• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What snacks are you making for the Super Bowl??

Packers baby!!!!! :yay:

I"m making a seven layer dip, packer cupcakes. . . .

How do you make Packer cupcakes?

My budget plan is to use a Christmas cake mix I got at Target at 75% off, food color the frosting yellow, and then decorate with the green sprinkles. (I do NOT intend to do the red sprinkles for Valentines Day to avoid waste---there has to be a line somewhere:goodvibes

I could be persuaded to do this another way, as long as it was budget.

How do you make the BBQ twice baked potatoes?

Thanks,
Maggie

Normally when I make twice baked potatoes I prick holes in them and cook them in the microwave. 5-6 medium sized potatoes take around 12 minutes. I then scoop out the insides and mix with cream cheese (1/2 block) a half cup sour cream and about 1/4 c milk. I also add about a 1/4 c cheese to that and sprinkle cheese on the top and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Here is the bbq potatoes from the Neeleys on the foodnetwork.com. I am going to give this one a try.

Ingredients
3 russet potatoes, scrubbed
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup Cheddar
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, warm
1/2 pound pulled pork (I bought some ready made from the store)
Sour cream, for topping
2 tablespoons snipped chives, for garnish
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Bake potatoes on middle rack until fork tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.

Bake 4 strips of bacon on a small sheet pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Crumble bacon when it's cooled.

Preheat grill to medium heat.

Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise, and spoon out the flesh, leaving a half inch shell.

Melt the butter in saucepan and add minced garlic. Brush potatoes with the butter and garlic mixture. Flip over and butter the bottoms.

Place potatoes on grill and cook until crisp, about 4 to 4 1/2 minutes on each side and remove from grill.

Divide the cheese, barbecue sauce and pulled pork among the potatoes. Top potato skins with sour cream, crumbled bacon and chives for garnish.

Our Menu

BBQ Chicken Wings
Jalapeno Poppers
Coconut Shrimp and Dipping Sauce
Pan Fried Onion Dip
Cheese and Crackers
Chocolate Pudding Pie

Did I mention it was just two of us? :rotfl2: I swear we only enjoy the Superbowl because it is an excuse to eat...

Uh, Oh. Only problem is...I've been buying a giant STEELER cookie the last two games, too... :lmao:

:goodvibes

i've made fried chicken wings, dozens of them each & every game this season, still not sick of them lol. we eat lots of celery & other veggies along with the fries and gravy:rolleyes1

since this is the big one, i'll serve the wings (et al) pre-game & then slowly pull out the rest of the grub:

pierogis - it's a burg thing;)
hot soft pretzels
whatever frozen appetizers i find left in my freezer from New Years Eve (think i still have egg rolls, mozarella sticks, etc.)
hoagies i'll make & slice down in 1 inch sections
cheese/meat/cracker platter w/dips
doritos/chips/pretzels & dips

splurged & ordered mini-cake & cupcakes from SAMs, naturally decorated in black & gold:woohoo:can't wait to see them & the game:banana:

I love keilbasi, what do I do with it in my crockpot? Recipes please, asap too!:lmao::rolleyes::rotfl2::worship:

This worked really well with meatballs on New Years. It might be good with Keilbasa too. It's easy. you take one can cranberry sauce and one jar Heinz chili sauce and combine in a crockpot. You could probably cut the keilbasa in bite sized pieces and serve as a appetizer.

Normally when I make twice baked potatoes I prick holes in them and cook them in the microwave. 5-6 medium sized potatoes take around 12 minutes. I then scoop out the insides and mix with cream cheese (1/2 block) a half cup sour cream and about 1/4 c milk. I also add about a 1/4 c cheese to that and sprinkle cheese on the top and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Here is the bbq potatoes from the Neeleys on the foodnetwork.com. I am going to give this one a try.

Ingredients
3 russet potatoes, scrubbed
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup Cheddar
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, warm
1/2 pound pulled pork (I bought some ready made from the store)
Sour cream, for topping
2 tablespoons snipped chives, for garnish
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Bake potatoes on middle rack until fork tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.

Bake 4 strips of bacon on a small sheet pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Crumble bacon when it's cooled.

Preheat grill to medium heat.

Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise, and spoon out the flesh, leaving a half inch shell.

Melt the butter in saucepan and add minced garlic. Brush potatoes with the butter and garlic mixture. Flip over and butter the bottoms.

Place potatoes on grill and cook until crisp, about 4 to 4 1/2 minutes on each side and remove from grill.

Divide the cheese, barbecue sauce and pulled pork among the potatoes. Top potato skins with sour cream, crumbled bacon and chives for garnish.

Thanks for the recipe.

Not to be stupid or anything, but do you put the scooped out potato part anywhere?

Maggie

Making my always popular chili by special request of the friends that are hosting the party! The recipe has been posted several times here before. I use any excuse I can get to make it and then put all the leftovers up in the freezer to hold us over until the next excuse for a fresh batch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter