what would it take for you to cancel a WDW vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, swimming against the tide a bit here, but I wouldn't reschedule UNTIL I KNEW the actual precise date of the surgery. What if he ends up not being scheduled for it until the day you return or something?
Check out your cancellation policy (do you have the 6 days?) and make your decision by that date. No sense cancelling now when you really don't know what day he is having the surgery. (I do agree with the others though, I wouldn't leave my dh to have surgery alone. But that's just me. YMMV)

Hey now, reyasmom, chill out. I think it would be polite to just answer the OP without being rude about it. You are perfectly entitled to your personal opinions, of course, but on the DIS, I think we're expected to not be outright rude to each other in replies. Moderators?

edited to add, perhaps I am overreacting to reyasmom's post, but I didn't think it was very nice. :confused3

that would be enough for me to cancel and reschedule.

Me, too. He's having a major, vital organ removed. Regardless of how smoothly the doctor and your husband think it will go, there could be trouble and it would bother me not to be there for a loved one.

chamonix said:
Hey now, reyasmom, chill out. I think it would be polite to just answer the OP without being rude about it. You are perfectly entitled to your personal opinions, of course, but on the DIS, I think we're expected to not be outright rude to each other in replies. Moderators?

edited to add, perhaps I am overreacting to reyasmom's post, but I didn't think it was very nice. :confused3

I'll apologize for being snarky, but seriously.. someone's debating on leaving their husband after having major abdominal surgery for a trip to WDW. Granted tomorrow's our first trip, but there is NOTHING that would convince me to go on vacation while DH is recovering.

well, if you don't like your hubby much then i say go, but if you love the hubby then i sayjust change plans cuz God willing Disney will always be there. There are some things to consider, for me, thank God i only have 1 child, but if i had more and they were really looking forward to the trip my husband and myself might not want to cancel, so the only way i would even consider going is if i knew i was leaving him in good hands like my mom or his mom for example but that would take a lot of thought since i work so much and it is hard to get away we only go in Dec of every other year and we stay 3-4 weeks so that would mean the kids would have to wait 2 years unless he took them without me. So i guess it really depends but everything is not clear cut or inconsiderate there are other factors to think about.

The thread asked what would it take to cancel....For my husband and me it was the adoption of a dog. We adopted a sweet Scottie girl whose owner had passed away. We would have her 2 weeks, be gone 2 weeks and decided it was too disruptive to her adjustment. We canceled our trip.

Personally, I would want to be at home with my husband if he was recuperating from surgery--and he would expect me to be there. It may be disappointing to your son, but at 13 I think he will understand. Maybe if you just "postpone" the trip with a reschedule in mind it won't be as hard and try to do something special with your son during this time. The surgery will be difficult for your son as well. I hope your husband's surgery and recovery goes well--that is the most important thing!

We actually just cancelled our September trip. :guilty:

After we booked, I found out I was pregnant. :cheer2: However, we had several miscarraiges in the past, and I had preterm labor complications with dd. So, our dr thought it was best that we not fly at anytime during the pregnancy. I know my dd is very disappointed, and I am, as well, (which I guess is why I stay on these boards so much - get my fix! :p ) but in the end, our trip wasn't worth the risk of possibly losing another baby and not having our doctor nearby. It's just a precaution, but one we are not willing to compromise.

The way I look at it...Disney will always be there. It's not like I am cancelling this trip and NEVER be able to go to Disney EVER again! (that would be a tragedy!!) :rotfl2: :earseek:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I do know that I certainly would cancel/postpone the vacation. (Although others may do otherwise) My thinking is that Disney World will always be there.

How is this even a question? Of course I would reschedule it. Of course I don't go on vacation without my DH, either. :confused3

WDWLVR said:
Personally I would cancel to be there with my DH. Of course I also wouldn't be going to Disney without my DH. Surgery is not something to be taken lightly. Hope it all works out well for your DH.

My sentiments exactly, I can't imagine ever going on holiday without my DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter