What would you do?

perthgirl

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I are coming all the way from Australia and can only go to Disneyland 2 days (one for each park) between November 1 and 4. We booked November 1 and 2 thinking it would be quiet after Halloween and before Christmas is up but park showing no reservations available November 1 and 2. Should we move one of the days to the Friday (which is showing availability) in hopes it will be quieter? If so which one? (Land or California Adventure)?

Short answer: Change your Disneyland reservation to Friday November 4.

Long answer: Single day tickets have tiered pricing, from tier 0 (cheapest) to tier 6 (most expensive). November 1 and 2 are tier 1, and there have been no low tier (0, 1, 2) since September -- parks will likely be packed with single day ticket guests. World or Color (in DCA) runs every night. Fantasmic and Fireworks (in Disneyland) are only Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Considering how much you are spending on airfare, you might want to spend a little more on park tickets -- upgrade to park hoppers. You could also move your DCA day to November 3.

Short answer: Change your Disneyland reservation to Friday November 4.

Long answer: Single day tickets have tiered pricing, from tier 0 (cheapest) to tier 6 (most expensive). November 1 and 2 are tier 1, and there have been no low tier (0, 1, 2) since September -- parks will likely be packed with single day ticket guests. World or Color (in DCA) runs every night. Fantasmic and Fireworks (in Disneyland) are only Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Considering how much you are spending on airfare, you might want to spend a little more on park tickets -- upgrade to park hoppers. You could also move your DCA day to November 3.
Thanks, we have cancelled and rebooked both. And know if it is crowded at least we got there, lots of people in the world never get the chance.

Thanks, we have cancelled and rebooked both. And know if it is crowded at least we got there, lots of people in the world never get the chance.
Oh should also have said California is the beginning of 4 weeks in the US and we have been to WDW many time as my father used to live there so just happy to be travelling again and visiting the Land after 20 years away from it

Hmm…I’m not sure about switching to Friday the 4th. Dapper Day weekend is November 5th and 6th. I think Friday will be crowded because of it. At least crowded by evening time. But you would get the full entertainment options on Friday, if that’s important to you. I don’t really understand crowd patterns anymore tho, so maybe the early dapper day crowds will be less than the single day ticket holders 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Either way, hope you guys have a great time! I’ll be there with my daughters November 2-4.

Hmm…I’m not sure about switching to Friday the 4th. Dapper Day weekend is November 5th and 6th. I think Friday will be crowded because of it. At least crowded by evening time. But you would get the full entertainment options on Friday, if that’s important to you. I don’t really understand crowd patterns anymore tho, so maybe the early dapper day crowds will be less than the single day ticket holders 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Either way, hope you guys have a great time! I’ll be there with my daughters November 2-4.
It is all a guess these days. Have fun

Nobody knows… it’s basically just crowded all the time now.

Friday you have the opportunity to see the nighttime entertainment at DL (fireworks can be canceled due to weather/wind). Fantasmic can be canceled due to staffing/technical difficulties/weather.

I am going on Nov. 1 because my son has the day off school. We went last year on Nov. 1 and it was totally dead. But this year has been busier than last year so it could be crowded. We will find out! 😆

My daughter and I are coming all the way from Australia and can only go to Disneyland 2 days (one for each park) between November 1 and 4. We booked November 1 and 2 thinking it would be quiet after Halloween and before Christmas is up but park showing no reservations available November 1 and 2. Should we move one of the days to the Friday (which is showing availability) in hopes it will be quieter? If so which one? (Land or California Adventure)?
Just fyi there are currently reservations for both parks showing for all those dates…the only sold out date is 16 November.

It is now crowded all the time, I guess that is because of the tier pricing of the single day tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter