered slow, and for at least the past 3 years, some kind of public code has been offered for that time of year. In the next week or so, I plan on booking a room-only AAA rate at WL, and cross my fingers that some special will be released. I'd love a "pay for 5, stay 7" or something like that. And, I also understand that the "old" AP rates (call in w/ a code) are still going to be offered.

So with the free dining offer ended, and the "Best Rate" program underway, maybe some new offers will be released soon. I guess my advice is to wait it out a little longer. Unfortunately for us, Feb is a long way off still!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter