What shoes do your kids wear at the parks?

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
What shoes do you put your kids in at the parks? I was going to buy them all a new pair of Crocs. My kids hate wearing sneakers, if they could go bare foot everywhere they would lol;) I figured Crocs were a good in between. They'll get the support they need and but still have air flowing on their feet so they won't get sweaty and uncomfortable.

Fair warning: Crocs are super slippery on wet surfaces. My husband and son have both had bad spills down stairs wearing crocs. We still have some pairs, we are just very careful about when we wear them.

My kid usually wears sneakers and double socks to the parks. If he were to wear sandals, I think a pair of keens would be the direction we'd go. Structurally, they are pretty much just a sandal-like athletic shoe.

What shoes do you put your kids in at the parks? I was going to buy them all a new pair of Crocs. My kids hate wearing sneakers, if they could go bare foot everywhere they would lol;) I figured Crocs were a good in between. They'll get the support they need and but still have air flowing on their feet so they won't get sweaty and uncomfortable.

My DD2 I put in sneakers and crocs. My DS1 he wore sneakers some but he hates shoes so we put him in crocs for most of the trip so he could take them off while chillin in the stroller. As long as they are broken in the kids should be fine :)

Mine are 2 and 4 and I'm not planning anything different than they wear everyday, but they will both be in a stroller for the majority of the walking. Anyway, they both have vans slip ons, one has a pair of toms, and they both have keen sandals. I hear crocs are very comfortable but have never used them.

Tennis shoes you are going going to do a lot of walking the more padding the better. I wear walking shoes I do very well.

DS wore Crocs when he was younger, but then switched to New Balance sneakers to be like his dad. Now, after I started wearing Keens to the park, he decided he wanted a pair of those. He LOVES them.

kids are 9 & 11. They will probably be wearing Nike running shoes or water shoes depending on the weather.

My son usually alternates between Crocs and sneakers. On our last trip, however, he ended up wearing the Crocs most of the time.

The only time we went with the kids it was December and one of them wore Keens and the other wore Old Navy knock offs of Keens. I'd opt for some kind of closed toe sandal if it's warm enough. We've never owned Crocs.

DD isn't a fan of sneakers either so she tours the parks in Stride Rite sandals, either fisherman or open toe - we bring both with us. They've never caused any issues (blisters, "my feet hurt", etc).

Our kids wear Keen sandals. They work great! The front rubber keeps their toes from getting stubbed. They can get them wet and they dry quick. The kids like them better than crocs since they can run on a wet surface and don't slip. We don't buy the cheap Keens that are all rubber. We did that once and they got blisters. We tried tennis shoes but they kept getting them wet on rides or at the cool off fun stations.

Keens, Converse, and/or flexible, supportive sneakers. We have Pediped sneakers right now but will probably buy DD a pair of Nikes next since she is very interested in running.

My son usually alternates between Crocs and sneakers. On our last trip, however, he ended up wearing the Crocs most of the time.

Us too. Both my DD's and I have always worn either Crocs or tennis shoes. My DD's have even worn flip flops w/o any problems but I would NOT recommend that!

Keens or flip flops. Usually whatever shoes they have been wearing.

I try to not bring sneakers since its so hot and I want their stinky feet to get circulation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter