What kind of bag do you carry in the parks?

i don't use a bag but what i need is in my lanyard
also have the UO billfold lanyard which has a zippered section.

it keeps everything i need for the parks all day.

I carry the below bag that I got on Amazon when I carry a bag. I used to carry my Disney Vera Bradley hipster, but I found this does better for weight distraction. Also it's waterproof!!! So when it's raining or on water rides you're safe. I've been through downpours with it on and nothing gets wet.

It also fits my rain jacket perfectly when it's done raining

Highly recommend

Oops forgot the picture
image.png

Oh and it fits the old red cups! It has a cup holder pouch on the side not shown

I forgot to answer the question of what. I pay with everything in the parks with cash I carry my wallet with back up credit/debit card, I'd, pass, and room key. My cell phone goes on the front side pocket. My universal cup. My rain jacket. And various medicines, chapstick, brush, etc. Oh and some peanut butter crackers.

I'm one of those always be prepared types.

I dont bring a bag.I use my lanyard and it holds : room key, club lounge key, ticket and express pass as well as my license and a credit card and a little cash..Thats it

I wear the not- so- stylish but very useful fanny pack with the three pronged clasp. I've used the same one for about 15 years and it is allowed on all rides (at least it was until coaster restrictions were increased.) I carry credit card, ID, phone/camera, travel sunscreen, advil, empty baggies for water-proofing needs, a soft eye glasses case and an eye glasses cleaning cloth. I also use lanyard for tickets, room key.

...and what do you carry in that bag?

No kids. Just myself and my DH

I buy DH cargo shorts with lots of handy-dandy pockets

At U if onsite easy to run back & grab something random. I just take a very light weight nylon-type fabric zippered lanyard with clear ID slots. Buy them by the box, cheap and relatively sturdy, last for several trips before time for a new one. It gets looped around my belt loop and stuffed in pocket. Drives me nuts not to have pockets in the parks, mine or DH's lol.

Used to do the Vera ID holder but it's just a bit too small and doesn't have multiple pockets. I like to have one with an extra zipped pocket that I don't open often to hold larger denomination of $ etc.

At WDW, where even onsite it's more of a commitment to retrieve something, go with varying size of VB bag. Usually Claire or a mini hipster. I like how they lay flat against the body and have multiple pockets.

If we are lugging our 'good camera', then have choice of large to small padded bags, to double as our day bag via having multiple/separate compartments.

Either a small, light weight cross body purse (Sherpani, Le Sportsac, Bagglini, Kipling...) or just the zippered pockets of my favorite Athleta skorts.
Phone, little portable phone charging battery thing, cord, lipgloss, sunglasses/ glasses, small sunscreen, 3 baggies, hotel keys, tickets.

First timer here! I usually use a small crossbody bag at disney, but I've heard they are not allowed on all rides at US/IOA. I do have an old fanny pack somewhere. Are there any rides that won't allow a fannypack?

Feel like I've asked this before but....Even if a phone in a pocket you still have to put in in a locker when there metal detectors at the ride... correct?

First timer here! I usually use a small crossbody bag at disney, but I've heard they are not allowed on all rides at US/IOA. I do have an old fanny pack somewhere. Are there any rides that won't allow a fannypack?
Yes. The three big coasters have metal detectors and you must put ALL items in a locker. The only things I get through security are glasses(not sun, my real glasses) and a lanyard. All packs must be in a locker. You go through a metal detector and if it goes off they send you back. Lockers are not THAT big of an inconvenience for me as they are to others. I always bring a bag and it takes me maybe an extra 2 minutes. Exact at dragon challenge.. that takes me an extra 5 sometimes. The coasters that do this are: Hulk, Dragon, and Rip Ride.

Other rides that require a locker for bags... someone help if I miss one:
Harry Potter- Both of them FJ and Gringotts
MIB
Mummy
is that it? I feel I'm missing one...

Gotcha! :thanks: I'm trying to cut down on carrying a bag. My current plan is to take my lightweight rain jacket and just using the pockets and putting the jacket in the locker, then a lanyard for my pass, id, and express.

Yes. The three big coasters have metal detectors and you must put ALL items in a locker. The only things I get through security are glasses(not sun, my real glasses) and a lanyard. All packs must be in a locker. You go through a metal detector and if it goes off they send you back. Lockers are not THAT big of an inconvenience for me as they are to others. I always bring a bag and it takes me maybe an extra 2 minutes. Exact at dragon challenge.. that takes me an extra 5 sometimes. The coasters that do this are: Hulk, Dragon, and Rip Ride.

MIB
Mummy

Thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because I always put my glasses in my bag right before I ride so I don't risk losing them but if I can't bring a bag, I'm not sure what to do with my glasses. I only have one pair and can't see without them so I really don't want to chance losing them. You wear them on the rides without a problem?

MIB
Mummy

I think.... Dragon Challenge, Hulk, and Rip Ride Rock It you have to use lockers.

Edit: Nevermind just saw where you had listed those! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because I always put my glasses in my bag right before I ride so I don't risk losing them but if I can't bring a bag, I'm not sure what to do with my glasses. I only have one pair and can't see without them so I really don't want to chance losing them. You wear them on the rides without a problem?

a TM told a rider once look down while wearing glasses and they won't fall off.
this was on RRR

a TM told a rider once look down while wearing glasses and they won't fall off.
this was on RRR
Really? Wonder why? I don't know if that will work because mine fall off just sitting at my desk if I look down, lol! I wish I could wear contacts but my eyes are too dry. :(

Sport straps work well, for sunglasses too

I do. I have a pair of tight fitting croggies that I sometimes switch out between my sunglasses and glasses.
I teach dance and I have them fitted so that I can wear them while teaching. My backs are bent nearly 90*

If you're open to contacts I also have daily lenses. I don't wear them except in the theme park. I keep my glasses in my bag in case they annoy me... and since they're daily I just throw them away and I don't have to buy all the contact supplies. I paid $50 for 2 boxes(one for each eye) and they last me a good 2 years.. sometimes they expire before I use them. I only use them when I want to wear sunglasses. Your eye doctor should be able to order you a trial pack which has 5 sets for free. At least time does it for free!

How bent my glasses are:

image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter