What type of housing would you not want to live in?

I would NOT want to live in Celebration, or anywhere close to WDW. I don't care what anyone says, for me it would ruin the magic of making a special trip there.

Don't want to share a wall or floor/ceiling with anyone.

Don't want to be more than 10 minutes from stores (grocery, Target, etc.).

Don't want afternoon sun in the back of the house.

Don't want anything larger than we have now (4 beds, 2.5 baths).

Don't want to live without central air conditioning.

Don't want to live without a gas stove (for cooking).

Don't want to see my neighbors when they are in their yard (i.e. lots of trees for privacy, etc.).

Nah. This family is all awake and seemingly working. I can see into their living area because they also leave all their curtains/blinds open. I suppose they are nocturnal.
This would be my house. I am the only one that lives here that actually sleeps at night. My dh works nights and my three kids (two young adults and one teen) all stay up all night and sleep all day. That will change for the younger two who will be back to school this week :)

Any kind of single family detached dwelling works for me. Anything that shares a wall with a neighbor does not. The more space between me and the next house the better.

I couldn’t live in a tiny house. They’re trendy and cute for a vacation stay, but I like hosting family and friends(when we aren’t in a pandemic) too much to live in a tiny house.

An apartment or any place that shares walls with other people.
No urban areas either

I've lived in many different kinds of housing-- college dorm, shared apartment, studio apartment, duplex, single-family home, different styles of architecture, large house, small house, two story, one story, open floor plan, closed floor plan, large building lot, tiny building lot, urban setting, suburban setting, rural setting, pool or no pool-- I liked them all for different reasons, and they all had their drawbacks. I think with good neighbors any type of living situation can be enjoyable and I've been extremely lucky with my neighbors.

Anywhere with a HOA.

I’ve lived in the city I now live at the beach wouldn’t trade it for the world

1) Any housing where your home is attached to another home or has less 15 feet from the next closest home.
2) Any housing in a downtown or midtown area, near bars and restaurants. I like the quiet suburbs

Heh, you would have hated my old neighborhood. I lived in the middle of a rowhouse street with a bar on one corner and a loud auto repair shop on the other. I live in a quiet suburb now and I haaaaaaaaate it.

Heh, you would have hated my old neighborhood. I lived in the middle of a rowhouse street with a bar on one corner and a loud auto repair shop on the other. I live in a quiet suburb now and I haaaaaaaaate it.
Well you can always move back. I just need a sanctuary to get away. I can be at the bar seen in a few minutes. But if I live there, there is no escape

Anything rural. I need livelihood. I was raised in the city and live in the burbs but it’s busy here. I actually live on probably the busiest street in my town and I love it. I get the small town feel with a feel of “city” life. I’m only 10 minutes from my old neighborhood. I have two malls within minutes of me, a target within a mile, two Walmart’s within minutes and major hospitals everywhere. I need activity, people and things nearby.

No place rural, I grew up in a rural area and couldn't wait to leave. Also no mobile homes, I lived in several as a military spouse and terror during storms made me say never again!

California is moving towards totally banning natural gas in new construction in a move away from fossil fuels. And then there is the whole safety issue.
https://www.realclearenergy.org/art...orsen_californias_poverty_problem_501330.html
My husband worked on 2 of the last planned natural gas power plants in CA last year (the power from those 2 power plants only meant for the LA area). CA has issues with getting power to people though so who knows for the future.

My husband worked on 2 of the last planned natural gas power plants in CA last year (the power from those 2 power plants only meant for the LA area). CA has issues with getting power to people though so who knows for the future.
We're heavy into hydro and solar in Northern California. Of course as we are experiencing now, hot weather increases demand, and smoke from wildfires cuts solar production. So the private power providers are now cutting power. Unfortunately for natural gas, the safety issues may be the final nail in the coffin for residential natural gas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter