What would you do ? TS help/input needed

Meka003

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip in about 12 years back to Disney and its a first for our kids (6 and 2 ) ...i thought. Had all of our ADRs settled ( we are on the DDP ) but the after reading some reviews i really want to try Kona for Dinner ! Is there anything on my list you would switch out or just pay OOP for... My other thinking was maybe just get a dessert and drinks at one of the other places so that we can still have the experience but get better food elsewhere :) thanks for any help ... We have 6 TS credits to use

Monday- Raglan Road ( drinks and dessert ... Going to do WGP express for dinner )
Tuesday- T-Rex Cafe ----kids are begging for this , heard the food was not so awesome
Wednesday - CRT breakfast (OOP)
Thursday- H&V lunch ( for the 2 yr old ) and Mama Melrose for dinner (F! Package )
Friday- O'hana breakfast , Boma -dinner
Sat- Tempen Edo
Sun- magical express pick up at 3ish

Do you have a car? It was not worth it to us to go to DTD. Maybe skip Ragland ?

OK, T-rex, the food is on the level with say chilis / applebees. The portions are huge, you could probably share a meal and either save the credit or pay OOP. Honestly, we didn't hate the food and my kids loved the atmosphere so we will do that one again.

H&V, we were really unimpressed, but the character interaction was cute, I just think my kids had outgrown it. Food was "Meh". We really wanted the chocolate fountain because DS4 is a serious chocolate addict, but it's just a display and the deserts are already made. Some people probably already knew that, but it was kind of a let down for us. We will probably never do that again, but YMMV. Unfortunately, it's the only place I know of to meet the DisneyJr characters.

Mama Melrose Fantasmic package was AWESOME and we are doing it again this trip just DH and I.

Teppen Edo, food was good, but if you have a good hibachi near your own home, go there and skip Teppen Edo. With the exception of them drawing Mickey with the onions, it was exactly the same. It didn't really offer much unique experience and my kids were over it pretty quickly.

I would probably skip Teppen Edo. Like OZMom said, it really is like any Arirang or other hibachi restaurant across the country. We try to go to Kona on every trip, it's amazing!

Do you have a car? It was not worth it to us to go to DTD. Maybe skip Ragland ?

We are staying at POFQ so DTD is just a boat ride away ... And at Raglan we are just doing desserts and drinks just for the entertainment.

We have several habichi grills by us but haven't taken the kids to one yet ...maybe that is something we can do here before we go and cancel that ADR plus honestly I am not a huge Epcot person but DH is so maybe that we get us out of there early ...hahaha

For what it's worth, T Rex was a favorite with our grandkids 8,10, & 12. We thought the food was fine, not spectacular, and the price was reasonable. We have eaten there several times.

This is our first trip in about 12 years back to Disney and its a first for our kids (6 and 2 ) ...i thought. Had all of our ADRs settled ( we are on the DDP ) but the after reading some reviews i really want to try Kona for Dinner ! Is there anything on my list you would switch out or just pay OOP for... My other thinking was maybe just get a dessert and drinks at one of the other places so that we can still have the experience but get better food elsewhere :) thanks for any help ... We have 6 TS credits to use

Monday- Raglan Road ( drinks and dessert ... Going to do WGP express for dinner )
Tuesday- T-Rex Cafe ----kids are begging for this , heard the food was not so awesome
Wednesday - CRT breakfast (OOP)
Thursday- H&V lunch ( for the 2 yr old ) and Mama Melrose for dinner (F! Package )
Friday- O'hana breakfast , Boma -dinner
Sat- Tempen Edo
Sun- magical express pick up at 3ish
I'd have fewer ADR's with a 2 y.o. 2 in one day can be too much work.

We found early dinners could not come soon enough after all the daily stimulation in the Parks.

Recommendation(s):

--Combine HS day by making H&V into your Fantasmic! meal. Or, keep Mama Melrose & go to Disney Jr. show.

--I agree that something more convenient than Downtown Disney on arrival day with 2 y.o. would be our preference.

--Kona or Boma - which ever is more convenient. A case for lunch or daylight dinner at Sanaa would seem to fit your palate as well. The differences between this group are personal choice, not food quality or ambiance.

--Ohana breakfast & Boma dinner may be better accomplished with Tusker House lunch - characters & curry.

I know H&V is the eqivilant of a Golden Corral but alas my two little ones are super excited for those characters and if i can meet them in an a/c building in the middle of the day in August i am going to take one for the team ...lol

We are looking to switch some stuff around based on everyone's advice ...i really appreciate it :)

We are staying at POFQ so DTD is just a boat ride away ... And at Raglan we are just doing desserts and drinks just for the entertainment.

We have several habichi grills by us but haven't taken the kids to one yet ...maybe that is something we can do here before we go and cancel that ADR plus honestly I am not a huge Epcot person but DH is so maybe that we get us out of there early ...hahaha

That's a great idea! We love riding the monorail from Epcot to the TTC & then either walking to the Poly (it's a beautiful walk) or hopping on the TTC's resort monorail to the Poly. We usually schedule our the luau on one of our Epcot days. Have fun!!

I'd skip Boma. Without a car it is a time consuming trek, especially with a 2 y/o.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter