What to Drink That Isn't SUGAR?

TigerlilyAJ

DIS Veteran
I read the entire long post by Disney Tourist Blog about the upcoming Pixar Fest foods and did the same for Season of the Force. The drink options that are not beer seem pretty heavy on the sugar. Like, sweet will be the main tasting note and my teeth will be coated in biofilm when I'm done.

Water, diet Coke, black coffee, black tea, and I guess I'll include beer. Are these the only drinks that aren't sugar first? I love dessert, but don't love sweet drinks and my spouse is diabetic. Are there any fun drinks that are sugar-free? Even a SF lemonade somewhere? (Some drinks do have SF lemonade as a base, but then add sweet syrups and flavors.) SF dessert options I've missed also appreciated.

I mean, I suppose I'll save money by feeling no urge to buy $8 slushies for us (but will have to weather requests from the kids for sure), but one indulgent option might be nice.

I read the entire long post by Disney Tourist Blog about the upcoming Pixar Fest foods and did the same for Season of the Force. The drink options that are not beer seem pretty heavy on the sugar. Like, sweet will be the main tasting note and my teeth will be coated in biofilm when I'm done.

Water, diet Coke, black coffee, black tea, and I guess I'll include beer. Are these the only drinks that aren't sugar first? I love dessert, but don't love sweet drinks and my spouse is diabetic. Are there any fun drinks that are sugar-free? Even a SF lemonade somewhere? (Some drinks do have SF lemonade as a base, but then add sweet syrups and flavors.) SF dessert options I've missed also appreciated.

I mean, I suppose I'll save money by feeling no urge to buy $8 slushies for us (but will have to weather requests from the kids for sure), but one indulgent option might be nice.
I don't drink sugary drinks and I pretty much just have water at the parks. Maybe there's unsweetened iced tea somewhere?

Based on my experience here are a few options off the top of my head.
  • You can order Lemonade Zero at Cafe Daisy.
  • There are sugar free candy options in Candy Palace, etc.
  • Cold brew is available without sweeteners throughout the Parks.
  • No added sugar vanilla syrup at Cappuccino Cart in DCA. Pretty sure the SBux locations offer sugar free vanilla syrup as well.
  • Both Gibson Girl & Clarabelle’s offer no sugar added ice cream options.
  • Refreshment Corner (Coke corner) has Coke Zero & light lemonade

What else would you drink outside of the park that isn't sugary? Or rather, what is it that you are looking for?
Pretty much nothing, other than getting excited when unsweetened iced tea is available. Or a diet pop other than cola, like how A&W has diet root beer. Outside of the park, I wonder the same thing at Starbucks. Like, why is Vanilla the only SF syrup they offer? SF Pumpkin Spice seems like an easy seasonal branching out. Flavor and sugar/sweetness are as conflated at coffee places as what I'm seeing at DLR. Vacation is a place I'd like to indulge in something other than water when eating out.

Based on my experience here are a few options off the top of my head.
  • You can order Lemonade Zero at Cafe Daisy.
  • There are sugar free candy options in Candy Palace, etc.
  • Cold brew is available without sweeteners throughout the Parks.
  • No added sugar vanilla syrup at Cappuccino Cart in DCA. Pretty sure the SBux locations offer sugar free vanilla syrup as well.
  • Both Gibson Girl & Clarabelle’s offer no sugar added ice cream options.
  • Refreshment Corner (Coke corner) has Coke Zero & light lemonade
Oh, I didn't even think of candy. My DH loves SF gummies, esp cola-flavored ones for some reason, and high-quality SF chocolate. I will keep an eye out. I'd love to get him a treat. Thanks!

Not sure if you wanted to include alcohol? I'm always in search of non-sweet cocktail/alcoholic drinks--but the premixed stuff is pretty sugary. I believe the only place they make actual drinks is Carthay (not including Club 33)? Anyone know of others?

Other than a treat drink, water is best. Most if not all the beverages at Disneyland are going to be very high in sugar.

Not sure if you wanted to include alcohol? I'm always in search of non-sweet cocktail/alcoholic drinks--but the premixed stuff is pretty sugary. I believe the only place they make actual drinks is Carthay (not including Club 33)? Anyone know of others?
I think Lamplight Lounge can make actual drinks if you want.

We were shocked at how sweet drinks were last visit. We tried a couple of cold brews and just threw them away (and I’ll even drink coke now and then). I just drank water (or wine in DCA! 😃) Disappointed there seems to be no sparkling water anywhere, unless I missed it. That’s a pretty popular drink to not have available!

Do they still have the coke freestyle machines by Humphreys? Those usually have sparkling water I think….

Do they still have the coke freestyle machines by Humphreys? Those usually have sparkling water I think….
Even better: the freestyle machines I've used always have multiple diet pops, including in some of the fun flavors. My DH will like that, and the kids typically go wild for all those choices. Thanks to all! Pym's was on the list for the giant 🥨 pretzel already.

Yep. I’m diabetic and have resigned myself to the fact that I’m not drinking anything interesting at Disneyland.

Now several of the chain restaurants in the surrounding area have options. But they’ll be the same as in those same restaurants wherever you’re from.

Don't ask for a non-menu drink at the Magic Key Terrace. My sister wanted a spiked cocoa and I asked for a coffee drink. they didn't have anything to put in either, so we suggested a few things. Maybe Bailey's? etc. So they said sure, we can fix something up.

They were the WORST tasting drinks I've ever had in my life, and they charged us for a coffee, a cocoa, PLUS an entire cocktail each.

Don't ask for a non-menu drink at the Magic Key Terrace. My sister wanted a spiked cocoa and I asked for a coffee drink. they didn't have anything to put in either, so we suggested a few things. Maybe Bailey's? etc. So they said sure, we can fix something up.

They were the WORST tasting drinks I've ever had in my life, and they charged us for a coffee, a cocoa, PLUS an entire cocktail each.

I’ll second do not ask for any beverage not on their menu at any bar except maybe Napa Rose. Felt like a martini and ordered a martini very dry at Lamplighter, which advertises a full bar. Received what was best described as olive jar juice with a dash of vodka. Both the server and bartender had never heard of the term “dry martini“. A manager came over after their second attempt (a glass of only vermouth) failed, profusely apologized, and explained that while they have a full bar and can make any drink… they’re not used to making things other than the specials on the flip cards on the tables.

We thanked them for the cup of warm vodka in a glass, paid the $28 tab for the one drink, and left.

We’d love to see some sugar free power aid or Gatorade in the parks. Helps to stay hydrated on hot days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter