What was your style like in highschool?

Class of 1994 from a private school with a dress code but no uniforms. I dressed pretty much straight out of the J Crew catalog, in that I would literally just purchase the outfits in full that I thought looked good, as it simplified matching, coordinating, etc. Looking back, it was a horribly inefficient, wasteful and expensive system, as each article of clothing only belonged to one outfit in my mind, but it was certainly easy for me. I also looked like I was 50 years old in high school (slight exaggeration, but not much of one) and I still dress similarly (although I have learned to mix and match like a normal person), so pictures of me in high school could stand in for me today.

....did you have the ones with the different-colored back pockets? Jean bib-overalls were pretty popular too....

I had a pair of Peter Max jeans. They were brown, with an orange band, yellow pockets, etc etc. How cool was I? :rotfl2:AND I had a pair of hip-huggers that were the American flag. The legs were the red and white stripes, and the bells were blue with the stars. The boys in class used to salute me during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Class of '02.. lots of Gap, A&F, and Express. I basically lived in jeans, t-shirts, cardigans, and cable knit sweaters, so preppy I suppose. For my senior pictures I wore a pink button down shirt and jeans. We were the last graduating class allowed to wear what we wanted as the district switched to uniforms for the 02-03 school year.

I had a pair of Peter Max jeans. They were brown, with an orange band, yellow pockets, etc etc. How cool was I? :rotfl2:AND I had a pair of hip-huggers that were the American flag. The legs were the red and white stripes, and the bells were blue with the stars. The boys in class used to salute me during the Pledge of Allegiance.
:rotfl:

70's kid here, polyester, bells bottoms, tube tops. A lot of us wore plaid, flag related on the clothes . Dittos were all the rage. In pe we were made to wear all white. Feathered hair. Now I had good hair for that.

Class of 1970. We couldn't wear pants, so lots of sheath dresses, mini-skirts and sweaters. It was the age of long, straight hair and pale lipstick...the mod look. I was an over achiever. Worked very hard. Member of the choir, drama club, German club, National Honor Society. Art was my favorite class. This is my graduation photo.

Grad Photo.jpg

I'm right behind Dan Murphy as the oldie-but-goodie on this board. Maybe the oldest female, class of 1965. What we wore was pretty much determined by what clique we were in. The Collegiates word chinos, Oxford shirts with button-down collars (guys), blouses with Peter Pan collars and straight skirts (girls). Both guys and gals wore argyle sweater vests. The Commercials (me) wore clothes that made us look like we were going to a job interview right after school -- and many of us were! A straight or A-line skirt with a close-to-matching blazer or if we were lucky, we had a real suit. White or pastel colored blouse with a huge bow at the throat or a short-sleeved shell worn with pearls. Always wore stockings (rejoiced when pantyhose came on the scene!) and ballet flats if we didn't have an after-school job interview and kitten heels if we did. We called them French heels. The Vocationals dressed like they were enroute to or from a machine shop (they usually were), and the Generals dressed either in the 1965 version of Goth or so non-descriptively that they were lost in the shuffle.

Guys still had short hair back then, and girls wore theirs long with a side part. (See the beautiful Feralpeg above.) I was one of the brazen few to dye her hair back then; I've been a redhead since I was 15 years old.

For our senior pictures, the guys wore suits and the girls wore short-sleeved sweaters with pearls. A few of my friends didn't even own a shot-sleeved sweater, much less pearls, so my sweater and pearls are in the yearbook at least six times. (Mine were hand-me-downs from my sister, class of 1961.) I haven't a clue where my graduation photo is, and I wouldn't display it even if I did know.

Queen Colleen

Class of 2004...So not too far in the past.
Lots of Billabong, Volcom, Roxy, Converse, Flip-Flops... Pretty sure my parents should have taken up stock in Pac Sun.

2012. I pretty much just wore v-necks, skinny jeans, hoodies and flip flops the whole time I was in high school.

......meh. I had the 'bowl'/paige-boy haircut and everyone said I looked like Carol Burnett.....:crazy:

another-video-skit-from-the-caro-299x150.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Class of 1987 here! Big hair oh yes, pegged pants, lots of Polo clothing. Gotta love the blonde hair, it sends my kids into fits of laughter at how weird their mother looked. Hey I wanted to be blonde, and it was fun for a while.IMG_20150225_191147~2~2~2~2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter