What was YOUR most EXPENSIVE DDP meal.

!@#$%

Make the best of everything and stop your whining!
I'd just like to know who has the best story. What is the MOST EXPENSIVE DDP meal you had?
Not the best, or the best entertainment; price only.

If memory serves me correctly our bill at California Grill last year was almost $300 for 3 people. Can anyone beat that? If so, where and what did you get?

I would also like to point out that while this meal was the most expensive, cheap little Flametree was actually my favorite. Im not out to get what I can from Disney, I'm just curious as to what I could if I were! I plan to hit some cheaper/faster spots this year for convenience sake.
Im only interested in price for this thread though.

No, I can't beat that, but our most expensive meal last year was $205 at Le Cellier for 2 adults and two teens(adults on the DP). We would NEVER spend that much ourselves. I love the DP!!!

This is what's wrong with the dining plan. Guests competing based on dollar value of the food.

You didn't do very well in the "competition". CG is a signature restaurants so your meal was worth around $50 /TS credit. Le Cellier, Chefs De Paris and many other restaurants will give you more than $50.

Lewisc said:
This is what's wrong with the dining plan. Guests competing based on dollar value of the food.

You didn't do very well in the "competition". CG is a signature restaurants so your meal was worth around $50 /TS credit. Le Cellier, Chefs De Paris and many other restaurants will give you more than $50.

Reading the OP's post I saw that it wasn't about competing...I took it is merely curiousity. I like to see what kind of value people have gotten out of the Dining Plan.

To the OP, we didn't get any real expensive dinners...We had 4 (2 A 2 C) of us and had a tie between Libert Tree Tavern and Le Cellier, both bills came to $140.....We all drink water, so I think that shortens a bit, and we got what we liked, even if it was cheapest on a menu...In the end the DDP still saved us a few hundred $$'s. :cool1:

Back when it was Magical Wishes, the best deal we got was $260 for two people at Coral Reef. Back then though, they served lobster, and specialty drinks were included in the plan as well. They've since changed the menu and the plan, so I know this is no longer possible.

And before anyone says this is what is "wrong" with the plan and sits on a stick on their high horses, we asked the waiter for his recommendation based on the chef's specialties (as we always do at seafood restaurants anywhere) and this was the meal he came up with.

My most expensive (and worst) meal on DDP last yr was Teppenyaki it was $130, for me and my DS11 and DD8. Now I know thats not gonna beat anyones bill out there but I was in shock and so happy we had the plan. We didnt even order anything special. This yr we will be going to Coral Reef so it will probably beat the Teppenyaki bill.
On another note it seems to be the same ppl who keep putting down the DDP as well as stirring trouble. Why they keep coming to the DDP forum when they obviously cant stand DDP, I have no idea :confused3
I say we treat them as you would a spoiled child. Ignore them. :teeth:

To OP we know you werent trying to start a competition its something everyone who has had the DDP has wondered at one time or another..

I just got back from 10 days on the dining plan. Loved it.
I didn't keep track (I wish I had) but I believe our most $$$ was Captain Jack's. $186 for 2A and 2C.
My sister and I both had the twin lobster tails and shrimp cocktails. Our server also encouraged us to order extra app. from the adult menu when we told him the kids didn't want app. Also he let my daughter have a smoothie as a drink.

While this was a lot of expensive food and it was wonderful, we were not just trying to "max out" the plan. Another day we used our TS credits for Crystal Palace Breakfast. Not the most $$$ meal.

Mostly it was nice not having a big dining bill at the end of the trip and it was sooo easy.

On another note it seems to be the same ppl who keep putting down the DDP as well as stirring trouble. Why they keep coming to the DDP forum when they obviously cant stand DDP, I have no idea
I say we treat them as you would a spoiled child. Ignore them.

To OP we know you werent trying to start a competition its something everyone who has had the DDP has wondered at one time or another..

:teeth: :rotfl: :rotfl: :goodvibes
VERY WELL SAID!
No competition here. Only curiousity.

I'm booking for UNUSUAL and ODD food, and for conveinience too, but NOT for price. Thats why I'm NOT booking Le cellier this year. I did it, I only do each place once. My goal on the DDP is to do all Disney restaurants once, not just the most expensive ones. I spent too much time in restaurants last year. I'm a commando style. I like to be on Everest or Tower of Terror... and on a full stomach....Thats not good. :teeth:

We are a family of four all considered adults. We just returned from a 14 day vacation, 9 on the DDP. We did no signature restaurants this vacation but did try out places we have never had the time to try before. It was kind of a nice mix between places we were sure of and new things that we had never had time to try before. Our least expensive meal was at Crystal Palace for dinner about $139.00. Our most expensive was at Spoodles for about $261.00. Our least expensive CS was about $10.00 at Lotus Blossom and and our most expensive was about $15.00 at Peppermarket. I chose the DDP, not to see how much money I could spend on meals above what I paid, but to not have to think about any of the spending at all. Knowing it is all set is such a relief, and the plan fits the way we eat on vacation--breakfast in the villa, lunch at a CS wherever we are that day and dinner with desserts and apps. It is also a welcome relief to have the kids carry their credits with them on their room keys so that they can stop and lunch when and where they want to as well as for snacks. With kids 10 and 14 they don't want to ask for a drink they just want to get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter