what others rave about and you just dont get it

I booked Le Cellier tonight for our trip in April...We are ranchers, so I eat the best, aged to perfection, certified Angus steaks at home. (We actually breed the cattle for the tenderness and flavor and ultrasound test them each year for marbling and ribeye size.) I was looking forward to getting a GREAT steak in Orlando, at Le Cellier, after reading all of the rave reviews...this makes me rethink using my two TS credits...:eek: I've been trying to score a reservation at that place for 4 years, and finally decided to just blow the two DDP credits...and pay OP for our meal the next day...OH, the horror of making a decision!

I'm underwhelmed with Animal Kingdom (again, rancher, not too impressed with caged animals, I see those everyday at home). If we didn't have Park Hopper, I'd think we would just skip AK..but Everest and Dinosaur are worth it for us!

We've had 3 meals at Le Cellier and only once would I call the steak truly delicious. The other times the steaks were not as good as Outback. If you're expecting food on par with Ruth's Chris, you'll be disappointed. Not worth 2 credits although no Disney restaurant is worth 2 credits. Le Cellier does have a wonderful ambiance and the wait staff has always been gracious. Everyone's taste is different and you might love it. If there is nowhere else you want to use that extra credit, I would say give it a whirl.

I booked Le Cellier tonight for our trip in April...We are ranchers, so I eat the best, aged to perfection, certified Angus steaks at home. (We actually breed the cattle for the tenderness and flavor and ultrasound test them each year for marbling and ribeye size.) I was looking forward to getting a GREAT steak in Orlando, at Le Cellier, after reading all of the rave reviews...this makes me rethink using my two TS credits...:eek: I've been trying to score a reservation at that place for 4 years, and finally decided to just blow the two DDP credits...and pay OP for our meal the next day...OH, the horror of making a decision!

I'm underwhelmed with Animal Kingdom (again, rancher, not too impressed with caged animals, I see those everyday at home). If we didn't have Park Hopper, I'd think we would just skip AK..but Everest and Dinosaur are worth it for us!

While I am not a rancher we get great grass fed beef locally and I am usually disappointed/underwhelmed by steaks that I order in restaurants so I now tend to go to restaurants where they offer things I cannot get or make at home.
You will likely have to go and decide yourself but I have seen several threads with reviews that indicate the steak is not great.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ARAITHEL said:

You can walk to the Yacht Club from Epcot to eat at Yachtsman Steakhouse. The Dining experience IMO is 10x better and so is the steak!

But you have me seriously wondering my EP dining choices:

Coral Reef--Giving it a 2nd try (last one was 13 yrs ago--so youngest DS hasn't been there)

Le Cellier--always heard people fuss about it & b/c I lived in the Chicagoland area & can get great food of every ethnicity imaginable we've always felt the dinners at EP were ok to poor. Except for Rose & Crown, but DS hates the smell of malt vinegar & swears going there every trip is torture.

Both Coral Reef and Le Cellier are on the top of my families trip every year. We literally plan our trip around those 2 places every trip and it never disappoints us and we are also from the chicagoland area so I totally get what you mean by that. I don't get why people are dissing le cellier spot much personally. I get why people would be annoyed with the pricing (we happened to be there literally the day before the pricing and menu change and were very relieved) and I also get that everybody has their own tastes but for me personally I don't think it deserves this much dislike. btw this is aimed at all the le cellier haters and isn't directed at you so please don't feel like this is just about you.

You can walk to the Yacht Club from Epcot to eat at Yachtsman Steakhouse. The Dining experience IMO is 10x better and so is the steak!

Totally agree, Yachtsman Steakhouse is the best.... Far superior to Le Cellier....

Le Cellier is just a glorified Ponderosa .... Wouldn't waste my time, money or credits... Plus they jam too many people in the dining area!!!

Does anyone else find this thread maddening?

I see a distinction between not liking something and not "getting" something. One means, it doesn't suit your preference. The other means you don't understand something. Such a distinction doesn't exist in this thread.

Carry on with the madness!

Does anyone else find this thread maddening?

I see a distinction between not liking something and not "getting" something. One means, it doesn't suit your preference. The other means you don't understand something. Such a distinction doesn't exist in this thread.

Carry on with the madness!

Not one other person in all 38 pages of this thread seems confused by it, so maybe YOU "just don't get it." :).

Not one other person in all 38 pages of this thread seems confused by it, so maybe YOU "just don't get it." :).

I've read several posts in this thread where people have questioned what a previous poster didn't get about a certain attraction, restaurant or amenity.

I've read several posts in this thread where people have questioned what a previous poster didn't get about a certain attraction, restaurant or amenity.

Okay...they've been having a lighthearted debate over things they like or don't like. You had nothing to add to the conversation, other than saying that the whole post is "maddening." So move on....you don't have to read it. There are about 100 posts a day that would make me crazy to sit and read. You know what I do with those? Skip them.

Deep breath...I don't get most of the results of BBB. I just think little girls look strange with makeup and hair pulled into a tight, uncomfortable bun. Princess dresses are adorable, but getting totally "dolled up" just seems weird.

Flame suit on.

Almost forgot...50's Prime Time. To be honest, we've never eaten there...we are afraid! I don't think my meek family would be able to enjoy their meal if faced with even the slightest possibility of being force fed or having to stand in the corner. I think my husband would tell someone to *bleep* off and we'd have to leave. Too bad...the decor actually looks like the kitchen his mom used to have! They should have a non-harassment section for weenies like us!!!!

If you want to try it go ahead and let your server know you don't want to participate in the antics and it shouldn't be a problem. I would also tell the host or hostess at the check in podium.

Animal Kingdom-I mean it's pretty and all but doesn't really have anything that pulls me in. So we've skipped that park on our last 2 trips.:confused3

Turkey Legs-It's great if you like them, but blech IMHO!

Imagination-now that they ruined it.:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Mission Space-Great if you are interested in space and always wanted to be an astronaut or whatever, but I'd rather not spin around take G forces and :sick:. Which would grant me useless and wasting my money in the theme parks for the next few days or whatever.

Peter Pan-It's okay and fun if you have like little to no wait but no way am I waiting in line for more than 20 mins for it. Same goes for Winnie the Pooh.:confused3

It's a Small World-I can see going on it if you have kids or first timers with you, but otherwise, NO. It's just too traumatizing and that song...."it's the same old song, it's the same stupid song..." lol.:rotfl: *puts on flame suit*

I'll probably take heat for this too...:duck:
The GF. IDK it's great if you can afford to stay there and you like it. But I've been there a few times and just feel uncomfortable. It just seems very :snooty: to me. I'm a classy gal, I just wouldn't ever stay there. Even though, I do think it's a beautiful resort
I think that's all..

Le Cellier (pardon my spelling)-too dark
Tower of Terror-(pardon my lunch in your lap)
School Bread - yuck
Pecos Bill-dry burgers and kids with their fingers in the "fixin's bar"
Hoop de Doo- ok for 1 TS but not 2- corny and bad food, whats up with the strawberry short cake and not one for each person?

Can I ask why you think the monorail should be torn down? I understand not getting excited to ride it like others, but it's an easy form of transportation between Epcot/MK/the monorail resorts. Unless you mean that with the intention of building something else?

I just think it's a relic of 1960s thinking. Looks like Tomorrowland did before its retro upgrade. Supposedly every major city in the world was going to have an extensive monorail system in place by the 1980s.

Other than the more than occasional hiccups, I realize the monorail is a pretty efficient method of moving people around Disney. It works well enough for its limited purpose.

I doubt Disney will ever remove it unless it becomes too problematic or too expensive to operate and maintain. I suppose they'd use busses if that ever happens.

If they ever do decide to tear it down, they should implode it in some spectacular fashion and charge people to watch. Logistics be damned!!

Jim

TIW I cannot get the price to stack up against the savings. But maybe it depends on how many dining and if you eat a lot at Disney. Only 2 of us and we dine both on and off world. So to be fair maybe I just don't get it for us... :-)

The big one for me is Test Track. It just does nothing for me. We did it once since it re opened and now we can skip it on future visits.

Peter Pan-It's okay and fun if you have like little to no wait but no way am I waiting in line for more than 20 mins for it. Same goes for Winnie the Pooh.:confused3

I'll probably take heat for this too...:duck:
The GF. IDK it's great if you can afford to stay there and you like it. But I've been there a few times and just feel uncomfortable. It just seems very :snooty: to me. I'm a classy gal, I just wouldn't ever stay there. Even though, I do think it's a beautiful resort
I think that's all..

I agree about Peter Pan. My daughter and hubby like it, but I just don't get the fuss over that ride. I'd much rather do It's A Small World, Winnie the Pooh, or any number of others. :confused3

I agree about the GF too. I'd honestly rather stay at Pop Century than GF. And I'd definitely choose Poly, CR, WL, or AKL over it any day. We found it to be stuffy and lacking in personality. Felt the same way about Boardwalk. We much prefer the themey resorts because those seem more authentically Disney and what we're looking for in a Disney vacation.

Here are my personal ones:

IASW - creepy, creepy dolls
AK - there's really nothing spectacular there for me
Wishes - I know how beloved it is - just don't get the fascination at all
Le Cellier - eh, way overrated
Turkey Legs - just can't over the visual when people are eating them - :crazy2:

But hey - to each his/her own - this is why Disney is so awesome - there is something there for everyone!

OHANA DINNER. I just dont get it. :duck: It was incredibly disappointing. I wouldnt even consider it good! Slimy wings, poor quality beef, dry pot stickers. Horrendous pork. blah! When I hear ppl say its the best restaurant on property, I have to wonder...how?? :confused3 :confused:

Le Cellier - so over rated.

Dole Whip - Its nothing spectacular. I like the citrus swirl better.

I agree about Peter Pan. My daughter and hubby like it, but I just don't get the fuss over that ride. I'd much rather do It's A Small World, Winnie the Pooh, or any number of others. :confused3

I agree about the GF too. I'd honestly rather stay at Pop Century than GF. And I'd definitely choose Poly, CR, WL, or AKL over it any day. We found it to be stuffy and lacking in personality. Felt the same way about Boardwalk. We much prefer the themey resorts because those seem more authentically Disney and what we're looking for in a Disney vacation.

Wait, what? You'd rather do Its A Small World than Peter Pan?? Different strokes I guess, i'd rather sit in my room all day staring at snow on the TV than do Its A Small World. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter