What kind of CLEAT pedals do they have in the SPIN classes of the MAGIC?

MrINNOCENT

Earning My Ears
Is it the 2 hole SPD cleats or the "Triangular" cleats? We are sailing on the MAGIC next month and we're trying to pack the correct type of riding shoes+ cleat combo. Thanks in advance for your reply....

Yes, I've only seen the foot cages. I've cruised on the Magic, Wonder and Fantasy. Hope you have a very "MAGICAL" cruise!

I'll have to consider going to a Spin class. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Make sure you go to the sign up sheet 24 hours in advance ON THE NOSE. They fill up very fast. I tried to sign up at around noon for spin class the next morning at 8 and not only were all 10 slots full, but there was a wait list of 12 people! The next day, I went and signed up at 8:05 for the 8 AM class the following day and there were already 7 people signed up! They are only offered on sea days or days with a late port arrival (for example, we had one on the day we arrived into Ketchikan at 11:15).

They have the cages on one side and the clip style on the other side. I saw a gentleman wearing his cycling shoes in class and had to give him props for dedication. I don't think I could pack cycling shoes just for a couple spin classes! I only went twice, though, just because I wanted to give other people a chance since it was so popular. I ran on deck four the other days of my trip.

I want to say SPD, but I'm not sure. They are "Life Fitness" brand if you want to try to Google.

I did spinning on last cruise, and there weren't cleat locks (this was on the Wonder). While the earlier spin classes filled up quickly, towards the end of our cruise, my husband and I were the only people who were in the class.

I did spinning on last cruise, and there weren't cleat locks (this was on the Wonder). While the earlier spin classes filled up quickly, towards the end of our cruise, my husband and I were the only people who were in the class.

I was on the Wonder two weeks ago. Once of the people in spin class had cycling shoes with cleats on and clipped in. They are on the reverse side of the cage so you probably didn't even notice them. The little straps are upside down on the bottom if you're wearing the shoes with cleats, if that makes sense.

I just finished a 7-day cruise on the Magic. I clipped in with my cycling shoes, which have an SPD cleat. Just like at the gym... the clip is on the opposite side of the pedal from the shoe cage.

Just speaking to the other observations in this thread... For the Western Caribbean cruise, there were two spin classes offered, one on each sea day. They started at 9:15 am. We signed up first thing after boarding (they allowed sign ups for both classes at the beginning of the cruise). Although both classes were full with a wait list, the instructor filled the first class by soliciting folks already in the gym, as three bikes were empty. On the second sea day, only two of us showed up, and someone else jumped in last minute when he saw how empty the class was. I think there might have been 10-12 cycles. So, even though the classes were booked, there was still space because some folks on my cruise didn't turn out for each session.

I just finished a 7-day cruise on the Magic. I clipped in with my cycling shoes, which have an SPD cleat. Just like at the gym... the clip is on the opposite side of the pedal from the shoe cage.

Just speaking to the other observations in this thread... For the Western Caribbean cruise, there were two spin classes offered, one on each sea day. They started at 9:15 am. We signed up first thing after boarding (they allowed sign ups for both classes at the beginning of the cruise). Although both classes were full with a wait list, the instructor filled the first class by soliciting folks already in the gym, as three bikes were empty. On the second sea day, only two of us showed up, and someone else jumped in last minute when he saw how empty the class was. I think there might have been 10-12 cycles. So, even though the classes were booked, there was still space because some folks on my cruise didn't turn out for each session.
Thanks for posting this, I'll be sure to bring my shoes now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter