• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do

Sleepingbeauty101

Mouseketeer
I got a pin code for 30 percent off deluxe rooms. So I booked AKL for 6 nights for two adults and 1 child. For 236 dollars less we can stay at Port Orleans, we have stayed here before and love it. Would you save the 236 dollars and switch or would you stay with AKL

I was going to say - only if it was a savanna view, but honestly, AKL wins hands down everything. I love AKL. In the big scheme of things, $236 isn't that much at Disney. I would stay at AKL and cut in other areas if I had to make it up.

When are you going? The main pool at Jambo will be closed from September to December.
If it’s next year, no question, AKL!

I got a pin code for 30 percent off deluxe rooms. So I booked AKL for 6 nights for two adults and 1 child. For 236 dollars less we can stay at Port Orleans, we have stayed here before and love it. Would you save the 236 dollars and switch or would you stay with AKL
If it is 236 for the entire stay, I would keep what you have.

So for only $40 more per night, you can stay at AKL? 100%, stay with AKL.

It is our favorite resort. Even if you're going during the Jambo pool rehab, we'd still pick AKL. The animals, theme, restaurants, laidback resort vibe and absolutely gorgeous design of just about every space in the lodge will more than make up for one pool closure, imo.

And, as mentioned upthread I think, you can still swim at Kidani -- they have a shuttle between resorts, or it's a short walk.

AKL hands down. We have stayed at both resorts and there really is no comparison. AKL is an amazing resort... the pools, animals, restaurants, balcony, etc.... You will not be disappointed.

Ditto what pretty much everyone else has already said...stick with AKL! And I say this as someone who actually really likes Port Orleans. It is IMHO so worth that extra $200 plus dollars...there is so much to do and see at AKL, you could easily make a vacation out of just staying there! 30% off is a great discount, and I really don't think you'll regret it.

Enjoy! :)

Thank you everyone. We have decided to stay with AKL and try to cut down in other areas of we can. We were going to drive down, however with the cost of gas, getting a hotel for one night on the way there and the cost of parking we will be spending a little over 400 dollars. I am beginning to think that flying may be better and found 3 round trip flights for a little over 600. I'm not sure if that's good or not.

Thank you everyone. We have decided to stay with AKL and try to cut down in other areas of we can. We were going to drive down, however with the cost of gas, getting a hotel for one night on the way there and the cost of parking we will be spending a little over 400 dollars. I am beginning to think that flying may be better and found 3 round trip flights for a little over 600. I'm not sure if that's good or not.

I would fly if that is the cost. There is a parking fee at teh resorts now so that will add into your total cost, not to mention the cost of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter