What was your best vacation in the U.S. ....

Tikitoi

DIS Veteran
besides Walt Disney World, Disneyland even a Disney Cruise just anything Disney related? So this certainly could be family vacations, solo vacations or something like quick weekend getaways.

For us it was a road trip to Chicago. Driving from Upstate N.Y. to Chicago was a long drive but it was fun. I hadn't done a road trip since I was a kid and it was nice reliving it with family. Without turning this into a trip report, once in Chicago we did all the touristy things and it was nice that we were during the Taste of Chicago " festival and got to see Navy Pier.

So what was your favorite U.S. vacation?

Probably Universal Orlando. We did do a "gay tour" of southern New England once (Boston, Providence, Hartford) and had a blast.

Hawaii hands down. So relaxing and yet lots to do.

And we didn't go to Aulanai so not Disney related.

I went to Hawaii with my parents when I was in high school, it was gorgeous there, I'd love to go with my DH someday.

For family vacations we've taken, I'd say we all really loved Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. The Smoky Mountains are beautiful and there's no shortage of things to do that are either on the touristy side, or that are out away from the crowds in nature.

California. We started in San Diego and ended in Yosemite. Loved that trip and California. I would like to move to southern California if it didn't have a) high costs b) earthquakes c) drought.

Black Hills, hands down. So much stuff to do, most of which is free or low cost. Absolutely gorgeous. Fresh air. Ahhhhh. We stay at the Hisega Lodge which is as close to perfect as you will ever find, IMO. So quiet. Rustic (but nicely outfitted) rooms. The best breakfast I've ever had anywhere, bar none. Centrally located but no traffic. Babbling creek to lull you to sleep. Wah! I want to go again.

When I was younger, my parents packed up our camping trailer and took us on a tour of National Parks. We saw *lots* of parks -- everything from the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, the Rockies, etc. Some days were a lot of driving (one day we drove 21 hours) with not much to do, but some days were amazing. I think we were gone for 2-1/2 weeks.

One day after a hot morning of hiking and sightseeing in Zion National Park, my dad let us stop for milk shakes (that was a treat!). And our campsite there had a creek running next to it and my sister and I got to play in the creek. And nobody was particularly hungry for dinner (which my mom usually cooked in the camper), so we made Jiffy Pop popcorn over the campfire. It was *the best* afternoon. My sister and I still talk about it 30+ years later. "Remember that time we got to have milkshakes and popcorn for dinner!?!"

I'm taking my own kids/husband out there this summer. None of them have ever been west of St. Louis. We're not camping (we're flying out an hoteling it -- my husband is not a 'roughing it' kind of guy) but hopefully we'll be able to make some great memories anyhow. I'm excited.

The non-Disney Florida trip I just returned from. Sea World, and SW Florida: Naples, Marco Island, Sanibel.

It's hard to choose one, but our most memorable trip was probably the trip we spent three nights in San Francisco, followed by ten nights cruising Alaska's inside passage, then ended with three nights in Vancouver. I know I'm kind of cheating, because Vancouver isn't in the US, but that was probably our most memorable trip ever, including WDW. If this doesn't count, I can post an all US trip. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter