What is your favorite character breakfast and why?

Pamnkevin

Mouseketeer
I'm just trying to plan our trip and want to get some recommendations. We have a lunch res at Hollywood and vine already.

Basically I want to make sure my kids get to meet the most characters without spending a ton of time in line at meet and greets. Last time we were there it seemed easy to meet mickey and friends at AK and Also Pooh. Should we make reservations for a princess meal? How hard is it to meet the princesses (besides Anna an Elsa)?

Our favorite character breakfast is Crystal Palace. We like getting into MK before the park opens. It's such a magical feeling. Plus, you get great photos without hoards of people in your pictures. The breakfast food at CP is very yummy. Lots of options, great tasting, and fresh. We really like the chef station that will make an omelet to order or pancakes for the kids (with chocolate chips added).

Now, you asked specifically about breakfast. Our favorite character meal overall is Akershus, but we've only ever eaten dinner there. We enjoy the cold bar option before the meal (assorted cold meats, cheeses, breads, variety of salads, salmon, peel-n-eat shrimp). We've always enjoyed our entrees as well, and we've had several different ones. The character interaction is good & we like the atmosphere.

Akershus is one of the ones I'm strongly considering. I think mostly because the princesses will be the hardest and most time consuming characters to meet throughout the parks.

I did the Crystal Palace breakfast about 13 yrs ago before I had kids. It was nice, but unfortunately my kids aren't really into Pooh and Friends. They're into Mickey and friends, disney Jr characters, and Princesses

I enjoyed the food most at O'hana, & the fact that it wasn't a buffet. As far as buffet, we enjoyed H&V & Chef Mickey. We did have to wait longer for character interactioni at H&V though.

I enjoyed the food most at O'hana, & the fact that it wasn't a buffet. As far as buffet, we enjoyed H&V & Chef Mickey. We did have to wait longer for character interactioni at H&V though.

What was the reason for the longer wait? Was it because they do the singing and dancing first or some other reason?

We loved Tusker House & Ohana. Character interaction was good at CRT but food was just meh, especially considering the price/credits. H&V was probably our least favorite but we might try again in the future now that Doc & Sofia are there. I've heard great things about the princess dining at Epcot (I can never remember how to spell that place!!) and also Cape May. I'm looking forward to more research for our trip in Feb 2015!

Tusker House. Good and varied food selection, and the are where you get your food is a larger open space, so you can move around more freely than most buffets. THe character interaction is good. And the capper....Jungle Juice!

Tusker House. Good and varied food selection, and the are where you get your food is a larger open space, so you can move around more freely than most buffets. THe character interaction is good. And the capper....Jungle Juice!

What is jungle juice?

'Ohana is by far my favorite character breakfast! The pros are: very laid back and we never feel rushed, DD loves the little parade around the restaurant they do, food is better than most buffets IMO, get served instead of getting up to get food for one of my kids/myself constantly, love the juice they serve, love the pineapple bread or whatever that is lol, only place to see LILO besides a water park.

The only con I have is it seems like we wait a VERY long time for a table past our reservation time. I guess it's because they don't rush you like the others. :)

Tusker house breakfast is a great start to an AK day. And gets you close to the safari for a morning tour too!!

Tucker house is a must do! Love the atmosphere, variety of food, pastries & love the jungle juice!!

We did 3 breakfasts on our last trip.

Crystal Palace was truely a magically way to start the vacation. It was our first character meal on our first morning. Walking down Main street by ourselves, taking pictures in front of the castle with no one in the background, getting a table right by the window so we had an amazing view of the castle, great characters and food were very good. We will be doing it again next trip.

Akershus princess was a high point of the trip. With 2 girls the princesses were a must and we will defiantely be repeating it again on our next trip. DH really liked the family style platter of food brought to the table. The only part of that meal I didn't love was the we were at the very farthest table in the corner and it was a little cramped.

Our last meal on our departure day was 1900 park fair at the GF, it was OK food, the hotel is beautiful, but I don't think we will repeat it on our next trip. I am pretty sure we are going to try Ohana instead as our going away breakfast.

I think its a tie between Crystal Palace and Tusker House. Because MK is the only park that has an actual rope drop, Crystal Palace is a great way to get into the park while its empty and actually get to the rides before the crowds. The food selection is great too. Love the breakfast lasagna and Pooh's puffed french toast!! The characters are great too!

Tuskerhouse used to be great at 8:00, but now that the crowds get in at 8:45 or earlier, I love the 10:30 time. Breakfast is served with plenty of choices, then shortly after lunch options come out!! and I agree with the earlier poster - Jungle Juice!! The character interaction is great too. The characters are dressed in Jungle outfits!!

Ohana is our favorite, good food, love seeing Lilo & Stitch, and any excuse to go to the Poly works for me. Have fun!

Heartily agree w all the above. Tusker House, 'Ohana, Akershus. However nobody's suggested Cinderella's Royal Table?

If you've never done it, then eating in the castle at the Magic Kingdom is priceless and should definitely be considered as one of your options. :) Just being there is fun... walking around looking out the windows at the MK from this perspective. It's not something I'd do every trip... but would recommend everyone do it once.

We've done them all, but Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare and CRT are our top character breakfasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter