• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your first resort?

Caribbean Beach Resort 1993. I did go back one more time in 2001, but not since then. It’s a fine resort, but my new Favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. I’ve been staying at POR every year since 2002.

Contemporary Resort, Garden Wing in 1983. I was young, had all my hair, and was skinny.

I've been back to the Contemporary many times, but that was my only time in the Garden Wing.

Our first resort stay was at BLT. We all enjoyed it a lot, especially the nightly view of the Electrical Water Pageant (we're those weirdos) and the walk to MK, but haven't felt moved to go back since. If I found a good deal on rented points, though, I wouldn't be mad about it.

My first few trips (as a baby) we stayed at the Disney Institute Villas...does anyone remember those? I only have pictures to go off of but I seem to remember being told it was where SSR is now?

Yup, we stayed there in 2000 in a two bedroom villa. It was two floors and I think two units in the building. Everything but the treehouse villas was torn down to build Saratoga.

The Grosvenor... ah, those were the days, back when the only onsite resorts were the MK ones. Oh, you wanted inside the Disney bubble, the first one we stayed at was Port Orleans.

Polynesian, when I was a kid (6!!). My darn parents had me hooked! As an adult, I stayed off property a bunch of times, but as our family grew and we settled into our careers, we started doing deluxe again and love every second of it. YC is my new favorite. As I got older, I wanted something a bit quieter/calmer. My family still votes Poly though. I guess Ill deal with it :rolleyes: !!

CSR, 2006. It was a beautiful time before they monetized every single thing they could. We stayed in Cabanas 9b, which I think you now pay more to stay in.

POFQ was our first on-site stay - did a cheap trip and stayed at some place in Kissamee prior to that. LOVED POFQ, but most memorable part of the trip was the downpour that started while we were in DAK for our last 1/2 day before catching DME for our flight home. We ran to the bus, drenched, then had to wring out our clothes when we got to POFQ, but we were already checked out so didn't have a room to go back to to dry out. We have since stayed at POR, AoA, and CBR. Only place we will NOT go back to is CBR - just hated the bus situation there.

Honestly loved our first trip with the stay in Kissamee too. We went during a really uncrowded time which helped a lot. We were young, no kids, just graduated college - just a great period of our lives. I envy young couples I see now who are in a similar stage in life. ENJOY - it goes fast!

My first was the Caribbean Beach, pre recent resort remodel. I loved it, but it was my first time at Disney so it was all new to me. We have not stayed there again. In 2021 we are staying moderate but probably POR.

Like a couple of previous posters, on our first trip to Disney World we stayed at the Disney Institute. We got a bungalow, it was perfect size for (four of) us then, and since we had no clue where the parks were can still remember the excitement of Downtown Disney being so close!! Oh, and how (too) much our daughters loved Pleasure Island! hah!
Wow, a long time ago..but so many good memories.
:goodvibes

Last edited:
For our first family trip in 2013, we stayed at Caribbean Beach. It was nice, but bus transportation was slow and everything (pool, dining, etc.) seemed far away. Since then, we have stayed at POFQ where dining, pool, and atmosphere is more to our liking. Bus transport seems better, too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter