• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What of you think of the new CS dining plan?

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

<font color=darkorchid>How can you not look? They'
According to WDWMagic.com:

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that beginning January 11 2009 , Disney will introduce a new Counter Service Dining Plan, which will give guests two quick-service meals and two snacks for each night of their stay in a Disney resort hotel, plus a refillable drink mug for unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages at Disney resort hotels.

Does anyone have more info on this? Cost?

sounds good for a lot of people; all those who don't like having to stick to a schedule & don't like taking time out of park touring to travel to TS locations...but I think we'll stay with the basic plan cuz we really enjoy one table service a day. Makes a nice break.

I could see using the CS option on a short trip, say 3 nights, when you'd would want total flexibility on meal times & places. And you wouldn't want to spend 2-3 hours doing a table service restaurant (assuming some extra travel time to get to & from TS location.)

I guess it depends on the price.

If it is reasonable I could see a lot of people going for it.

I think this could be a good option for those who don't like to plan meals ahead of time or those with young children who don't want to deal with young kids in a restaurant. Or who don't want to spend the time to take for a sit down meal. It might have been something we would have been interested in when DD was younger - she didn't really learn to behave in a restaurant until she was 6 or 7 so we did mostly counter service or cooked at our resort (Fort Wilderness back then). Nothing we would be interested in now since we enjoy one leisurely meal per day at a sit down and the DDE works best for us.

For us, it depends on the price. This might be a real bargain. Who knows?

I think that the CS offerings would get really really old if staying for more than 3 or 4 days. As to whether or not it's a good value, has anyone actually read what the US price is going to be?? :confused:

Any bets on if this takes the place for the free dining option next year if they offer it?:rolleyes1

Any bets on if this takes the place for the free dining option next year if they offer it?:rolleyes1

Ah, very interesting idea ;) , especially the way Disney is cutting costs lately.

I read somewhere the price was $26. Can't verify it, hto.

herc.

This plan would be a very good deal for me if I could exchange 2 or 3 CS meals for a TS meal. I stay in OKW and eat a lot meals in the room.

This plan would be a very good deal for me if I could exchange 2 or 3 CS meals for a TS meal. I stay in OKW and eat a lot meals in the room.

I doubt they will let you do that since they aren't letting people do that now with the regular dining plans.

After I read the article, personally I was more inrtigued by the idea of new PotC rooms at CBR. I may have to think about staying there again... I'm also excited aboutt he prospect that OTHER resorts might get cool makeovers in the next few years...

I dont know if I think its worth it to me.

6 people in 2 value rooms $207 a night total in value season and then pay $156 on top of that for the CS meal plan would be $363. I DO get the magic of staying on site but this is no deal for us............I dont even think it would be worth if for us if it was free being as we have 4 teenagers and really need more space. Right now they are happy about staying on site ONLY because of the dining plan. THey DO love those restaurants!!!! But if it werent for the food they would certainly pick a timeshare off site.

I don't think this is replacing the dining plan that they offer now. I think it's in addition to it.

I think this could be a good option for those who don't like to plan meals ahead of time or those with young children who don't want to deal with young kids in a restaurant.

This is us. With 2 little ones, the thought of doing a sit down meal once a day is NOT very appealing!

I think that the CS offerings would get really really old if staying for more than 3 or 4 days.

The great thing about Disney is they have SO many places that do CS that you really can get a fairly good variety. Especailly if you go to Epcot! We did it for 9 days in April.

I am actually kinda excited about it because I would love to Pre Pay our meals but until our youngest is at least 3 or 4 I would not want to do the sit downs. (not everyday) Wether or not it is a value has yet to be seen. I have a print out from our last trip so i can add exactly what we spent last time adn see if it is a deal or not.(for us)

Jackie

Good option for people who want to pre-pay but don't want to follow a schedule. It is something we personally will never use as we do not like counter service meals.

I might actually work for us.

We normally stay at CSR and Pepper Market is more like a TS than a CS anyway. We also love the different options for CS at Epcot.

I guess wait and see what the price point is going to be.:confused3

I might actually work for us.

We normally stay at CSR and Pepper Market is more like a TS than a CS anyway. We also love the different options for CS at Epcot.

I guess wait and see what the price point is going to be.:confused3

I'm honestly thinking that if you planned your CS meals well, this could work great. Think of CS places as TS places and have them all picked out ahead of time. Otherwise, there's a good chance that all the CS credits will be used on grabbing the standard burger and fries. This might work for us too since we are only going four nights. I'm really curious to see how much it costs and if there are other options going to be released as well.

Think of CS places as TS places and have them all picked out ahead of time.

This is exactly what we do. I printed out the menus of all the CS places and we high lighted items we would like to try. It helped to keep us from eating the same old stuff.

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter