What park on easter sunday?

twinboysandalulu

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney for Easter break, 4/15-4/22. I am prepared for it to be super crowded and busy and know we will make the best of it! This is our 1st trip without park hoppers, we only used it once during our September trip so we decided to go without this trip and see how it is, we can always add it if necessary. I have the few dining reservations that we wanted(none are inside of parks) and I have tentative plans ready for when I make our fast passes on Monday am. I still can't decide which park to do on Easter Sunday, Epcot, MK or AK. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

MK will be the "fullest" and the most likely to "close" to further admissions (at some level) due to overcrowding.
(MK's parking lot will likely fill and close rather early on Easter.)

Epcot will in no way be "full" as it can hold a MASSIVE number of guests.
But, Epcot's ATTRACTIONS will be very, very busy.

DAK and DHS will likely be the least busy, but expect DHS' Fantasmic! (at least the first performance, if they run more than one) to be very busy.

we will be there too, my question is when are they going to post the Easter events, Parades, Egg Hunt etc.

The only parade is the "regular" one (Festival of Fantasy) at MK at 3 O'Clock.
BUT, expect there to be a special "pre-parade" (very short, very small) that features some dancers in Easter outfits
along with Mr. & Mrs. Easter bunny.
That pre-parade will likely not be "listed" but expect it to happen within a half-hour before FoF.

:welcome: to the DIS boards, BunnyDiva!

We have been a few times over Easter because that has been school break and while it has been crowded we have always had a great time and you have the right attitude, and as a plus the weather has always been great so you can safely plan pool time and the parks have longer hours than during quiet periods. We have never done park hoppers either. As others have said, you do not want to go to MK on Easter Sunday, we have done Epcot or DHS in the past. On Easter Sunday as with the rest of the week just be there for rope drop and have Fastpasses booked and figure that even with rope drop you might only get onto one big attraction before lines start to build so plan Fastpasses for after that. We tended to book the morning, go back to resort middday, and then return late afternoon/evening having booked additional Fastpasses after using up our morning ones.

we have done DHS on Easter sunday before or hung back at a resort. I would guess that AK would be a good choice too. We will arrive the 17th this year!

Unlike the other posters, I have done mk on Easter Sunday, 2015 to be exact. We arrived late afternoon, around 4-5, had no lines at the front gate, had our fp's and were able to get a few more when those ran out. We had a wonderful dinner at Tony's with reservations, watched fireworks from Main Street and watched the parade without too many crowds. The park was open until 1am, so we stayed the whole time. My teens even were able to ride big thunder multiple times at closing without having to get off the train. We had a great day! Everything is going to be busy, i think it just depends on what you want to do & how your attitude is towards the crowds. Have a great trip!

The only parade is the "regular" one (Festival of Fantasy) at MK at 3 O'Clock.
BUT, expect there to be a special "pre-parade" (very short, very small) that features some dancers in Easter outfits
along with Mr. & Mrs. Easter bunny.
That pre-parade will likely not be "listed" but expect it to happen within a half-hour before FoF.

:welcome: to the DIS boards, BunnyDiva!

thanks! and thanks for the warm welcome. as they say First time Long time. Love this site!

Thanks for all the advice! We ended up picking Epcot for Easter Sunday but I made our fast passes for later in the day. We are staying at the cabins and have a brunch at 12:15 at our resort. I figure we will hang out at the resort, eat and then head to epcot later on. From what I have read about the previous years the resorts have some easter activities, now to research those!

We did AK last year on Easter and then returned to our resort in time for the Easter Egg hunt as well as pics with Mickey & Minnie in their Easter costumes. It was a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter