What should I not miss at Grand Floridian with 3 year old girl?

StefR

Earning My Ears
Staying at the GF for the first time in May and hoping to get the most out of our 3 day trip. We will spend 2 days at the park and one day enjoying the pool/hotel. I've read the GF threads but Im wondering those of you who have been often have suggestions for GF highlights we should not miss with a 3 year old girl. We are staying in an outer building club room if that matters.

The movie night looks interesting so I think we will do that one evening. Anything else?

We stayed last year at Bay Lake Tower and it was a big disappointment - the room was run down, the kids pool was not operating, there didn't seem to be any special activities going on as far as I could tell. Im hoping I won't be equally disappointed at the GF.

Staying at the GF for the first time in May and hoping to get the most out of our 3 day trip. We will spend 2 days at the park and one day enjoying the pool/hotel. I've read the GF threads but Im wondering those of you who have been often have suggestions for GF highlights we should not miss with a 3 year old girl. We are staying in an outer building club room if that matters.

The movie night looks interesting so I think we will do that one evening. Anything else?

We stayed last year at Bay Lake Tower and it was a big disappointment - the room was run down, the kids pool was not operating, there didn't seem to be any special activities going on as far as I could tell. Im hoping I won't be equally disappointed at the GF.
The splash pad area near the feature pool looks like fun. A stroll to Polly for a dole whip. Tea for two including special chocolate milk in a teapot for your DD. Who doesn't like tiny little cream puff swans? A monorail ride, just for fun. Wish I was there!

We did the movie on the beach and my kids loved it, as did I. It was a fun way to wind down after a busy park day. They also enjoyed just playing in the sand.

The water pageant is also fun to watch.

My kids also enjoyed the 1900 park fare character meal. I have three boys so not much help with the princess stuff!

On the day we arrived, our room wasn't ready yet so we just hopped on the monorail and took the Epcot loop.

Thanks @skuttle - we already have 1900 Park Fare reservations so that sounds promising.

Do you recall where they show the movies? Wondering how far it will be from the outer building?

Thanks @skuttle - we already have 1900 Park Fare reservations so that sounds promising.

Do you recall where they show the movies? Wondering how far it will be from the outer building?

On the beach near the pool area. So the distance just depends on which outer building you are assigned. The activities guide will also have a list of which movies are being shown during the week so you can plan ahead if there's a specific movie you want to see.

They also do marshmallow roasting at night on the beach area.

Most of the activities also happen around the pool area during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter