What would you do?

RNBelle

Mouseketeer
My stay starts on the 2nd and ends on the 4th (Riviera Resort for 2 nights). I just realized I wrote a work event down incorrectly and it's the 4th instead of the 5th. Obviously, it's too late to add another night of the same room type to avoid checking out. If I get another room, it's extremely unlikely I will be able to check-in over lunch or before 830.

We are staying at Boardwalk on the 1st, so it's already a split stay.

This is an all-day remote work conference in which I will be speaking a lot (830-5). I have four kids, so doing it in the car on (spotty) cell wi-fi is impossible.
Would you try to find another place for the 2-5th?
Would you add another resort (or leave late) and try to find somewhere quiet to work?

I would move to SSR for whole trip or, at least, the most of the trip. Better to have a place for the work call. My DH has this often as well so we always need to have a room available (also why we like a 1BR even if just 2 of us). And now have to consider DD-22 as well (in accounting and WFH too). Last trip we didn't think about DD working remotely and booked trip to end on a Tue and flights home mid day (for her and her sister and my in laws...DH and I stayed longer). Turned into a logistical nightmare when she had to work on project due the end of Tue. So I would def forgo the desired resort/location to not have to do any crazy stuff like we did for DD (we paid to bump her flight to the evening and then had to bring her to our house, we have a villa near Disney, to stay night before so she could get up and work all Tue...then had to run back to Disney Tue AM to take other DD and in laws from WDW to MCO....then back to our house to get working DD that night and run back to MCO to drop her off.....:crazy::scared::crazy2:...could you follow all that? Yeah, me either. LOL).

ALso want to add that we LOVE SSR with the updates and new murphy beds. Also love being able to walk to/from DS for food, drinks and shopping (now that we are empty nest and even when our 20something kids come they like it too for all those reasons). With you having 4 kids, those murphy beds might be nice. They just pull down from wall, easy peasy. ANd can close during the day, also easy peasy. So having to switch to there, for us, is not a heart breaker. And we even sometimes book it when others are available. With having our villa near WDW, we like now use our points to book a night here and a night there to pop over to WDW for food and drinks and can stay the night and not drive the 25 mins back to our villa. So we book kinda last minute and SSR is a no brainer for us.

I would move to SSR for whole trip or, at least, the most of the trip. Better to have a place for the work call. My DH has this often as well so we always need to have a room available (also why we like a 1BR even if just 2 of us). And now have to consider DD-22 as well (in accounting and WFH too). Last trip we didn't think about DD working remotely and booked trip to end on a Tue and flights home mid day (for her and her sister and my in laws...DH and I stayed longer). Turned into a logistical nightmare when she had to work on project due the end of Tue. So I would def forgo the desired resort/location to not have to do any crazy stuff like we did for DD (we paid to bump her flight to the evening and then had to bring her to our house, we have a villa near Disney, to stay night before so she could get up and work all Tue...then had to run back to Disney Tue AM to take other DD and in laws from WDW to MCO....then back to our house to get working DD that night and run back to MCO to drop her off.....:crazy::scared::crazy2:...could you follow all that? Yeah, me either. LOL).

These are great points. Working from home is newer to me. I'm learning that writing things down in my old planner is not going to fly when the majority of events are in my laptop/phone's calendar.

We were at VGF a few years ago and DH had to participate in some conference calls while we were there. They were early workday mornings so he asked if there was someplace he could work and they told him that the conference center was not in use so he could work there. I'd check with your resort before changing any reservations.

Tether your phone to the laptop, park yourself in the hub in front of the castle and let everyone be jealous.

Have you checked to see if the room you are in at Riviera is available via Disney for cash? It may be alot but would allow you to not have to change rooms? If not, I would probably opt for having all the days in one place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter