what should DH & DS do while we are at Bibbidi?

madysmom

Mouseketeer
Any suggestions for a fun activity for my husband and 8 year old son to do while my daughter and I are at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? My daughter is so excited about it, I want my son to have something special to look forward to as well for that time. If nothing else, he would love to simply shop, but just thought I would see if there are any other great ideas. Thanks in advance!

Your son could get the "knight" treatment at the salon at the same time. The spike & sparkle their hair & give them a shield & sword.
They also could just enjoy some rides in Fantasyland, go over & ride Buzz Lightyear or see the Jedi show in Tomorrowland (you'd have to coordinate salon time with show times)

So many possibilities......your son will probably have some favorite things to do & they could do these while you and your daughter do the girlie thing!!!

Does Main Street have a barber? I think I read something on another forum about boys getting their hair colored (temp) and gel styled in a fun way at the barber shop.

Does Main Street have a barber? I think I read something on another forum about boys getting their hair colored (temp) and gel styled in a fun way at the barber shop.

I think that's at WDW.

The Jedi Training Academy was my first instinct (only works if your daughter isn't interested in it though :) ). Maybe just letting your son pick whatever ride he wants to go on might be fun (though if so I'd recommend you do it early so that your husband probably won't have to wait in really long lines :) ).

I think that's at WDW.

The Jedi Training Academy was my first instinct (only works if your daughter isn't interested in it though :) ). Maybe just letting your son pick whatever ride he wants to go on might be fun (though if so I'd recommend you do it early so that your husband probably won't have to wait in really long lines :) ).

The Jedi Training Academy was my first thought too. If he likes Star Wars maybe they could do a whole star wars themed experience. They could do the JTA, and go on Star Tours and look in the store that has all the star wars stuff. Maybe include a treat (churro or something) just to make it more special.

ESPN Zone is in DTD and has a TON of video games and also a really fantastic rock climbing wall. there's also the lego store.

my boys would never speak to me again if i made them get the "knight treatment", LOL!!! :rotfl2: they'd also be pretty unenthusiastic about getting their hair done.

OMG thank you...the Jedi Training Academy idea is perfect! I love these disboards. How would I find out what times the shows are?

Look on the Disneyland.com site for the calendar & it will list out what entertainment is available each day & times.

I was also going to mention Jedi Training. My DD10 has been lucky enough to be chosen twice.

image449.jpg

Also, maybe your DS8 and DH would enjoy spending some time together at The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in DCA. They can do the rock wall (you don't climb up you go across (make sure they wear closed toe shoes.). DS can do the zip line (Smoke Jumpers), both can run around in the nets, etc. A great place to burn off some energy. Just the 2 guys.

Oh, BTW, there is a Barber Shop on Main St. They do add things to hair (gel, color, etc.) as well as doing cuts. They are located just past the Firehouse (in Town Square) next the the Emporium.

Added-I thought of another possibility. At Animation Academy, In DCA, they do a Animation Drawing Class on the hour and half hour. If your son is at all interested in learning how to draw one of the Disney characters, this might be a good idea for your DS and DH do together. It maybe too hard for your DD5 to do. The first character they do is Mickey Mouse. I believe the first class starts one hour after the park opens. You get to keep the drawing you do. Sometimes you can find the character you drew to sign your picture. :) After the class one of the animators can usually give you a rubberband to roll up your drawing. The class takes about 15-20 mins. Afterwards they could ride Tower of Terror (if it's a busy day at the parks they should grab FP before they do AA. By the time the class is over, it'll probably be time to ride it.

HAVE FUN!

Oh, BTW, there is a Barber Shop on Main St. They do add things to hair (gel, color, etc.) as well as doing cuts. They are located just past the Firehouse (in Town Square) next the the Emporium.

This is at WDW isn't it? Unless they just added it to DL?

I say they go to Ridemakerz in DTD. DH and DS had a blast!!!! Check our their website www.ridemakerz.com. If you son likes cars he will love it. Think of Build A Bear but you build a car instead.

This is at WDW isn't it? Unless they just added it to DL?

Yes, that's what I was going to say too.

I say they go to Ridemakerz in DTD. DH and DS had a blast!!!! Check our their website www.ridemakerz.com. If you son likes cars he will love it. Think of Build A Bear but you build a car instead.

Thanks for the description! We've walked by it a few times but didn't stop to see what it was exactly. What a great store to have at DTD since it seems like most of the "experiences" at DLR are aimed at girls. Looks a little pricey but it sounds like fun!

Yes, that's what I was going to say too.

Thanks for the description! We've walked by it a few times but didn't stop to see what it was exactly. What a great store to have at DTD since it seems like most of the "experiences" at DLR are aimed at girls. Looks a little pricey but it sounds like fun!

They do have it at DL now and it is the only one on the west coast. Full cars start at $15 and accessories are anywhere from $2 on up. A "kit" to accessorize your car is from $10-$12.......pretty much the same price as a Build a Bear with clothes. ;)

The accessories are pretty cool because they are interchangeable with those from another car. So DH and DS can switch out engines, wheels, etc. We opted not to have ours done in remote control form as it was a little pricey.

They do have it at DL now and it is the only one on the west coast. Full cars start at $15 and accessories are anywhere from $2 on up. A "kit" to accessorize your car is from $10-$12.......pretty much the same price as a Build a Bear with clothes. ;)

The accessories are pretty cool because they are interchangeable with those from another car. So DH and DS can switch out engines, wheels, etc. We opted not to have ours done in remote control form as it was a little pricey.

Those prices don't sound too bad. I took a quick look at the website and all I saw were prices starting around $27 which i thought seemed like a bit much for the basic car before accessories. $15 sounds much better.

Look on the Disneyland.com site for the calendar & it will list out what entertainment is available each day & times.

Do you know how far in advance they post the event times on this site? I found the information, but it appears they only go a couple of months in advance. We will be there in early July. I wonder how booked they get with the BBB appointments???

Again, many thanks. :-)

Do you know how far in advance they post the event times on this site? I found the information, but it appears they only go a couple of months in advance. We will be there in early July. I wonder how booked they get with the BBB appointments???

Again, many thanks. :-)

DLR calendar is posted about 6 weeks in advance. The good news is that I believe you can only book BBB 30 days in advance so you should be fine in figuring out the schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter