What type of bag do you all use for the parks?

Zacksmom

Earning My Ears
Trying to find a bag/backpack that is lightweight and functional for lugging all of our stuff through the parks each day. Something with a small insulated compartment would be even better. Any recommendations?

We travel really light - a diaper clutch that attaches to the stroller, and a clear 12x12 stadium bag for everything else. We get through security so much faster that way.

That will depend on what you're bringing and how big it is. We don't travel light. Since we don't eat WDW food, we pack all of our own. So that means packing a full lunch or dinner for a family of 5, drinks included. Add in snacks, sunscreen, ponchos, autograph books for the kids, etc...and it's a lot of stuff. We have a very large soft sided cooler. It's basically the size of a regular hard sided cooler. That carries all of our food. We also have a large bag (not sure how else to describe it), it's canvas and about the size of two plastic grocery bags. We put it all in/on an umbrella stroller, so it's incredibly easy to tote around. Only "pain" is getting on/off the tram.

Myself and my 2 girls have a baggalini crossover style-each is different. My son used a cinch sac for his water and phone, my DH used this super thin and lightweight back pack I got from marshalls years ago.

I did see LL bean has a light weight one too. I may buy that for my son if the cinch sack is too uncomfortable.

We have the older version of the Stowaway pack and while it it very light, ours didn't have a lot of padding in the back, so I felt all sorts of corners digging into my back depending on what I had stuffed in there.

Last trip I used the Patagonia Violeta backpack. Worked great. Just the right size for my emergency pack of meds, autographs items, extra clothes and the most important... snacks!

Good luck!

I have a baggalini messenger bag. I love it! It holds a ton but I hardly notice I have it on.

Last year I just used my purse and put extra stuff in the stroller basket. But we didn't have to deal with folding up the stroller. This year I am just putting everything in a backpack in the stroller and then I'll also have my purse. It's actually a camelback backpack but I've never used the water part of it. I'm too cheap to buy a different one.

It really depends on what you are bringing and for how many people and how much stuff you'll need. We only need the backpack because we'll have a 2 year old and need to bring diapers, wipes, extra clothes, etc.

Disney Vera Bradley Hipster holds everthing we need. Sometimes I use a small Vera Bradley backpack that my DH doesn't mind carrying

I go back and forth on this topic as I am sure many do, depending on the day, the 'mission' and how long we are going to be out dictates the bag... of course the weather too.

My new bag for our upcoming trip will be the following:

772130_IBEX30_01wg_wm__64962.1402964978.1280.1280.jpg

It's an awesome bag, maybe a little overkill! lol but i will be using it every day for my med kit and tool's when not at Disney so its not simply for our Disney trip. I have a number of Vanquest products for other things and they are indestructible! This particular bag allows me to carry a couple of hydration bladders if need be, one for the kids and one for the adults. I don't use the waist band straps, so these remove easily. The access to the top of the bag is excellent given it is wider at the top than it is at the bottom. I have a color coded luggage packing cube / bag in there for each kid. A change of basic clothes just in case any mishaps, a cube with poncho's / rain coats. And any / all meds we need for the day along with a basic medical kit... minus scissors and other 'tools' that are prohibited. I'll have a power pack in there for the fan's / camera / cell phones as well as a couple of walkie talkies. This has carry handles on both sides as well as the top so when not in use it hangs off the back of the stroller from carabiners. The additional room allows me to stuff anything the kids buy, stuffed animals, toys, popcorn buckets etc.. so we can fold up the stroller if we are in a pinch.

I use this if we are gone for a long day and allows us to refresh the kids and cover all eventualities should we not get back to the room or want to extend our stay in the parks etc.. For short stays and quick trips I will use a draw string 'sports style' bag over both shoulders..

scba3237-067-f-500-01.1954.jpg

This allows me to have a small power pack, some snacks, small first aid kid, cooling towel and a rain poncho and travel 'light'. Much less 'sweaty' than the bigger back pack but also a little less functional or adaptable when commuting with 3 kids! But each to their own. I'm on the side of 'have way more than you need and not use it' than 'not having enough and wanting it'.. lol

We go bag-free. Once you give up the bag, you never go back...
My hubby and I are going to try to go bag-free at Epcot in a few weeks. I think it will feel extremely liberating. We feel like we still need the bag for MK. (We plan on toting around a l'il sidewalk cover for sitting on the ground for Wishes/parade if necessary, and flip-flops for water rides. Wet socks/tennis shoes from POTC last trip weren't so comfy, and this trip we plan on riding Splash Mountain, which I assume will be even wetter). So, if you bring in a phone and battery charger in your pocket, you can go through no-bag-check security? How does that work?

My hubby and I are going to try to go bag-free at Epcot in a few weeks. I think it will feel extremely liberating. We feel like we still need the bag for MK. (We plan on toting around a l'il sidewalk cover for sitting on the ground for Wishes/parade if necessary, and flip-flops for water rides. Wet socks/tennis shoes from POTC last trip weren't so comfy, and this trip we plan on riding Splash Mountain, which I assume will be even wetter). So, if you bring in a phone and battery charger in your pocket, you can go through no-bag-check security? How does that work?

Sorry to hijack here, but is it normal to get wet on POTC? I haven't been to Disney since '09, but don't remember getting wet. If so, I may have to bring extra shoes for our group as well.

Sorry to hijack here, but is it normal to get wet on POTC? I haven't been to Disney since '09, but don't remember getting wet. If so, I may have to bring extra shoes for our group as well.
I was shocked that we got so wet. We were in the front of the boat and our legs/feet got absolutely doused after the first drop. That doesn't happen on Disneyland's version and that was my only reference, so I was pretty surprised! My poor little son had his his cell phone in his front pocket which also got wet, so he freaked out mid-ride. All ended up being ok, so no harm done except unexpected wet shoes/pants/socks. After the ride, we got a place for the FoF parade, and I went on a sock run at the closest gift shop and we did a family sock change while waiting for the parade. I've read the back of the boat is dryer than the front. I think I've also read the wetness factor is new on this ride and started after the last refurb, though I'm not sure how accurate that info is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter