What Time is the 4 o'clock Rain? -- Updates 11/2-4 -- Tim's surprise and Marco&Recap

All caught up again! Now I need to hop over and get caught up on your new PTR. Probably going to have to save that for tomorrow since it's almost time to go home from work.

Ariana, good to see you back. We're not too far on the PTR...still trying to finish this.

Way too much to comment on everything but here's a few random thoughts that crossed my mind while reading.

No worries...I totally understand.

I still don't believe that it rains in Florida. :rotfl: In my last five trips I've had less than an hour each time of rain. Guess I just keep getting lucky. Last week we had a grand total of 10 minutes the whole week. I think you took all the rain for us when you were there.

That's how it usually is when we are there; this June and August trip were rare occurrences for us.

I really want to sword fight with Mark someday!!

He would love that.

Your balloon story had me in tears as it always does. I really should not read those updates when I'm at work. ::yes:: This year was the sixth anniversary of my Dad's passing. So sad for you that Spaceship Earth was closed. :sad:

I can't remember if I typed that while I was at work or not; I try not to, but I think I may have. I remember I had tears too. I'm sorry about your Dad; it's amazing how fast the years go. Yes, it was sad that SE was closed.

I am so jealous that you got to see Pluto in the Visa Meet! I've done it twice now and haven't gotten him yet. Also jealous of the Winnie the Pooh signatures that you have on your photos. They are not available for me for some reason. :confused3

I heard a couple in front of us who came back when they found out that Pluto would be there after a certain amount of time. I found that a lot of the "signatures" were missing this time.

Loved reading about your KTTK tour. I'm looking so forward to that one with my Mom in February.

You and your Mom will really, really enjoy it, I think.

Great update. I have wanted to do that tour. Maybe when the girls are a bit older. Good bye Disney, hello Nicki!!

Thanks, Mary. I think the girls have to be 16 to do it. :(
Hard to say goodbye to Disney, but so happy we were seeing Nicki the net day.

Yet more awesome photos
Mark is clearly an absolute gem - offering to drive back early so you can ride spaceship earth, what a wonderful hubby you have :)

Yes, he is, Linda. He gets an A+++ from me. :)

Yay for meeting D~! That's so great that you were able to connect. I think there were 50 Dismeets between the two of you!

And probably 100 if we add you into the mix with all of your meets. I'm glad I saw D post on FB that she was at AOA so we could get over to see her.

How very sweet of Mark to offer to make time for SE later in the trip. What a guy!

Yes he is (in case I forget to say so later, I didn't take advantage of his offer; we thought about it but I knew we'd be back in December and I'll just make up for it then.

I love your empty Main Street photos. :thumbsup2

Thank you.

You are so good that you didn't spill the beans on some of the Disney magic with the tour highlights. It was soooo hard for me to keep my camera in my bag but I was 100% compliant! I think all of the CMs that do the tours are top notch. We had a different guide but she was a good friend of someone we know so that worked out well.

You are good too...you've not spilled the beans either. I've heard they are all very good and as much as I'd like to have Molly again, I think I'd like another perspective too.

The Mayor and Hildegard - what a great photo!! :)

Thank you.

Nickiland fun begins!

Yes it does. :thumbsup2

Finally caught up! So Sad you were not able to go on Spaceship earth. Mark really is a great husband trying to make you so happy in a hard time. Your Visa photo came out so cute!

Thanks; he knows how to make me smile.

Another Great update! Always sad to leave but exciting you have another adventure to get to! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Keys to the kingdom tour. I Have been debating it for my trip next week. I figured I am going solo so it may be a good time to do the tour.

The tour was very informative and fun...I hope you do it.

I love the Keys tour. I really need to do it again some of these days. The right tour guide really makes the experience...sounds like you got a good one!

Molly was terrific and we definitely want to do it again.

Now its off to Nikkiland!

Jill in CO

Yes and lots of laughs, hugs and good food too.

All caught up again! :goodvibes OOH you did something Lisa always tlaks about, waling on an empty main street. I would LOVE to do that tour someday, on my bucket list. :yay::yay::yay:

Walking on Main Street before the CP breakfast is just magical; the tour was great and we will do it again.

I LOVE the anniversary smooch pics of you and Mark. :love::love::love:

Thank you, Judy.

Before I get to your update....

Ummmmmmm.......

You should of said... errr never mind. I don't want to get in trouble with the mods who frequent Kathy's threads to make sure she stays on topic. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes they do (someone likes to tattle on me when I go off topic).

Kathy- I caught your update before I left. Great photopass pics... I'm having a bit of deja vu. I feel like I've typed that before. :rotfl:

You, Andy and Mark talking again and ganging up on me?

Does the tour ruin any Disney magic? While it sounds like fun I'd be worried I'd find out something I didn't want to know.

Absolutely not; I feel that it gives you more appreciation of certain things.

See ya real soon- I'm out! :wave2:

I know you are having a great time by your FB posts (sorry about the rain today).

I have always wanted to do that tour....though I thought you could take pictures, except when you go backstage. maybe they changed the rules on that now.

Yep, no pictures allowed at all. :(

Claire is too young for it yet, so I have to plan it when someone can keep her while I do or wait a few more years.

As I told Mary up above, I think you have to be at least 16.

your NOT KIDDING!!! there was more said. again can't say it here in fear! :thumbsup2

Good girl...don't want to ruffle those feathers. ;)

I have the same question but apparently she has been sworn to secrecy!!!

Mum's the word.

Have a wonderful trip!!! :cheer2:

I think they are from their FB posts.

What a great way to end a great trip. The tour sounds fantastic. I would be a little disappointed in the no pictures rule, but so completely understand why you would want to not have any out there floating around. Keeps the magic.

Thanks, Tammy; we really enjoyed it and can understand the "no" pictures in the backstage area but not quite sure why we couldn't take them around the park. :confused3

You were making a habit of stalking Disers on this trip, weren't you? :rotfl2::lmao:

Yes; I was a very bad girl. :rotfl2:

Another successful Dis meet in the books. I really hope you're keeping track of how many there were on this trip, because I've definitely lost track. :lmao::rotfl:

Nope, I lost count too.

A nice way to end an evening.:thumbsup2

It was; we knew we needed to get up early the next morning so wanted to keep it simple.

Worth the price of admission already. :thumbsup2

Tour was a little pricey, but we got the AP rate so it helped; oh, so did that bottle of water. ;)

After how many times making this drive???? :confused3 :rotfl:

I know, I know. We made a poor choice.

well the offer stands for any PP+ photos while we are together :thumbsup2

Thanks.

can't wait to take that tour, have to wait for Megan to be 16 though! cool getting photos with no people on main street

I'm so glad we did it. It was great being able to get those photos.

nice you got to meet up with D! and meet the mayor and his wife too!

I'm so glad we were able to work it out...we had talked about it for months.

Great idea!:thumbsup2

It was; we didn't take advantage, but it was very sweet of him to offer.

Do you think Photopass staff eventually gets to be like the chef at those all-you-can-eat buffet places? "You've been here four hours! Go home!":rotfl2:

That could very well be.

Nice job on DIS Meet #259. You're catching up to the Photopass total. :rotfl:

At one time I actually knew how many Photopass photos we had this trip. But now it has slipped my mind.

Very cool! I'd love to see Main Street empty someday. Actually, I'd love to do that tour too. Julie and I were going to go next year, just by ourselves, to celebrate our 40th birthdays and we were talking about doing that tour. Then this baby came along and screwed everything up.

Just like Scotty came along, now we have another one who comes along. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sounds great! I'd love to do this someday.

I'm sure you will. :)

So sweet of Mark to offer one last stop to ride Spaceship Earth before going home!

He is a gem.

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour sounds amazing! On my list!!

Definitely worth it!

Yay for Nickiland! :goodvibes

Always a fun time. :)

I'll finish the rest of the replies tomorrow and may even give you an update.

Whew I am finally caught up again Kathy! I love love all of your photopass pictures. Especially the one with the fireworks at the castle. What a great photographer!

How disappointing that SSE was closed.....I'm sorry you felt so badly for it. What a great hubby you have to take you to your favorite characters and help you cheer up. The interaction with Tigger was just fantastic! and it looks like your spirits were improved by the end of the day.

Can't believe all the rain you hit even on your way to Marco!

Minnie is just so so so cute!

I may have to wait and catch up on your Dec PTR later if I have more time...but I'll find your TR after!

Great DIS meets with D & the Animation photos. Katie keeps asking to go there. we are going to have to at least visit and tour the resort -she will love all the sketches and drawings on the wall. She is turning into quite the little artist ...just like her daddy.

How wonderful you made it to see Nikki. her dog is so cute.

You sure did have a lot of rain this year.

How nice for you to find BOG for Tim. I know it's been really hard to get still.

Oh Gosh Tim! that totally sucks about your camera!!!

How sweet you were able to help get Tim BOG pixiedust:

Great to "see" pics with Nikki, she looks great :flower3: Minnie is a cutiepup:goodvibes

That litle pooch is just tooooooo cute !!!Looks like a rainy start to this part of your trip too !!What time was the 4 o'clock rain at Marco:rotfl2:I have my TR title all picked out , now I have to find time to upload and start it !! I am sure Pat will be a great help with her pix !! :cool1:

You made it to Marco!!!
Nikki and Todd's puppy is very cute.
Time for some relaxation by the pool!

And :cool1: for your being able to snag the BOG dinner for Tim!!

Yeah for being on Marco Island!

OMG, how cute is Nicki's furbaby! And what a great name for it too! I so understand they skipped their trip to WDW.

I cannot believe HOW MUCH rain you encountered this trip! :lmao:

Let's see how long this lasts but I am officially caught up - here at least!

That's some rain storm you went through. Yikes! That bridge looks familiar from when we cruised out of Tampa - the Sunshine Skyway Bridge if it is near the coastal highway.

Lunch at Chili's - I'm good for that any time! And I love the chicken tenders with the honey mustard sauce. Sooo good.

And FINALLY, your reunion with Nicki! Minnie is adorable and such an appropriate name for a Disney loving puppy momma. :) Glad you made it safe despite the rain, again.

How sweet of you to get the BoG ADR for Tim and his family. Truly a very thoughtful gesture and what a kind heart you have Kathy.

Tim: Argh! Sorry about the camera. :scared:

Kathy, how long is the drive to Marco Island? Just wondering.

Yay for meeting up with Nicki! I know that you were all ready to see one another again. Speaking of meeting....look at that sweet little baby that you got to meet! Minnie is adorable!

Definitely can't go wrong with a Chili's!

Johnny Rocket's is definitely a favorite of mine! Way back in the day when I used to work at Old Orchard, I may or may not have eaten there very regularly. :rolleyes1

The new addition to the family is just precious. Such an adorable pupper!

Awesome that you got Tim and the fam a BOG reservation!

I am dying to take that tour, but it feels like I'm never there long enough to devote so much time to it. Someday, though, I'm going to make it happen!

It is a long tour and it was HOT when we did; but we really are glad we did it.

The Art of Animation lobby looks amazing. Glad you got to squeeze that DIS meet in there!

It was a fun DIS meet; and what an amazing resort.

Ms. Kat, I'm so happy to hear you liked the tour, I hear a lot of wonderful things about it and that it's truly worth doing. I've often wondered if it would take away from the magic.
Since I'm still fairly new to the parks in WDW I'm going to wait it out for a few more years before I finally take the leap to do it. I think. :rotfl: Who knows, if I can convince my hubby to do another trip with me I might have to conjure a few tricks up my sleeve in order for him to feel like he's there for a new/good reason. :rolleyes2

We didn't feel it took away from the magic at all.

Can't wait to see pics of you and Nikki together!! :goodvibes

A couple up, but more to come.

Just getting all caught up!

Hi there; we've missed you.

I'm still totally loving all your PP photos! You are definitely making me consider it for next year! I especially love the one you got with the fire works, by Crystal Palace. Thats becoming one of our tradition spots!

It's a great spot for pictures. I'm still debating doing the PP next month with all the problems people have been having with it.

I love the idea of giving away a balloon every year. It seems like your father must of been a really sweet guy! The meet and greet with Tigger and Pooh made me tear up!

Thank you; my dad was truly my best friend, and I miss him every day. Tigger and Pooh sure brightened my mood that afternoon.

Thanks for the explanation.

Tim did good.

I think it is awesome that we sometimes get to really meet our Dis friends outside of the Box. I have made some good friends from the DisBoards. Of course, it helps when they don't live thousands of miles away. ;)

I love meeting new DIS people, either near home or at Disney.

Loved the updates and ALL the photopass pix. I think the two of you are adorable together. Hoping someday to still be holding hands and smooching my DH after 30 years of marriage. And Mr. Mark gets two thumbs up for his Germany treat-nothing better than some goodies from the caramel shop!

You re very sweet, Linda. I love when we are walking along and my hubby grabs my hand. I'm not a caramel fan (unless it's an apple), but Mark loves it.

We really enjoyed our Keys to the Kingdom tour. This was the second one I've done. The last one was 5 years ago. Some stuff has changed, but a lot was still the same. With my old brain, it never hurts to hear it over again. :upsidedow

I'm really glad we did it.

Off to the beach!!! :cheer2:

Yes we are...and we love it there.

Glad you got to see Art of Animation. I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations there, if everything goes as planned.

I hope it goes the way you plan it.

So far, we have not met anything other than nice down-to-earth DIS friends. :thumbsup2 It's nice to say we have Disney friends all over the U.S. as well as in other countries.

I've yet to meet anything other than nice DIS members too; I hope that one day our paths may cross too. :hug:

Awww Kathy - it was so wonderful meeting you and Mark... I too wished we had a photo of you, Suzi and I together... I certainly wasn't thinking. I sure hope the next time we meet - we have a bit more time.

Yes, I don't know where my brain was that night that we didn't get the three of us in one pic. :( Yes, a longer meet next time would be lovely.

As for your tour - I dream of doing that one one day... But then I am afraid it will wreck the magic for me. What do you think? Are you happy you did it? Do you think it will change the way you see things?

Definitely did not wreck the magic at all; it actually made us appreciate a few things a lot more than we did. I am thrilled we did and will do it again.

Great update! And thanks for joining in on my newest PTR. :)

D~

I wouldn't miss your newest PTR at all (are you on mine?).

Thanks, Mo; I know you had a great one...it's one of your favorite holidays after all.

Thank you, Judy. I love the pictures of your pumpkin carving and the kids costumes.

Hi Kathy! Just wanted to send you a quick thanks for your positive vibes for my boys! We are all exhausted here in Boston. After the last out I ran out of my house in my slippers and PJs and drove to my parents house to celebrate with my dad. Stayed up til 2 am watching post game! Everyone is Boston is red eyed but happy.

My pleasure; I'm glad you got to celebrate with your dad. :goodvibes

I am way behind, and am working backwards reading this TR to figure out where I left off. But, in the mean time I have to comment on this. I admire you for driving to celebrate with your Dad. You will NEVER regret that! Personally, I think my Dad (passed away in Feb @ almost 89yrs) had a hand(wing) or two in the wind.

KAthy- I'll catch up I promise.

I'm sure your dad did! No worries...I know how hard it is to keep up.

I somehow missed that it was going to be down for refurbishment. It isn't one I normally pay much attention to. It did reopen while I was down there... but on the day I was ready to ride it... it was still down. :rolleyes:

We only do it if there is no long line; I am looking forward to doing it at Christmas with the Christmas theme they've added to it.

Looks like you were having an excellent time!

We were.

:cool1: First, I love that ride. Second, how cool it took half the time than it was posted :goodvibes

We noticed that a lot of the posted times were false...most of the time in our favor.

Splash though.. :scared: not my favorite. Is it bad I am not sad it will be down in January?

It's kind of how I feel about IASW...not sad that it will be down next month.

You made good use of your time! Lots of attractions before lunch. :thumbsup2

Love that about EMH's...you get so much done.

I am so far behind... I will get caught up though. Just please excuse me as I go through and respond randomly to your very old updates. :rolleyes:

Ann, please don't fret it. If you just want to read everything and make some random comments, it is perfectly fine. Trust me, I understand.

:hug: We had a great visit! I needed to see him! Sorry about Spaceship Earth being closed, I am really bummed about IASM being down in December. But that's my own selfish reason...yours was sentimental and SO sweet of Mark to get your spirits up :hug: Tigger looks like he is SO much fun :flower3:

I'm so glad you had a great visit with your Dad. :goodvibes

Do I know when in December you are there? Do our dates cross?

I have to admit that I am NOT sad that IASM is down. Mark sure made me feel better.

Phew all caught up again. You are an updating queen!!

We leave four weeks from Tuesday...I need to get this done. :rotfl2:

Love all the kissing PP pics!! I can never get sick of your pics. You are both
very photogenic!!

Thank you, Doreen...that is very sweet.

We tried Raglan Road for the first time in Oct. & loved it!!

I'm so glad you loved it; unfortunately, I think a lot of people have figured out how good it is because it is harder to get ADR's at the time we like to eat.

I do not remember when (or if) we saw the France video. Will need to check it out in May.

I particularly like that you can sit for it.

We went to see AoA in May this year as we stayed at Pop. It is very cute.

It really is; Disney did a great job with it.

Good to know about the tour. I really want to do that some day.

Loved it! Please do it.

Love your new haircut by the way.:thumbsup2

Thank you; I'm loving it.

I know you won't believe it, but I'm caught up. You can test me and everything -- my answer will be either "Starbucks" or "hat pictures". ;)

And I would have believed you. :thumbsup2

No, I really did, so here're some comments:

Wow...you went through all of that? :faint:

Entenmann's doughnuts - were they the double chocolate (chocolate cake with chocolate icing) or the white cake with chocolate icing? Because the double chocolate are some kind of amazing. Sooo good for a boxed doughnut. We get them whenever they're on sale (and in stock). Well Judy doesn't eat that stuff of course, but the kids and I do!

I never knew there was chocolate on chocolate. I will be on the look out when we next go grocery shopping.

Sci-Fi - dang, another incident to prove the adage that you shouldn't stray from a burger at Sci-Fi. Sorry to read that. You'd think they'd get their act together.

We're going to skip it next year, but will be back to burgers the next time we go.

Rose & Crown - now here's an example where it sounds like they have turned it around. This place used to get so-so and some negative reports....glad to hear that you liked it so much that it's now a "must do". Impressive.

We've always had good meals at Rose & Crown and wefeltnit had gotten even better.

Rain - wow that was some drencher on your first MK day.

We had a few of those days unfortunately.

So many DIS-meets! You got to meet Brenda and Em, and again, and again, and again. Way cool. And I'm jealous that you got to meet Cynthia, although I feel like I already know her, I've been reading her reports and corresponding with her across the DIS for so long now.

It was funny how we kept meeting. We had so much fun we are doing it again next month.

A male DeVine? I had no idea! I wonder what he's called?

Yes and someone told me his name and now I've forgotten (old age showing it's ugly head again).

Rapunzel - what a fantastic photo that is! So cool that she could "let her hair down" for that one, and it seems so in-character too. Perfect!

Aside from my very special meet with Pooh and Tigger, our meet with Rapunzel was the best.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - I haven't seen a lot of reports on this restaurant. I'm glad that you had a great meal there, I may have to add it to my list of places to try.

Let's just say that now that we have found Yachtsman, we will never go back to LeCellier.

Cookie - sooo sad. I'm sorry for your loss. :hug: Bichons are the best! I know that she's missed.

Thank you, Glenn. It is hard to believe it will be a month this coming Wednesday that she left us. I still wake up at night wondering why she's not laying across my feet.

You made some new friends during a rainstorm at DTD - great story. It's neat how things like that always seem to happen at Disney. :)

I love that about Disney.

Fireworks kiss - so cool that the Photopass Photographer waited for that shot, and it looked like you didn't mind waiting either. :rolleyes: I'm glad that you didn't lose that one.

It took us both a while to figure out why he wouldn't let us stop kissing. I have to admit, I needed to use my chapstick afterwards. :rotfl::rotfl:

Balloon story - so you went and picked a child with a weepy mom to give the balloon to? Oh man. :laughing: Seriously, it's always good to read the stories of when you do that tradition. :goodvibes

Who knew I'd find someone as weepy as me? Thank you, Glenn, I'm glad you enjoyed reading about that.

Well, that's enough for now. What're you waiting for...keep 'er comin'! ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I'll get right on that.

Kathy, I'm so hopelessly behind AND you're going on another trip soon! I'm going to try and catch up. I see you're already to the magical part of your trip...Nickiland! Going back to read and read and then read some more!:thumbsup2:hug:

Molly, I hate to tell you, but you never subscribed to this TR. But I don't care...I'm always happy to see you, my friend.

The drive down looked pleasant, at least until the rain started. :worried:

I always enjoy that ride; love seeing all the palm trees, the wildlife, the water.

Glad to hear you could enjoy a nice meal together and the rest of the trip was uneventful. :thumbsup2

Chili's is a good standby.

You finally made it to Nicki-land!!! :goodvibes Nicki looks amazing!! :thumbsup2 All her hard work has paid off!! ::yes::

Yes she does and she continues to work at it! Now if she would just grow a little taller. ;)

Hope the shopping was good, Minnie is aborable! :lovestruc

I got a few things for myself and some gifts for the condo owners. Minnie is absolutely precious.

Can't wait to hear what you do with the rest of your trip. :goodvibes

A lot of pool time and great meals.

What luck! Another ride with half the listed wait time :cool1:

Always a good thing.

I LOVE this restroom. So pretty. The painted walls are amazing!

I do too; it's fabulous.

As much as I love this show... I only do it if I don't have to wait long. I regret when I don't watch it...so you would think I would be willing to wait. Maybe I don't like to wait because this is one that is easier to have better luck at catching when they are just about to open the doors.

We've been fortunate to time it really well; we usually walk in with only a couple of minute wait.

Those are great pictures. I HAVE to do it in January. I skipped it the last two trips. And I have never gone through the interactive queue. There is an interactive queue, yes?

There is a play area for kids and you can get a beeper when it is your turn to get in line.

Okay, I am caught up... Sort of. I think I missed one, but can't find it. Someone made a rap unseal comment & fantasmic. I will try to fun it later. For now..
So sweet of mark to offer to swing back for a se ride.

He is a sweetie.

So cool that you did the kingdom tour. That is on our someday lust, but after our youngest is past the "age of believing", which judging by my family maybe ever. Lol. Maybe for our 40th. :)

It really doesn't take ANYTHING away from believing; but your youngest would have to be older to do it.

Love that you spent time with your besties. Lol

We do love Nicki and Todd (these are the ones I told you about that we met here on the DIS.

And not sure if I am jealous of D~ meeting you or you meeting D~. Lol.
One of these days. But I think we may stick to the fall for our trips. We feel we miss slit if precious time with the serious rain storms.

How about you just be jealous of both of us? :rotfl2: I am really hoping to do September next year rather than August (it will all depend on Mark's job).

Your friend's fury new family member is adorable!

Minnie truly is adorable...and very spoiled.

You made it to Marco!! That doggie is sooo cute!! More rain-oh joy!!

Yes, we made it to Marco, Minnie was a sweetie and the rain NEVER went away.

Way behind but going back to catch up!

And (shameless plug alert!) I started my TR! :thumbsup2

I will wait for you to catch up. And I am at your TR and can't wait to hear the BIG news!

I would like to do the tour one day.

I think you and Vinny would really enjoy it.

Those loaded fries look so good.

They were; and I'm not a big fan of cheesy fries.

You all look so happy in the pics.

We are always happy when we are with Todd and Nicki.

Cute dog.

Minnie is adorable, and very loved.

I love Minnie and Daisy over there!! In fact, I love the guys over there too... so much fun! I think it is my favorite meet and greet area.

I still think a lot of people don't know they are there. There really isn't a lot of advertisement about them.

Isn't it fun sometimes to just stop to enjoy the little things like this? :goodvibes

Yes it is; I think a lot of times we rush through things and fail to stop and enjoy the little things like this.

I love the pics... but the ride isn't my favorite. I am not a fan of falling. I am kinda a wimp that way. ;)

I feel that way about roller coasters. :rotfl:

This takes me back to my St. Pete days. Such a simple 'nothing' kind of picture, but it is part of the Florida that I remember and love so much. Jill doesn't like bridges, so I have told her it would never do for her to live in Florida. She's okay with going from MCO to WDW, but when we did bridges driving to and around Vero, she was not so fond of it. At the same time she was stressing, I was going back in time to the days of some of my very fondest memories. :goodvibes

If Jill doesn't like bridges, I would guess Florida is definitely out. I'm not a big fan of them, but I just close my eyes if need be. I'm glad the bridges to Vero brought back some fond memories for you.

After seeing the Johnny Rockets pictures, I have already (at 5:45 a.m.) decided what I want for lunch today. That salad looks great! I'll be making my own at home, though.

Nicki says it was a really good salad.

Minnie is a cute pup. I'm sure she is quite happy and spoiled. ::yes::

Happy and very spoiled.

That is awesome that you were able to help them snag dinner reservations for BOG!

They are some of my favorite people and I was so happy I could snag it for them. :)

Hey, I know those people!!!!! :lmao::lmao:

I sure hope so or we are in trouble. :rotfl::rotfl:

Thank you again Kathy for doing this for us. We really enjoyed the meal.:grouphug:

You know I would do anything humanly possible for your adorable kids and Mel; okay, and you too. :hug:

We had one hell of a day. We took the bus to MK, got off to find it absolutely pouring rain so we got back on and went back to AKL. Called Melody's cousin and went over their house to spend the afternoon. We went back to MK and we were running late. I had to buy Juliana a day pass (which costs $95 with tax) because she only had 1 day left on her 10 day N/E pass which has FP+ linked to her ticket, she needs to use the 10 day ticket tomorrow. (WOW that is confusing) We finally checked in at 5:20 for our 4:55 ADR. They took us no problem. Took a picture of Melody and Gabby at the table, then grabbed the camera 5 minutes later to take another picture- except the damn shutter button is gone. There is no way to press it to take a picture so my camera is DONE. UGGGHHHHH I am so upset. Not because of the money for the camera but for the fast that I now have to take pictures with my cell phone for the rest of the trip. :badpc::badpc:

Holy moly...that was confusing. But I'm glad they took you even though you were late for your ADR. That really stinks about your camera. However, do NOT go using that as an excuse for no TR, as I know you are using your camera phone!

Yay for Nicki's appearance! Minnie is adorable!!!!

Love when we get to Nicki; yes, Minnie is too cute for words.

Whew I am finally caught up again Kathy! I love love all of your photopass pictures. Especially the one with the fireworks at the castle. What a great photographer!

Thanks very much, Mary Ellen. That PP guy was awesome!

How disappointing that SSE was closed.....I'm sorry you felt so badly for it. What a great hubby you have to take you to your favorite characters and help you cheer up. The interaction with Tigger was just fantastic! and it looks like your spirits were improved by the end of the day.

I think it was the fact that it was "the" actual day my dad passed that got to me. Tigger certainly improved my spirits.

Can't believe all the rain you hit even on your way to Marco!

It was a continuation of all the rain we had at Disney.

Minnie is just so so so cute!

Yes she is!

I may have to wait and catch up on your Dec PTR later if I have more time...but I'll find your TR after!

I will definitely post a link on FB when I start the December TR (assuming I do one).

Great DIS meets with D & the Animation photos. Katie keeps asking to go there. we are going to have to at least visit and tour the resort -she will love all the sketches and drawings on the wall. She is turning into quite the little artist ...just like her daddy.

It's a great resort to visit; but I could NOT stay there. I'll stick with renting points for DVC or going back to my Coronado.

How wonderful you made it to see Nikki. her dog is so cute.

Love getting there and seeing my little sis. Minnie is precious.

You sure did have a lot of rain this year.

Yes we did.

How nice for you to find BOG for Tim. I know it's been really hard to get still.

I was so happy I could do that for them.

How sweet you were able to help get Tim BOG pixiedust:

I was really shocked when it appeared last week; then I panicked when I couldn't reach Tim and just figured I'd book it and I could always cancel it. But I knew it was one of the days he was looking for and within his time range so it all worked out.

Great to "see" pics with Nikki, she looks great :flower3: Minnie is a cutiepup:goodvibes

She has done so well on her diet...I am very proud of her. I love Minnie (reminds me I need to get her some Christmas presents).

That litle pooch is just tooooooo cute !!!Looks like a rainy start to this part of your trip too !!What time was the 4 o'clock rain at Marco:rotfl2:I have my TR title all picked out , now I have to find time to upload and start it !! I am sure Pat will be a great help with her pix !! :cool1:

I told Nicki her life would NEVER be the same when she got a dog...she didn't believe me. Until they cancelled their Disney trip. The rain never ended this trip...in Disney or on Marco. I am anxious to read your TR, Rosie.

You made it to Marco!!!
Nikki and Todd's puppy is very cute.
Time for some relaxation by the pool!

We love our time at Disney, but we love our time on Marco just as much!

And :cool1: for your being able to snag the BOG dinner for Tim!!

I was so happy I found it...especially for the kids.

Yeah for being on Marco Island!

Love love love it there.

OMG, how cute is Nicki's furbaby! And what a great name for it too! I so understand they skipped their trip to WDW.

She is such a sweetie (and a Daddy's girl); and did you expect anything but a Disney name?

I cannot believe HOW MUCH rain you encountered this trip! :lmao:

It was horrendous.

Let's see how long this lasts but I am officially caught up - here at least!

Busy girl, aren't you?

That's some rain storm you went through. Yikes! That bridge looks familiar from when we cruised out of Tampa - the Sunshine Skyway Bridge if it is near the coastal highway.

That would be the bridge we took. :)

Lunch at Chili's - I'm good for that any time! And I love the chicken tenders with the honey mustard sauce. Sooo good.

They have some of the best chicken tenders.

And FINALLY, your reunion with Nicki! Minnie is adorable and such an appropriate name for a Disney loving puppy momma. :) Glad you made it safe despite the rain, again.

We truly felt at home there and so happy to be with them again. Perfect name for that little pup.

How sweet of you to get the BoG ADR for Tim and his family. Truly a very thoughtful gesture and what a kind heart you have Kathy.

I've said it before; Tim was one of my first true DIS friends and I feel a special bond with Juliana and was happy to do it.

Tim: Argh! Sorry about the camera. :scared:

Isn't that awful; but he does have his phone and I'm expecting we will see pictures from that.

Kathy, how long is the drive to Marco Island? Just wondering.

3-1/2 to 4 hours depending on traffic, how fast you drive.

Yay for meeting up with Nicki! I know that you were all ready to see one another again. Speaking of meeting....look at that sweet little baby that you got to meet! Minnie is adorable!

Yes, we were; and we had just seen each other in April, but it had seemed like forever. Not seeing her again until next August is tearing me apart. Minnie is adorable.

Definitely can't go wrong with a Chili's!

Nope you can't.

Johnny Rocket's is definitely a favorite of mine! Way back in the day when I used to work at Old Orchard, I may or may not have eaten there very regularly. :rolleyes1

LOVE Johnny Rocket's and if there was one nearby I'd eat at it "regularly" too. ;)

The new addition to the family is just precious. Such an adorable pupper!

Isn't she? I didn't want to let her go.

Awesome that you got Tim and the fam a BOG reservation!

It was my pleasure to do for them.

Somehow I lost all of the pictures for Sunday, August 25. Mark and I basically hung at the pool all day until we met Todd and Nicki at Tommy Bahama's for dinner. We had a great dinner there as always. It's a tad pricey, but very good.

Monday September 26 we knew we weren't having dinner with Todd and Nicki so we went to Miami to go to the Seaquarium. I'm glad we did it, but never again. Miami is filthy, traffic is horrendous (especially when you get hit with more rain) and where LeBron James plays...reason enough to hate it!

Anyway, some pictures from the Seaquarium:

We went to see the whale show. Markie and Alisha had gone on their honeymoon. They told us not to sit in the front two or three rows. So we sat in about the 8th row on the right hand side. Brat kid of mine should have said don't sit in the first 15 rows on the sides or in the middle or you will get drenched. Which is EXACTLY what we got! But it felt good as hot as it was this day.

Miami:

We left when it started to rain again. We decided to stop at the casino in Immocole (I know that is not spelled right) on the way back to Marco. I was down to my last $50 when I hit a jackpot of $1250 and then won another 700 after that. It was a VERY good day. :)

We had dinner in the deli at the Casino.

Tuesday, August 27 we went out for breakfast to a place called Breakfast Plus which is very, very good. We did a little shopping in the little strip mall there and then went back to the condo to go to the pool:

Not a bad view, huh?

Continued in next post

Judy would LOVE the Dolphins !!!! Mark did a fine job recovering from all that Stingray watching !!!:rotfl2:Wahooey for your winningspixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter