What was Disney thinking??!?!?!?

"Yeah, had a *****, but she ain't bad as you
So hit me up when you passing through
I'll give you something big enough to tear your *** in two"
When is it ever ok for children to hear this? And at Disney?!?! Really!????

"I know you want it, I know you want it, I know you want it"
What about when a girl doesnt want it? What message are we sending our children?!?!?!

It makes me inexpressibly sad that we as a society have come to accept this as parents...

I dont like saggy pants, in fact I.loath the style.. but its their right to dress the way they want. No more offensive than the madonna thing I guess.. but im not on a tyrade about it im not going to make them stop just because I personally do not like it..

Actually if you want to use that comparison there are places where there is a dress code, and saggy pants wouldn't be allowed because they are not appropriate. A song with the lyric:

"Let me be the one you back that *** into
Yo, from Malibu, to Paribu
Yeah, had a *****, but she ain't bad as you

doesn't really seem appropriate for a family friendly theme park, does it? (Lord help us if you think it is).
I'm not offended by the lyrics, I just think its trashy and isnt appropriate for certain places. A club filled with young adults, sure. A theme park filled with kids, not so much. Its about having standards, some of have them, and obviously some of us dont.

luvmy3 said:
Actually if you want to use that comparison there are places where there is a dress code, and saggy pants wouldn't be allowed because they are not appropriate. A song with the lyric:

"Let me be the one you back that *** into
Yo, from Malibu, to Paribu
Yeah, had a *****, but she ain't bad as you

doesn't really seem appropriate for a family friendly theme park, does it?
I'm not offended by the lyrics, I just think its trashy and isnt appropriate for certain places. A club filled with young adults, sure. A theme park filled with kids, not so much. Its about having standards, some of have them, and obviously some of us dont.

Thats the uncensored version, op says it was radio edit

I cannot possibly believe that they had a song playing in the parks with actual bad language in it. I truly, highly doubt that. Maybe it was the edited version of the song, but the innuendo the OP posted was still offensive to him/her. But I'm going to say that they absolutely did not put up a song that had the "B" word, the "A" word or any other word they wouldn't have on Radio Disney.

OK, so the " I want to get nasty, grab up on you. I know you want it, I know you want it, I know you want it" is not explicit enough to be problematic in regards to exposing young children to this words, ideas, thoughts? I still have a problem with it, even if 99.9% of other people do not.

Most radio edits just blank out the "curse words". How hard is it to fill in the blanks???

I cannot possibly believe that they had a song playing in the parks with actual bad language in it. I truly, highly doubt that. Maybe it was the edited version of the song, but the innuendo the OP posted was still offensive to him/her. But I'm going to say that they absolutely did not put up a song that had the "B" word, the "A" word or any other word they wouldn't have on Radio Disney.

From what the OP said, you are correct.
OP said, they did not edit from radio version to something more child friendly. Radio version IS edited down to be compliant to pretty strict regulations.

"Yeah, had a *****, but she ain't bad as you
When is it ever ok for children to hear this? And at Disney?!?! Really!????

"I know you want it, I know you want it, I know you want it"
What about when a girl doesnt want it? What message are we sending our children?!?!?!

It makes me inexpressibly sad that we as a society have come to accept this as parents...

Don't worry. Not all parents accept this as ok. I sure don't. I've never heard this song before and I assure you, my kids won't either. What garbage!

It is perfectly ok to expect our children to remain innocent for as long as possible and trash like that has NO business in a Disney park or anywhere else children are present.

As parents, it is our duty to protect our children and their innocence. We need to be mindful of what little ears hear and little eyes see. Disney should be helping in that, not making it harder.

I realize that the area of music can be a gray one. This song is clearly over the line but some parents might find Taylor Swift to be offensive. To be safe, perhaps Disney should stick to Disney songs. Like from their animated movies, not from their trashy teen shows.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thats the uncensored version, op says it was radio edit

But even in the radio edit, it's just pauses where the explicit language had been.

I think my buggiest issue is just knowing their intentions when writing the song- having the "a word" or "b word" bleeped out doesn't get rid of the fact that the song is talking about having something tear your .... in two. And again, I don't think that exposing a bunch of kids to that beyond a parent's control is appropriate for a family-friendly park.

" Jacki's in the elevatorLingerie second floorShe said 'can I see you laterAnd love you just a little more?'I kinda hope we get stucknobody gets out aliveShe said I'll show ya how to fax in the mailroom honey*and have you home by five"
Love in an elevator rock and roller coaster

OK, so the " I want to get nasty, grab up on you. I know you want it, I know you want it, I know you want it" is not explicit enough to be problematic in regards to exposing young children to this words, ideas, thoughts? I still have a problem with it, even if 99.9% of other people do not.
You can have a problem with it. I wouldn't be surprised when you are in the minority though.

As to thoughts on my 5 yo DGD hearing that line, she would not take it the same way you and I do, of that I am positive. I see no problem with her hearing it.

Most radio edits just blank out the "curse words". How hard is it to fill in the blanks???

To a typical Disney Jr. watcher, pretty impossible.

Don't worry. Not all parents accept this as ok. I sure don't. I've never heard this song before and I assure you, my kids won't either. What garbage!

It is perfectly ok to expect our children to remain innocent for as long as possible and trash like that has NO business in a Disney park or anywhere else children are present.

As parents, it is our duty to protect our children and their innocence. We need to be mindful of what little ears hear and little eyes see. Disney should be helping in that, not making it harder.

I realize that the area of music can be a gray one. This song is clearly over the line but some parents might find Taylor Swift to be offensive. To be safe, perhaps Disney should stick to Disney songs. Like from their animated movies, not from their trashy teen shows.

I doubt Disney thinks they air "trashy teen shows"

And just to point out, there are those out there that think their animated movies are trashy too. The only way they can offend no one is to never play anything out loud.

I doubt Disney thinks they air "trashy teen shows"

And just to point out, there are those out there that think their animated movies are trashy too. The only way they can offend no one is to never play anything out loud.

Disney owns ABC Family. Yes, they air some trash. Certainly not family friendly material.

And one would assume that if a super conservative family is vacationing at DISNEY, that said family has seen a Disney animated film or two and likely approves or else they'd vacation elsewhere.

I'd be willing to bet that the soundtracks from the animated films wouldn't offend anyone paying money to see characters from said films or ride rides based on said films.

Point is not what Selena Gomez sings, but wether or not it should be on radio Disney.

" Now I've seen her perform that live on an awards show and the "It" she's referring to is what we adults think it is. Not appropriate for a star idolized by young girls."

That's what the OP said. So, as I said.. Selena won't sing disney songs forever.

" Jacki's in the elevatorLingerie second floorShe said 'can I see you laterAnd love you just a little more?'I kinda hope we get stucknobody gets out aliveShe said I'll show ya how to fax in the mailroom honey*and have you home by five"
Love in an elevator rock and roller coaster

You are really going to compare the two? You think the lyrics "I am going to give you something big enough to tear your *** in two" is the same level of explicity as the lyrics you quoted above?

I listened to radio "edit" by the way. The radio version has the same exact lyrics except they say, " I will give you something big enough to rip your pants in two". How much better is this?

You can have a problem with it. I wouldn't be surprised when you are in the minority though.

As to thoughts on my 5 yo DGD hearing that line, she would not take it the same way you and I do, of that I am positive. I see no problem with her hearing it.

To a typical Disney Jr. watcher, pretty impossible.

I would not be surprised me at all by the fact that I am in the minority. And that saddens me as much as anything else...

ginnygi said:
I would not be surprised me at all by the fact that I am in the minority. And that saddens me as much as anything else...

What saddens me is that you think everyone must conform to your opinion.. dont like the song dont listen, dont want your kids to hear it in the park? Briskly walk out the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter