What silly thing do you look forward to the most when heading to the World?

I just love the "warm fuzzies" that I get from main street and the castle! The sight, the sounds, the smells, just love it!! :)

I love the monorail... just seeing it makes me smile....and then to hear "please stand clear of the doors"...

My kids play the lets who sees the first Disney sign too. :)

When we arrive at POP, the stroll to the building we are in. I love the music, and the smell. It makes me skip along the sidewalk. :rotfl2:
Can't help it. And if "Dancin' Machine" by the Jackson's is playing....OH WATCH out!!!!! :cool1:

I concur!!!! LOVE the smell of the place!!:love:

For me it is after we land in MCO and taking that monorail over from the air side to the main terminal, then walking down to ME and seeing those happy CMs waiving to us with their huge Mickey hands. Then I really get excited when our line is led out to the buses and that first step onto ME....I know I am back home then.

I too love the Disney Buses.

To me they really signify that I am there. I so want the "bus spiel" for a ringtone on my phone. I have the Monorail spiel and use it occasionally, but to have the bus one.....I would love that.

That man's voice makes me smile and not stop. Doesn't matter whether they are crowded, if I have to stand, if it is a bit late, I love them.

(now that is a silly thing to love about WDW)

I love that when I park the car at CMH, I don't have to drive another foot for the duration of my vacation. I don't really mind driving, but I am the designated rental car driver for my group of friends which means I usually drive the WHOLE vacation. (Extra fun going LA to Vegas in July, ha ha!)

To know that I'm gonna park, get shuttled to the airport, flown to FL, and then shuttled both to & around WDW means my vaca starts as soon as that car is in park! :cool1:

Other than that, just arriving on property -- anywhere on property -- gives me a certain kind of happy I don't get anywhere else. On more than one non-Disney trip to FL we've gone to DTD, because I can't stand being so close and not going! Ha ha!

Not necessarily all encompassing Disney World, but our family loves to see who can spot the first Palm Tree upon landing. That's when we know WE ARE ON VACATION!!!

We drive 16 hours so it's usually evening when we get there. We drop our stuff in our room & head to the food court at POR. I always get a Mickey had rice krispie treat! That screams Disney to me!!

The opening show at Magic Kingdom on our first day in the parks!

The banjo music on the buses to POR.

Screaming like a little girl on Rock n Roller Coaster! My DDs give me so much grief about it but I just can't control it.

ditto the tram at the airport. When you come out of the terminal building on the tram track and see the palm trees...WOW, that's my silly thing.

"por favor, manténgase alejado de las puertas!"

Hearing this just makes it all real for us.:goodvibes

In a close second is that smell on Spaceship Earth. You know the smell -- that smell like somebody just smacked you upside the head with the world's mustiest carpet -- We love that.

I love, love, love being at the parks at rope drop and being in the rush of people going to their first ride of the day with all the CMs waving their giant Mickey hands at everyone. I know some people don't like the morning stampede but I feel excited because I have the whole day ahead of me, everybody is happy, nobody is whiny or tired yet and there is so much potential for pixie dust in the day ahead.

Almost all our WDW trips are in March, at the tail end of a lousy Pa Winter, so that blast of hot, humid air as we de-plane signals the start of festivities for us. As for WDW itself, we always hit the 'ride' shown in the pic below first thing.

Bill From PA

And I love when we get to the Disney World Arch coming in on ME. Makes me cry every time! LOL
Nancy:lovestruc

"por favor, manténgase alejado de las puertas!"

Hearing this just makes it all real for us.:goodvibes

In a close second is that smell on Spaceship Earth. You know the smell -- that smell like somebody just smacked you upside the head with the world's mustiest carpet -- We love that.

Hearing that on the monorail is something we look forward to as well. My husband the T-shirt in October when we were there and was wearing it on Saturday. Made me ready to go back! :goodvibes

I love going from shop to shop in the World Showcase with my DD and buying little chocolates from each country. I don't know why, it's just started becoming "our thing". She even scrapbooks each wrapper.

A bit silly and random - but it's our thing.

When we get on the buses for the first time, my daughter, who has memorized the ENTIRE recorded spiel, will say in perfect unison with the recorded voice, "HELLO and welcome aboard the Walt Disney WOrld transportation system..."

The entire bus (and our family) gets a kick out of it.

I love going from shop to shop in the World Showcase with my DD and buying little chocolates from each country. I don't know why, it's just started becoming "our thing". She even scrapbooks each wrapper.

A bit silly and random - but it's our thing.

A bit silly? Why in the WORLD would you say that? I like it. I like that it's different. I like that you have found something uniquely yours.

Everybody has their "things." Yours is cool.:)

When we get on the buses for the first time, my daughter, who has memorized the ENTIRE recorded spiel, will say in perfect unison with the recorded voice, "HELLO and welcome aboard the Walt Disney WOrld transportation system..."

The entire bus (and our family) gets a kick out of it.

I would like to be able to do that. I am jealous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter