What to do with a balloon during rides if you don't have a stroller?

maarowak

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I just came back from a great trip from WDW! And I have a question that came up while talking with my mom there!

Long story short, I really wanted a balloon. And my mom loved them too, but, what would we do with them during rides? No kids in the party, so no strollers.

Anyone had this "issue" as well? I would love to get one on our next trip (-:

A balloon is a commitment. You commit to tying it to a stroller and having it bonk you or the people behind you if you don't tie it short enough, for the rest of the day. Or you commit to going on no, or almost no, rides for the rest of the day as you carry it. And, of course, when you carry it, you can't see it.

I love the balloons. They are so cute. I don't buy them. Once you've purchased it, what is its value? You aren't going to just stare at it all day. It becomes a burden.

So I admire the balloons that the sellers carry, and the balloons other (suckers) have purchased (as long as they aren't bonking me in the head). And we joke in our family that every time we admire a bunch of balloons we should go pay the seller for the visual rental of the balloon. :)

And remember that if you're staying at AKL you cannot have a balloon there lest it get out onto the savannah.

balloon.jpg

Cue "Let It Go" soundtrack.....

I like to buy a ballon on my last day then pass it along to someone checking in as I check out.

A balloon is a commitment. You commit to tying it to a stroller and having it bonk you or the people behind you if you don't tie it short enough, for the rest of the day. Or you commit to going on no, or almost no, rides for the rest of the day as you carry it. And, of course, when you carry it, you can't see it.

I love the balloons. They are so cute. I don't buy them. Once you've purchased it, what is its value? You aren't going to just stare at it all day. It becomes a burden.

So I admire the balloons that the sellers carry, and the balloons other (suckers) have purchased (as long as they aren't bonking me in the head). And we joke in our family that every time we admire a bunch of balloons we should go pay the seller for the visual rental of the balloon. :)

And remember that if you're staying at AKL you cannot have a balloon there lest it get out onto the savannah.
I honestly enjoyed reading this post. Thank you!!

Disclaimer: I think I've been snowed in with my kids too long!

We buy them on the way out of a park. I never bought them when we lived in MA, but now that we live in FL I do. They last quite a long time. I think the longest we had one stay inflated was 4 months.

On several occasions I have seen cast members tie balloons to railings at the exit area of attractions while the owners rode. They aren't going to make you get rid of your $12 balloon so you can go on a ride. Cast members want to help and be courteous, and they'll assist you.

I bought balloons for my kids early on in our trip but it was during the electrical parade so I was only holding them for an hour or so. But let me tell you, those balloons lasted a few months after our trip, LOL, I couldn't believe how long they stayed "afloat" LOL

We drive so getting them home isn't a problem. We bought the mylar ones when my kids were small (the ones before the mickey head in the clear plastic ones). We bought them at the end of the day at the beginning of our trip. They floated in our room the entire time, made it back home, stayed afloat nearly a month later. When they started losing their "lift", I stuck a pin in the bottom and made a small hole to deflate the rest of the air and hung them on their walls. They're still there 15 years later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter