• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was in your childhood diet that isn't in your current diet?

Scrambled eggs. We had a period where that was all we had-a five dozen container of eggs and some little things. We had scrambled eggs for breakfast, scrambled eggs with some cheese on top for lunch, and scrambled eggs with a cut up hot dog in it for dinner. After that period was over I swore I'd never eat another scrambled egg as long as I lived, and it's been more than four decades since I have.

My childhood diet was a bunch of sugar and over processed foods from the 80s. My adult diet has ingredients I can pronounce.

Yup. A jar of bacon grease drippings in the fridge, that everything was cooked in.
I still have that; carefully strained off bacon that's been cooked to perfection. It's my secret weapon. I use it more as a seasoning; like fine olive oil or finishing salt. People think the special touch in my food is love. Nope - bacon grease! :thumbsup2

In my very early childhood we ate meat, we continued with fish throughout my early years of school but I’ve now been vegetarian for about 25 years and that will never change.

Homemade bread. My DMom made practically everything we ate, including all the baked goods. I can't raise dough to save my life and since really good bread is not expensive or hard to come by, I've not put in the effort to perfect the technique.

Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies and Nutty bars.
SpaghettiOs
Raisin Bran, Honeycombs

Chef Boyardee Ravioli and Spaghettios
Hot dogs and bologna - always on white bread. My mom never bought hot dog buns for the hot dogs!
TV dinners
Rice-a-Roni
Cream of Wheat - the chocolate one

My breakfast for years was Carnation Instant Breakfast as I would never eat a regular breakfast.
This was my first thought when I saw the thread. LOVED CIB, though I will say I think I drank it more as an after-school snack. Loved all the different flavors too.

Leg of Lamb My mom used to make this a lot

Sirloin steak another thing she made often

liver & onions yuk

Vegetables fresh from grandma's garden, freshly-butchered pork and chicken, clean water from a spring, fruit directly from the orchards. I miss all of that so much. The produce and meat in today's grocery stores is so nasty.

Vegetables fresh from grandma's garden, freshly-butchered pork and chicken, clean water from a spring, fruit directly from the orchards. I miss all of that so much. The produce and meat in today's grocery stores is so nasty.
We still eat that way for the most part, it’s doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter