What was your best vacation in the U.S. ....

When I was younger, my parents packed up our camping trailer and took us on a tour of National Parks. We saw *lots* of parks -- everything from the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, the Rockies, etc. Some days were a lot of driving (one day we drove 21 hours) with not much to do, but some days were amazing. I think we were gone for 2-1/2 weeks.

One day after a hot morning of hiking and sightseeing in Zion National Park, my dad let us stop for milk shakes (that was a treat!). And our campsite there had a creek running next to it and my sister and I got to play in the creek. And nobody was particularly hungry for dinner (which my mom usually cooked in the camper), so we made Jiffy Pop popcorn over the campfire. It was *the best* afternoon. My sister and I still talk about it 30+ years later. "Remember that time we got to have milkshakes and popcorn for dinner!?!"

I'm taking my own kids/husband out there this summer. None of them have ever been west of St. Louis. We're not camping (we're flying out an hoteling it -- my husband is not a 'roughing it' kind of guy) but hopefully we'll be able to make some great memories anyhow. I'm excited.
That sounds AMAZING!!!!

Man, I have loved all my vacations - beauty in each destination. My favorite is usually my most recent, which holds true right now.

Last month we spent 4 nights in Cocoa Beach. Oceanfront. Great hotel, mini golfing, Ron Jon's, restaurants on the water, watching the cruise ships, etc. it was just PERFECT.

Sioux Falls, SD follows closely...it was just peaceful. Lots to do, beautiful area of the country, cheap, and we had a ton of fun.

Grand Canyon, Sedona, and Page AZ.

Also Hawaii, but that was pre-kids.

Our recent trip to San Antonio was also great but I think that was partially just because for once our 3 kids actually got along.

Also love Hilton Head. Too hard to decide on just one place!

Outer Banks was an awesome vacation with my husband. It is so pretty there and so much to do.
With my parents a fall tour of the East Coast. We did Virginia up to the bottom part of main in about 2 weeks.

1977 family road trip - 6 weeks, 7,500 miles in a 2-door Galaxy 500, slept all but 8 nights in our popup. Got to see a BIG chunk of everything West of the Mississippi River - hit every one of those states save for AR, LA, WA, MN, and ND.

I have two
1) Before I was married my mom & I did a weekend at the Fairmont in San Francisco.

2) After marriage (and kids) a driving trip from CA to Quad Cities with a 2 & 3 year old.

I love our NYC trips, the shows, the restaurants, just walking through the city and seeing something amazing on almost every block.
Being Floridians, I like to go in January for our anniversary and see some snow.

I was in Sanibel last week and really enjoyed it. Hopefully I can return in the future.

We've been many times through the years. We're already plotting summer 2017 when our middle child graduates college. He loves it there more than any of us. I'll tolerate it, but only for him. ;)

Glad you enjoyed it! I hope you brought home some treasures from the sea.

Our family trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons was the best so far. It's spread out, but so much to see. Have to get back there someday.

Loved it there!
My favorite was last summer when me and my daughter did a 10,000+ mile road trip around the US- across the top to Washington, then down through California, Vegas, AZ, New Mexico, Texas, then up through TN and West Virginia- was awesome! I always would go to Disney for vacation but after seeing everything else that is out there I think Disney is put on the WAY back burner for years now!

Every one has been my favorite, but my REAL favorite would be a tie between Las Vegas and Hawaii, for quite different reasons, of course.

California for a week and a half.

4 nights in Anaheim (2 Disneyland days and one Hollywood/Santa Monica/etc. day)
2 days traveling up the coast on Highway 1 and staying half way
4 nights in the San Francisco area with a day trips to Sonoma/Napa, San Francisco city, San Jose, and Cupertino (had to check out Apple HQ for the hubs).

I would also love to live in CA if the cost of living weren't so high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter