• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What snacks are you making for the Super Bowl??

Balsamic Chicken Drumettes
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/balsamic-chicken-drumettes-recipe/index.html

I use chicken wings instead of drumsticks. These are soooooo good! And they are a nice departure from buffalo wings.
herewegosteelers.gif

We are making meatballs with different dipping sauces: Garlic parmeseasn, bbq, and buffalo. We are also making swiss and bacon dip.

The one thing we always have is Apple Dip

1/2 cup peanut butter
8oz package cream cheese at room temp
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
caramel ice cream topping add as much as you like

Mix all ingredients together and then chill and serve with your favorite kind of apples

So yummy!!!

We are Packers fans, so I'm trying to do a green/gold theme. I'm making guacamole with tortilla chips. I bought this really nice garlic cheese when it was on sale for $8 a pound. It's got a green rind, so green and gold. I'll have some sort of cracker with that. I'm making cupcakes because they're cheap and I can color the frosting. Now, I need a few more cheap ideas.

Then, not in my color scheme, the boys requested chili dogs (which I think are gross, but whatever).

Go Packers!!!!!

I'm making taco dip which DH loves. It's Ortega taco mix made per directions on pkg, put on 8x8 dish top with jar of trader joes salsa and then some Mexican shredded cheese mix and bake til cheese is melted and serve with tortilla chips, very yummy. I'll also make some chili nachos with some chili I have in freezer. I'll probably have a salad too just to add something healthy in the mix.

I buy premade ( Mama somebodys) small meatballs. I put two jars of generic CHILI sauce in a crockpot, add one large jar of grape jelly and stir. Add meatballs and heat for a few hrs, sooooooooooo yummy.

So far...

Cuban sandwiches
Wings
Steak Bites
Pierogi Pizza
Bacon Garlic Dip

Not sure what others are bringing over

I got 2 big jugs of maple syrup from work around Christmas, since I really don't use it, I came up with a maranade for chicken. Its a basic Teriyaki recipie (teriyaki sauce, garlic, honey) but subbed the honey for maple syrup, comes out great!

Making hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls and loaded waffle fry "nachos."

Mmmmm!

GO PACK

Everything served must include cheese. So far the party will include hot beef sandwiches with cheese, chili with cheese, cheese soup, Pizza dip (food network - includes four different cheeses), and cheese cake. Kids want Packer cupcakes but I am not sure how to make that fit the cheese requirement. Only in Wisconsin!!!:banana:

You can decorate the tops of the cupcakes with a cheese wedge (fondant or modeling chocolate - not real cheese!) - But don't tell anyone I gave you this suggestion because I am a Bears fan. :hug:

My DH is going to a BBQ themed Superbowl party. I was thinking of making those BBQ bacon wrapped water chestnuts. Has anyone made these before? I'm a little worried about baking them at home and then him bringing them to the party. Will they be cold and gross by then? (I have never made these before.) Would putting them in a crockpot to keep warm be a good idea or would it make the bacon mushy?

Maggie

The one thing we always have is Apple Dip

1/2 cup peanut butter
8oz package cream cheese at room temp
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
caramel ice cream topping add as much as you like

Mix all ingredients together and then chill and serve with your favorite kind of apples

So yummy!!!

yum! this sounds super good!!! DH wouldn't like it but I sure would! :laughing:

Pretzles. They are very time consuming so I make them once a year on Superbowl Sunday.

Pierogies
Mexican Dip
Enchiladas
lil smokies in bbq sauce
Pasta Salad
Subs
chicken tenders
hot dog bar
I might make a football cake or cupcakes haven't figured it out yet

Go STEELERS:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter