What to do/see in Hollywood area?

Mrs. Figment

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Hollywood for 2.5 days before heading to disney. We are going to go on a moviestars house bus tour, but otherwise that's all we have planned.

We are on a low budget while we are in Hollywood because we will be going to Disneyland for about 5 days after, and were just wondering what are some great things we shouldn't miss out on doing. I want to get some good shopping done (!!), we are going to see the chinese theatre, etc.

Also, is Universal Studios worth it's price?

thank you very much for your help:cool1:

Universal is too expensive IMO. The Griffith Park Observatory reopened after years of being closed due to major renovations. Its cheaper and you can check out the view of the LA Basin - hopefully not on a smoggy day ;) and you can see the ocean from there. Also, you'll be close to the Hollywood sign to take pictures.

Make sure to check out the Hollywood and Highland complex, which includes the Kodak Theatre (where the Academy Awards take place). Next door is the Chinese Theatre and across the street is the El Capitan, where the most recent Disney films are screened. There is a Disney Ice Cream Shop, its a sit down place with old fashion shakes, soda, and ice cream are served. You can actually take the Metro Red Line (LA's limited version of a subway) to Universal Studios from the Hollywood and Highland area. If you don't go into USH, make sure to at least take in the action at the Citywalk area.

I went on a tour of the Warner Bros lot and loved it! If I were to choose between Universal and WB I would choose WB just because I have gone to Universal in florida several time and WB to me is more of the real Hollywood (we saw some TV show stars walking around the lot during our tour)

We also took a day trip to Venice Beach which was interesting. With all the artsy people hanging out and playing along the boardwalk.

What does bump mean??
A "bump" is a post whose purpose is merely to "push" or "bump" the topic back to the top of the Thread list. That's not so important in this particular forum, but some others might have several pages of new topics every day so topics of interest can sometimes slip below the horizon (i.e. the next page).

You can hop the city bus or Dash bus down to the Grove for shopping, it's an awesome mall and the Farmer's Market is right next door for some funky dining options. CBS STudios is there too, if you want to see where they do "Price Is Right" and "American Idol", though there is not a tour. Sometimes in the farmer's market, someone is giving out tickets to CBS tv tapings that are going on that day.

Will you have a car? Are you staying right in Hollywood? :confused3

Budget depending...
We really enjoyed western riding on the border of griffith park. It was a really nice way to see the "other side" of Hollywood. There are a couple of places on the northern edge which will rent you a horse and guide(we went with Griffith Park Horse Rentals, based in the Equestrian Centre). Its $25 per person for an hour. No experience necessary and the horses seemed well trained and safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter