What would you do for HP fan?

wendygrace

DIS Veteran
So, I'm considering a Mother-daughter trip over Labor Day for my 13yo daughter. She is not a roller coaster fan so she may ride once or twice but the big push would be just the experience. Would you do two or three days? We would be staying on site so would get EE.

Would you do hotel and tix through Universal, or is going through Undercover Tourist better?

What things would you say are most do for a HP fan and how much money will I be parting with for souvenirs?

Any tips for this newbie to Universal?

And, why, oh, why is there no HP themed hotel?

Onsite hotel, book room-only. Not a package which are restrictive as to changes if price drops/cancellation

Tix, UT, you might find it cost-worthy to check out APH rates & run the numbers to see if upgrading to APH if only fo rone person would work.

Several threads here re ability to upgrade UT tix cheaply.

My guess why no Harry hotel:laughing: is that ms Rowling wasn't having it.

So, I'm considering a Mother-daughter trip over Labor Day for my 13yo daughter. She is not a roller coaster fan so she may ride once or twice but the big push would be just the experience. Would you do two or three days? We would be staying on site so would get EE.

Would you do hotel and tix through Universal, or is going through Undercover Tourist better?

What things would you say are most do for a HP fan and how much money will I be parting with for souvenirs?

Any tips for this newbie to Universal?

And, why, oh, why is there no HP themed hotel?

If you stay in one of the "upper tier" hotels you also get Express pass which now includes all Harry Potter rides.

If she is a Harry Potter fanatic, you might be dropping a pretty penny on souvenirs: house robe, wand, chocolate frogs, butter beer, etc

Plan on purchasing an interactive wand (maybe two!). I initially got one for my son and then the next year, I got one too because I was missing out on all the fun :) We could not stomach the high price of robes in the parks and bought off eBay. There are some good quality robes coming from sellers in China. The problem is time. You would need to order now, like today, to ensure the robes arrived in time for your trip.

So, wait. I can buy one annual seasonal pass for $285 and get a discount at Cabana Cay of $30ish? I can buy UT tix for $263 and change. I can use that to upgrade to the APH on our first day. Am I understanding that correctly? And I would only have to upgrade one pass sometime during our trip.

When do prices for APH go up? We are planning on going Sept 1-4 so want to make sure the price won't go up eliminating my savings.

Interactive want. Check. Robes on ebay? Any recommendations? There seems to be lots of sellers at so many different price points.

Would it make sense to do any of the food plans if we are just doing HP?

The food plan is good if you only buy the very most expensive food in the parks. We get one day to use on the top priced dishes, but you can get a free style coke at a discount. Just renew the drink cups each day. Check out Shutterbugs. You can purchase a CD of your group in HP scenes. Kinda nifty.

Last week UT had a buy two days of park-to-park tickets, get one extra day free special last week. Not sure how long it lasts. Their price for two days was also around $50 cheaper than buying them straight from the theme park. Anyway, that could solve your "two or three days" dilemma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter