• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do???

What would you do?

• Go on cruise

• Stay home with wife

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

wdwfreeksince88

Only An Hour From The House Of Mouse
I have a dilemma. There is a good chance my wife won't be able to go due to work. I already have the time off but there is someone at her work that has more seniority that might want the same week off. The question is....Would any of you go without your spouse? I am more into this than she is...she is excited for the cruise and I am excited for all the podcast stuff. To her its just a cruise but I want to be there for all the things the podcast is doing. So...What would you do?

I am going without my boyfriend...I asked him and he wasn't interested so I told him that I was going. Then my daughter and grand daughter joined me. He was annoyed at first, but he got over it...especially when I booked a short trip to WDW for just the 2 of us in May.

If it turns out that your wife can't get the time off, and she's ok with you going it alone, I would go for it.

Well, that depends. What does your wife think? If she doesn't care, then go. If she cares, then stay home with her. But be careful - she's a woman. There's a chance she's going to tell you to go and really mean that she wants you to be a great husband and say, no, I'll stay home.

Well, that depends. What does your wife think? If she doesn't care, then go. If she cares, then stay home with her. But be careful - she's a woman. There's a chance she's going to tell you to go and really mean that she wants you to be a great husband and say, no, I'll stay home.

Sad but true.

I would GO without! And I have gone without and I will go without again!
My DH has his outdoorsy trips and I don't go on them, a little "without spouse time" is great and gives you something new to talk about and I loved the independence it gave me for doing it the first time!!) Good luck I do understand its a tough decision for you, each person has to make the choice for their own realtionship!!)

I went on the first one without my partner. I am going on the second without him too.

As long as your wife doesn't have an issue with it, I say go. And since you are relatively close, perhaps the BOTH of you can join in some pre/post cruise activities, especially if she can't make the cruise.

I voted GO!!!!

But as Nicole already made clear is that you have to consider what your wife wants you to do.
Talk to her about it and tell her that you want an honest opinion from her what to do. If she is totally fine with it and wants you to go, then go for it but if you just notice the slightest hesitation then just don't go.

Also for me it would be very important what else would be on the program for trips this year.
When this would be the only vacation that i would have then i rather spend my vacation with my spouse, but if you do have some other trips planned together then i would go.

Any chance you could contact this 'more seniority' person and negotiate with her? Perhaps if she knew that you have already paid for the cruise (or at least a portion of it), she would be flexible with her vacation dates??? :confused3

Worth a try, no?

--H

Any chance you could contact this 'more seniority' person and negotiate with her? Perhaps if she knew that you have already paid for the cruise (or at least a portion of it), she would be flexible with her vacation dates??? :confused3

Worth a try, no?

--H

I think this person already knows because the boss has talked with both of them on this. I think they are trying to figure out a way for both to be off at the same time. That is what I am hoping for. I just like to have all my ducks in a row for whichever situation comes up. Hopefully this will all work out.....if not its going to be a tough decision. If she tells me she would not like me to go(doubt she would say that) then I won't. But if she tells me she is fine with it then I have to make a decision to actually go or not.

There's a chance she's going to tell you to go and really mean that she wants you to be a great husband and say, no, I'll stay home.

These are the words of a wise woman - and exactly what I was thinking if I were going to be completely honest.

If she is truly ok with it, then go. But ask her. And then ask her again. And then ask her again... (see a pattern?)

I am bravely leaving my children and husband at home. Although they would all have a great time, they know that there is Dis stuff going on and I will be more into that than they would. Everyone is really ok with me going alone.

But, this is something that I have done several times. I went on ABD 1.0 without them and I go on a yearly girls only weekend &/or vacation without them too. And then we do family stuff.

So, long story short, if she's REALLY ok with it, go. You will have a wonderful time. But, here is hoping that you don't have to make that choice and it will all work at for her to go.

I hope you are both able to go, but if Danielle is ok with you going alone then do it. If not we can still see you guys before and after :goodvibes

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out and both Danielle and her colleague can get the time off :thumbsup2

I hope you are both able to go, but if Danielle is ok with you going alone then do it. If not we can still see you guys before and after :goodvibes

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out and both Danielle and her colleague can get the time off :thumbsup2

Yep! :thumbsup2 :hug:

I hope we both can also. Its a tough decision to make. She wants to come so she can see you guys and Krissy and Bob. But if she can't she would probably still try and come to some pre or post cruise events.

To go without her or not?

How comfortable is your couch?

How would you feel if it were the other way around? DH and I often do a vacation together and a vacation apart each year and are both ok with it. He hoes not want to go to Disney every year and I have no desire to golf all week!

I wanted to thank everyone for weighing in on this. It was going to be a tough decision to make. But luckily DW got word today they are going to make it work so both her and the other lady can be off at the same time. At least that is what is said now. Anything can change. We are so excited that we didn't have to make that decision and she should be able to go. Thank you all again....you folks are what makes the dis so great!:thumbsup2

I wanted to thank everyone for weighing in on this. It was going to be a tough decision to make. But luckily DW got word today they are going to make it work so both her and the other lady can be off at the same time. At least that is what is said now. Anything can change. We are so excited that we didn't have to make that decision and she should be able to go. Thank you all again....you folks are what makes the dis so great!:thumbsup2

YAY!! :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm so pleased, I really do hope it doesn't change :hug: Can't wait to see you guys again :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter