What to do in Santa Ynez and Ventura

Ventura has a beautiful Mission and cross to visit, a pier to walk on, a beach for strolling......I grew up there, and it is beautiful. Not so hot on Solvange....I would do Santa Barbara instead.

Hello everyone,

Could you please tell me about Santa Ynez/Solvgang and Ventura.

Thanks!
Half a dozen pretty winerys in Santa Ynez valley to visit if you're inclined. (i bet a google search for SB winerys or Santa Ynez wineries would reveal them.)

Try the Flilmore and Western Railway train ride it's a lot of fun to take the train through the Heritage Valley. Just head up Highway 126 form Ventura to get to Filmore

You could also cruise the channel islands, they are beautiful. The cruises leave from the harbor. There are some great places to eat at the harbor, The Greek is one of my favorites, they have belly dancers (family friendly) a fun atmospher.
Ventura has some of the best surfing available, take some surfing lessons.

I also would go to Santa Barbara, great college town!

Half a dozen pretty winerys in Santa Ynez valley to visit if you're inclined. (i bet a google search for SB winerys or Santa Ynez wineries would reveal them.)
Exactly - the movie "Sideways" was filmed in that area. There really is a Hitching Post restaurant on the road from US101 to Solvang.

I also grew up in Ventura and it's beautiful to look out over the city and ocean from the foothills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter