What will Shanghai Disney open with?

Honestly I think he's mostly given a pass because people view him as a "creative genius" and it's okay to repeatedly bring your company to the brink of bankruptcy in that case.

When it's a bunch of accountants, suddenly we don't feel so generous. :D
Walt spent the money and Roy made sure they made and had enough money. It was the perfect scenario. Now like you said it's all about the accountants and making Wall Street happy.

I'm hoping the TRON coaster opens soon as I just want to see videos of it...will be a while before I get to Shanghai

Massive refurbs really. They are adding new vehicles and things to space mountain. They are rebuilding things, they just reopened small world from a massive redo. The studio tour is getting some new additions.
This has drifted off the Shanghai topic towards DLP, but when reading the comments I was reminded of a differencein how they operated the queues there that struck me as odd.

At the US parks visitors often use the single rider lines to avoid long waits when they just want to enjoy attraction and don't mind group being separated. But when you enter the single rider line in DLP the CM asks if you're together and boots you to the other line if you're not alone. We also asked what the wait time for single rider line was and they said the same. We watched and they seem to manage the queues so there is no advantage to using single rider line for those willing to split.

Just seemed very odd to me and surprised queues in Disney parks aren't more universally managed.

This has drifted off the Shanghai topic towards DLP, but when reading the comments I was reminded of a differencein how they operated the queues there that struck me as odd.

At the US parks visitors often use the single rider lines to avoid long waits when they just want to enjoy attraction and don't mind group being separated. But when you enter the single rider line in DLP the CM asks if you're together and boots you to the other line if you're not alone. We also asked what the wait time for single rider line was and they said the same. We watched and they seem to manage the queues so there is no advantage to using single rider line for those willing to split.

Just seemed very odd to me and surprised queues in Disney parks aren't more universally managed.
They can't be really universally managed if some of the parks have different ownership. Also you even see difference in operations between Disneyland and WDW. A lot of it has to do with the culture or clientele they are dealing with.

In part this may be a result of social differences. The, admittedly stereotypical, British view of the French is that we queue politely and they don't bother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter