What things in your house that are older than you?

You already asked this @Spinneret .
The end tables in our family room and the bed frame, headboard and dresser in our guest room were my wife's parents purchased two years before she was born.
The end tables, coffee table in our living room my parents purchased 7 years before I was born. There is a 100 year old marble top table there, and in the family room there is a 100 year old mantel clock that my parents had.

We have many old things in our home. The first things that come to mind are my grandmother's wedding band and engagement ring from 1917. She was just 16 years old when she married my grandpa.

Does the garage count? We have a 1938 Pontiac (all original) in the garage. I'm also the 4th generation to own a hand-made cradle my great-great grandpa made

I have a wind up, pendulum, elaborate wall clock. It is over 100 years old and keeps perfect time. It used to have a chime that would sound off the hour (one chime for 1 o'clock through 12 chimes for 12 o'clock but my daughter, when a teen, got annoyed with it when she was trying to sleep and stuffed something in it to quiet it and it hasn't rung since then. It's probably fixable but I don't really want to hear that all day and all night either. That was 38 years ago and I can't say I miss the noise. It was probably handier back 100 years ago because there was a shortage of digital clocks with illuminated numbers back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter