What Longhouse Should I Request (Read First!)

Maukey

Mouseketeer
Okay, my family and I are all set to check-in on April 29 :cool1:. However, I'm still indecisive on what Longhouse I want to request.

Here's the deal, I'm really hoping, but not banking, on a free upgrade to a MK View;). In this case I would love to be in Tahiti. The thing is, I have a Garden View booked and I hear that Tokelau is better for that. I've seen on Tikiman's site that if you request/receive a room on the side of Tokelau facing the Quiet Pool, you'll actually have a side view of the Castle.

I guess what I'm getting at is, I'm afraid that if I request Tokelau and get the free upgrade to a MK View, I won't have Tahiti, the best MK View plus Double Vanity. But if I request Tahiti and the Disney Magic of a free upgrade doesn't happen, I won't have the best Garden View possible. I guess I just feel that requesting Tahiti gives me a better chance of getting the free upgrade in that longhouse, but at the same time hurts my chances of getting Tokelau if I get a Garden View.

I'm still confused, help me out:confused3.

popcorn:: Is it common to get upgrades at Poly? We are staying there for 2 nights before our DVC stay at BCV and I have no idea where to request. We are booked in a garden view too. I didn't realize some of the long houses have double vanities why is that???

I stayed in Tokelau at the Poly and thought that it was a wonderful location. I would have loved a MK view but could not justify the expense.

I have never gotten an upgrade although you see on the boards that they do happen. I think that we hear of the :wizard::wizard: far more than the experiences of those who have gotten what they asked and paid for. I would suggest that if you really want a MK view you should book that, if not book the location that you would be happy in and hope for a little bit of luck. That way you will not begin your vacation feeling like you were let down.

I have stayed in Tokelau, on the quiet pool side, but down towards Hawaii. We didn't see the Castle at all, but did have a peek at the lagoon, off towards the GF. I don't think there really are any rooms, that aren't preferred, that give you a view of the Castle. There are some rooms, at the very end of Tokelau, that can give you a shot off towards the Castle. Just because of the way Tokelau is situated gives it few options for a Castle view.
I know that when I booked the Polynesian, I wanted Tahiti. But, it wasn't an option for me because they were using it as the concierge building becasue Hawaii was being rehabbed at that time. I don't think the garden views are 'bad' at Tahiti. I also didn't think they were all that wonderful at Tokelau. If it were me, I would book Tahiti and hope for the best.

As others have said, getting a free upgrade is very unlikely. It seems from reading the boards that nearly everyone gets an upgrade, but I've never gotten one in 19 trips! So the best bet is to ask for what you want in the category you have booked, and if you get upgraded, great!

You can also state that your preference is Tokelau, quiet pool side, or Tahiti. That way, the assignor knows that Tahiti is your second choice.

We've stayed in Tokelau, on the quiet pool side, and were very pleased with our room location. I didn't have a view of the castle, though.

I always stay in either Tahiti garden view or Rapa Nui. Both are quiet and just a stones throw from the TTC by walkway. It's great to walk right into your building from TTC walkway after a long day. It is nice and quiet and both are newer blds having balconies, double vanities and wider hallways. However, if staying at Rapa Nui, must get rooms facing Tahiti or you may be glimpsing the parking lot. Have stayed in Tokelau but I believe this is older bld with smaller single vanity bathroom. Both pool and GCH only a short walk from the eastern longhouses but there is no noise from pool or luau. Serenity.

We've stayed in Tahiti, Tokelau and Fiji. Tahiti was great for the convenience to TTC. Our garden view room overlooked the trees/paths in front of the building (beautiful). Tokelau was nice becuase we were right next to the Quiet Pool (with a view of the pool). With the Fiji room we did receive an upgrade to a lagoon view. The view was great, but I liked the location of Tokelau better. That's why we requested it again for the next trip.

There are many more garden view rooms than MK views so about 99.98% chance you won't get upgraded to a limited room. If you want a nicer view than garden then pay for it.

Well, I can't vouch for the upgrades (didn't get one and never have in 12+ trips) and I can't vouch for Tokelau vs Tahiti but what I can say is that our garden view in Tahiti was lovely. We had a very nice view of the rounds and no view of a parking lot. It was a short walk to the TTC so that was nice.

I was more worried about getting my balcony request met than anything else for our Poly stay. If I was dead set on a view of the castle, I would have paid for it, however, if I hadn't gotten a balcony to enjoy that would have been a big bummer for me!

if you really want the MK view, I'd say upgrade & pay for it. I'd put in a request for MK view, Tahiti -- we had that, top floor. Was fabulous view from the balcony. And we loved being so close to the TTC - no more than a 5 minute walk. Was actually a longer walk to the monorail in the main building. But it was also very peaceful in Tahiti facing the MK because you had no "traffic" going by. If you seriously want the MK view, though, ask for the top floor -- some of the MK views are at least partially blocked by trees and foliage.

We've been to MK 7 times - only one upgrade in all that time, and that was on a short mid-week trip in slow season/January - so slow I think the hotel was at least 1/2 empty at the time, so I wouldn't put too much hope on a free upgrade. if it happens, it's wonderfulpixiedust: but have a great time no matter what!:banana::woohoo::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter