What kind of bag do you carry in the parks?

Croakies work well

Don't remember that entire thread about the TM stating to look down but guess it worked as others in the thread explained it worked for them

With the lanyards can you have one of those larger waterproof ones that hold your phone on the rides?

Yes as long as you don't go on a ride that has metal detectors

Phones can't be taken on some coasters

A really small cheap cross body bag of no name origin I found on Amazon. My ID, credit card, cash, phone, disposable poncho, sunscreen stick. I have not been to Uni but this is what I did for Disney and Six Flags. I forgot to bring this week when we were at a small kids amusement park and was cursing my normal sized purse.

croakies work great!
If nothing else they give me piece of mind! Ive never had them fly off of my face and need them.. but I also don't want to be blind half of my vacation. I wouldn't be able to get home!!! I'd have to call PC or Bluer to save me or something. (they're both in FL right?) haha

If nothing else they give me piece of mind! Ive never had them fly off of my face and need them.. but I also don't want to be blind half of my vacation. I wouldn't be able to get home!!! I'd have to call PC or Bluer to save me or something. (they're both in FL right?) haha

That's what I figure - piece of mind. I CANNOT lose my glasses since I need to drive back to NJ to get home from our trip! Hoping the croakies do the trick. It will be nice to be able to see on the rides!

What is the maximum bag size that Universal will allow on the rides that do not have metal detectors? We usually carry a large backpack for Disney but I know I read that Universal is much stricter with bags on rides. Is free ice water provided throughout the UO parks like Disney? Are snacks allowed to be brought in?

That's what I figure - piece of mind. I CANNOT lose my glasses since I need to drive back to NJ to get home from our trip! Hoping the croakies do the trick. It will be nice to be able to see on the rides!
When I was a kid I always took my glasses off for fear. One summer I got contacts and realized how much I was missing... Did you know rockin roller coaster at Disney has more than blurry lights?! And at Tower of terror you can see the WHOLE park? :magnify::rotfl2:
Now I won't ride the rides without being able to see because it's so much more fun. Except space mountain... It's way less fun when you can see how close you are to other track :earseek:
I had the contact experience before I ever went to universal though. I do wear contacts during the day at universal so I can wear my sunglasses. Then take those out in the evening and wear my glasses. I've ridden everything with my glasses and not had a problem but if yours fall off sitting at your desk... Good luck! Let us know how it works out so we can better inform people later on

What is the maximum bag size that Universal will allow on the rides that do not have metal detectors? We usually carry a large backpack for Disney but I know I read that Universal is much stricter with bags on rides. Is free ice water provided throughout the UO parks like Disney? Are snacks allowed to be brought in?
Jen,
You have to put all bags in a locker at any ride that provides lockers and you must put everything (even pocket stuffs) in a locker at rides with metal detectors. The only bags I've seen --sometimes-- get past on locker rides are attached fanny packs.
Metal Detector rides:
Rip Ride Rockit (RRR)
Dragon Challenge
Hulk(When it opens back up.)
Other locker, but no metal detector rides:
MIB
Gringotts
Mummy
Forbidden Journey
..... I still feel like I'm missing one. Maybe it's because I pay for a locker on the water rides.

All other rides you can take your bags. I've taken a normal backpack down to a tiny hipster or sling backpack like I posted earlier. I highly recommend a lanyard if you will be staying on site and/or have express pass. You'll need them almost constantly when boarding rides.

On water: yes, all carts and restaurants will provide you with free ice water. There are also fountains and some of the restaurants have started putting up water canisters with fruit infused water. They are very small cups which annoys me so I bring my old red cup for refills of soda and coke. If you purchase a freestyle cup while you are there you will also get free water refills at any cart or restaurant. They'll even wash out your cup for you if you ask nicely enough.

on the simpsons ride you take your bag with you and leave it in the locked room by the side of the wall.
can't have them in the ride with you.

the only person that will be in the cublcal type room are the ones on the ride.

the doors are locked once the TM closes the side panels on this ride and leaves the room.

very safe to have your belongings in the room so no need to use a locker.
in fact, no lockers are next to this ride of the simpsons

Kipling multiple has a three prong clasp and is fine for all rides that don't have a metal detector outside.

I have never been asked to remove that on any other ride. Exceptions are obviously RRR, Dragon Challenge and The Hulk.

I traveled in January and I carried a small drawsting bag. As the day warmed up, I put my jacket and refillable mug in it. In the morning, I'd carry my mug and shove the bag in my jacket pocket so I could go through the no bag line. But this was before metal detectors/X-Rays.

We use a drawstring bag as well. Its nylon so very light weight and will hold all the crap I don't want to carry, refillable cups, sunglasses, sun screen, wallet, cell phone, disposable rain jackets, that sort of thing.

I used a lightweight day pack from REI. I went through so many backpacks, trying desperately to find a cute/themed one. But ultimately I knew I needed something comfortable and practical. Not bulky or hot (I hate thick, wide shoulders straps) and lots of outside pockets to easily stash sunglasses, phones, camera, etc.

After buying and returning 4 different ones, I found this one buried in a closet, I think I only ever used it once. But it worked great for this trip. I did remove the chest and waist strap, since that seemed like overkill.

It is similar to this one, though mine is an older model.

https://www.rei.com/product/892204/rei-flash-22-pack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter