What would you do?

dadofnicholas

Mouseketeer
I know the answer to this question will be a "it-depends-answer" but I'm curious what some of you might do in this situation. Plus it's less of a cost issue but perhaps more maximizing the cost/time???

We arrive early afternoon this coming Monday (I know - beyond excited) and leave Saturday late morning. Staying every moment on-site for this trip. Simply...

Option #1 - Get Halloween Party tickets for myself, parents, and my 7 yo (for Monday night). Daughter is under 3 yo. Then get 4-day hopper tickets (for rest of week). Plus - Halloween Party experience, shorter line-ups for rides, etc.

Option #2 - Get 5-day hopper tickets. Less costly, still get a few hours on Monday, etc.

Various factors to consider but what would you do if you were in my situation and why? I can't say I'm leaning one way or the other really. Perhaps another person's perspective might be the impetus of a final decision :) Thanks in advance.

I love the Halloween party, I would do that. I wouldn't necessarily count on shorter lines for rides during it. They can be shorter, but they might not be. But the fireworks show alone is worth the cost to me, I think it's the best show they have.

If the cost isn't to much of a problem I would probably go with the Halloween Party!!! Only because it doesn't happen all year round.

I would also do the party! It also gives you a chance to sleep in that day as 5 park days is a lot! Your 7 year old will appreciate the time to sleep, relax, look around the hotel, swim maybe, etc (and the adults will too). You can go to the parks at 3 pm the party day so still earlier then the party starts

Another party vote. They're so much fun, cost alone isn't a factor for you, and it'll be a unique Disney experience for you. What a great way to start a vacation!

Since there are other Halloween Parties on both Wednesday and Friday next week cutting into your time at DL as well, I would also say do the Monday party!

If cost is not an issue for you, then I would do the party. I'm looking forward to taking my kids some day. It looks like a ton of fun.

I've never been to a MHP and not sure I ever will, but under your scenario I would probably do the party. You'll have 4 days to experience all the regular stuff. Monday will give you something hopefully a little different and exciting.

Thanks, everyone! Done - MHP it is!

I've taken my son before but not my daughter. We did a mix of everything - spending time on the rides, collecting candy, watching, etc.

Our (son and I) first night is usually at the Rainforest Cafe but this will be a nice change plus we can do RC later.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter