What to do on first day

lilpixi

Earning My Ears
Any tips for things to do on the first day/arrival day? (adults only, no kids)
My flight arrives in the evening (6 PM) and I'm staying at an All Star hotel.

I thought I might just eat dinner at the food court and settle in my room. I'm using the Magical Express but, so I would expect that I might arrive at my hotel around 7:30 to 8:30 PM. Is there anything that's easy to do?

If on a meal plan, I'd probably get at least a snack and my cup making sure it's working right. Then some pool time or maybe catch the free resort movie that night.

You didnt' mention when or what day of week this is so I'm going to assume the only other opened long enough to make it an option things would be minigolf (closes at 11) and springs (closes at midnight). but if you have an early morning for rope drop it'll probably be best to situate yourself around the resort and do something there.

I would check out Disney Springs. It's tradition for us, but there are some many fabulous dining & unique shopping options now. We always have a great time, but tend to never have any opportunity to get back there during our trip.

For us its just nice to sit, relax enjoy a nice meal and then walk it off shopping. They are open late, depending on how early you are wanting to get to bed.

I would either relax at the hotel or, if you are up to it and can get a last minute reservation somewhere, make a late dinner reservation at one of the resort restaurants and explore one of the deluxe resorts (Kona at The Poly would be my top pick and depending on MK schedule that day you may be able to check out Wishes from the beach)

We hit Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs.
We tried to hit Earl of Sandwich on a weekday night this past December. Holy cow, the line was incredibly long! We gave up!
I'm really not a fan of the new DS, any great mall in America will have most of the same stores.
Imho, after travelling I would go maybe to the CS, get a meal, and if warm enough, hit the pool. (Yes, they are heated year round!)
I can tell.you after that I would be toast and so I would get comfy and get some reasonable sleep!

Not sure what you like, but an easy stroll on the Boardwalk or a trip to YeeHaw Bob at POR if he is playing. Otherwise, relax at the resort, have a cocktail there, and get a good night sleep.

I was thinking about going to the Boardwalk or Disney Springs. Are they easy to get to via Disney transportation?

Thanks for all of the ideas everyone!

We tried to hit Earl of Sandwich on a weekday night this past December. Holy cow, the line was incredibly long! We gave up!
I'm really not a fan of the new DS, any great mall in America will have most of the same stores.
Imho, after travelling I would go maybe to the CS, get a meal, and if warm enough, hit the pool. (Yes, they are heated year round!)
I can tell.you after that I would be toast and so I would get comfy and get some reasonable sleep!
Yeah, dinner and sleep is probably all I'll actually be doing. I wanted to make the most out of my time, but I can't do it all! After 8 hours of travel, I'll probably be exhausted.

I was thinking about going to the Boardwalk or Disney Springs. Are they easy to get to via Disney transportation?

Thanks for all of the ideas everyone!
There is a bus to Disney Springs from your resort.
To get to Boardwalk you can either bus to Epcot and then either walk or take the boat there. Far far faster to Uber or Lyft direct from All Stars...

Getting in late after a long day of travel. I would suggest early to bed and make MK rope drop to watch the new park opening show. You don't want to get behind on sleep the first day and then drag yourself around the rest of the week.

Normally we go straight to a park when we get there but given your late arrival time, I'd say just grab something to eat and maybe explore the resort. Even if you arrive at All Stars around 7 or 7:30 you are still going to have to check in and get to your room. After you have settled into your room it could easily be 8. After travelling all day, no reason to deal with buses to DS and transferring to BW then reversing that back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter