• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What silly thing do you look forward to the most when heading to the World?

Thanks to this wonderful thread, I changed one of my ADRs to a breakfast at Crystal Palace so we can sneak into the park early. My DH said it was ok, except he'll miss seeing the look on my face when the cast members wave and say welcome home! That was the very best part of our recent trip to DL. I just love the smell, no smell like Disney smell (at any park)!

You won't regret it. There is something about the combination of an empty park and cheesy potatoes and makes for a perfect morning. Mmmmmmm...cheesy potatoes...

The voice of the "official WDW narrator" - love to hear him on ME, the buses and monorails.

The music in Epcot!

That is one of my favs too! I heard a similar voice the other day (I can't remember where) I asked my boys if they thought it sounded like him.

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"

It means we are almost there!!

My absolute fav is seeing DS's reactions to everything from rides to characters.
I also LOVE the smell of "Splash Mountain" and the feeling main street brings. I don't get that feeling at any other park...its something about main street and the castle.

The strangest thing that I look forward to is the Pop Century food court. I know I'm home when I'm there! I also fell in love with the peeks peach green tea, I think it is, and I found out that it is not supplied anywhere else, only in WDW! I look forward to everything, but I think that's the silliest!

Sorry to break the bubble - but YES you can buy Peak's peach tea elsewhere - like at Publix groceries. Maybe that is a good thing for you.

Yelling woo hoo when we pass underneath the Disney arch ( this from a 55 yr young grandma-- lol!) hearing welcome home when we go thru the resort gate that first time, hearing take small children by the hand and welcome home, and dancing like a kid during the parades and yelling I love you Mickey!!!

After arriving last night I have a new one. Arriving in the airport and seeing the Disney plush toys for sale!

Everytime we ride the monorail, the whole family (even normally shy/quiet DH) sings the monorail song from the Simpsons...

Monorail, Monorail, MONORAIL....

(Should probably explain to the kids sometime that it isn't actually a Disney song!) :lmao:
OMG!! My DH and DD do that every time we ride the monorail, too!!! :lmao: The trip hasn't truly begun until I hear them sing that to each other.

I love the ambient music at Epcot and the MK. I love standing at the turnstiles at Epcot, waiting to be let in for rope drop, listening to the fantastic Epcot entrance medley, and staring up at Spaceship Earth. I have that music on my iPod, and when I listen to it at home, I can just imagine myself back at the turnstiles again.:cloud9:

I also love the background music at the MK, especially the songs from "Oklahoma". I grew up here in OK, and because my elementary school music teacher played Aunt Eller in the local outdoor production of the show, she taught us those songs in Kindergarten, and we sang them all the way through 6th grade. They are such a reminder of my childhood, and it makes me happy to be walking around Main Street, and hear "Surrey With the Fringe on Top" or "Kansas City".:lovestruc

Driving onto Disney property! When I start seeing the road signs, Disney buses and the monorail, I think I squeal worse than my kids, and I am in my early 40s, tee hee.

:santa:

Everytime we ride the monorail, the whole family (even normally shy/quiet DH) sings the monorail song from the Simpsons...

Monorail, Monorail, MONORAIL....

(Should probably explain to the kids sometime that it isn't actually a Disney song!) :lmao:

I can never get that song out of my head when I think of WDW! And I loved that Simpsons episode. I was singing this the other day, and my DBF asked "oh, Disney?" because I think he's getting tired of the Disney obsession (he's not yet been). I laughed and said "no, Simpsons" - he was surprised.

As for the way I know I'm at Disney, it's the palm trees first. Then, I know for sure once I get under those train tracks, go around the corner, and see the castle sitting in the Florida sun with the smell of bakery goods and popcorn... mmmm

OMG!! My DH and DD do that every time we ride the monorail, too!!! :lmao: The trip hasn't truly begun until I hear them sing that to each other.

I love the ambient music at Epcot and the MK. I love standing at the turnstiles at Epcot, waiting to be let in for rope drop, listening to the fantastic Epcot entrance medley, and staring up at Spaceship Earth. I have that music on my iPod, and when I listen to it at home, I can just imagine myself back at the turnstiles again.:cloud9:

I also love the background music at the MK, especially the songs from "Oklahoma". I grew up here in OK, and because my elementary school music teacher played Aunt Eller in the local outdoor production of the show, she taught us those songs in Kindergarten, and we sang them all the way through 6th grade. They are such a reminder of my childhood, and it makes me happy to be walking around Main Street, and hear "Surrey With the Fringe on Top" or "Kansas City".:lovestruc

Karibeth, I grew up in OK too (Oklahoma City). I learned those songs before I could read I think! :rotfl:

When we are about descending on the plane, my twins always play this crazy game of shaving the palm trees from the window. They think the palm tree trunks need a shave so they pretend to shave them as soon as they become visible.:laughing: I love walking out into the Disney air. I love passing the gates and taking a terribly blurry picture of them. We all chant Old Key West, Old Key West, when we spot the sign then chant Saratoga Springs, Saratoga Springs when we get close to it then we clap when we enter the gates and DH gets really P.O'd if the person at the front gates forgets to welcome us home.:rotfl: My hubby says a really terse welcome home to whom ever forgets and it's so funny to us because he does the same thing at home. He really needs his welcome home!:laughing:

Our first activity each and every trip is heading to MK. My vacation isn't official until I get onto Main St. USA!

- Hearing the train come around for the opening of the MK
- Sitting down late at night and watching the castle change colors
-the sparkling lights in the ground around Spaceship Earth
-"Paging Mr Tom Morrow...."
- seeing a freshly washed Main Street in the morning
-giving away leftover fastpasses to an unsuspecting guest
-closing MK @ 2am on an EMH evening knowing that the next day is a "hang around the resort pool" day.
-this one is a mean tradition, but we always count how long it takes before we hear the first comment from a disgruntled guest in a stand by line complain that "it's awful that Disney allows guests to purchase special passes to go to the head of the line. Don't they feel special." (Yes, knowledge is power my friend...try reading a park guide you dumba$$.)

Mine is that first sip of NesCafe coffee on our first full day. It is NOT good coffee but the taste of it lets me know that my vacation has started and I have a full Disney day ahead of me!

I also love the bathroom at the Splash Mountain exit for no real reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter