• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do after the parks close?

Disney_Cindy

Earning My Ears
With MK closing at 10 pm most nights this summer, I'm just wondering what people have been or are planning on doing after close. I've read it can take quite a while to get out of the park at close and just wondering if people leaving head over to AK or DS, or is there is even enough time to do that?

On our trip in September we plan on going to DS a few nights after park closing. There's good entertainment food and shops we want to check out. We are staying at POR and the fairy boat ride to and from DS is nice and relaxing.

At 10pm close, we just went back to the resort for a quick shower and then bed.

When we left the parks before close (say, 8 or 9pm) we would have a swim in the pool before getting ready for bed.

We didn't take afternoon breaks outside of the parks, so by 10pm we were more than ready to be done for the day.

Feel sad.

Disney wants you to go to Pandora, Disney's springs, or sleep ,since the pools are also closed :(

Sleep so you can rope drop again in the morning.
Yeah, since it's what, 11:00 by the time you get back to your room, if not a little later, we get ready for the next day and hit the sack. We are wiped out and more than ready for bed. We don't rush out of the park at 10:00 either. Why do that? That's what everyone else does. We hang back, wait for the Kiss Goodnight and just sit and wait for the masses to go and then make our way out. No reason to rush out at all.

With MK closing at 10 pm most nights this summer, I'm just wondering what people have been or are planning on doing after close. I've read it can take quite a while to get out of the park at close and just wondering if people leaving head over to AK or DS, or is there is even enough time to do that?
I always think of anything past 8pm as a late closing.

We stay until park closing no matter what time it is. If it's an early closing we do a late dinner (last possible ADR time) at whatever park we are in. Then we just take advantage of having the rest of the night to travel back to the resort, wind down, shower, relax, and call it a night. Then do it all again the following morning.

If we're out at a park that closes at 9:00 or 10:00 we head back to the resort (that usually takes an hour) then we shower and go to bed. It's still usually midnight by then. But we also usually get up early the next morning for EMH's or a rope drop somewhere. I don't need to go make more plans after 10:00 at night. If we went somewhere else then we wouldn't get to bed until 2:00 am. I can't do that AND get up at 6:00 day in and day out. The parks usually have shorter hours on our January trips - it's kinda nice to keep regular hours....

If you love the night life Disney Springs is the place to be. In fact, I have never been to any of the parks at dark because of Downtown Disney, I mean Disney Springs. We don't travel with children, though.

It's been years since we stayed till park closing but I gotta think DS would be the best option for late night activity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter