What is your Disney shameful secret?

One more.
That I know the exact spot where I can get the entire "castle show" in frame at 1X zoom on my camcorder.

OMG, I love this thread! Here are some of mine... I especially love that I'm not going to be the first person to say #1, lol.

1. I LOVE Disney World, but I don't like children! Naturally my own young cousins are kind of cute and sweet, but other people's children are all obnoxious brats. :rotfl2: I wish they had a special Adults-Only day or even just an hour at Magic Kingdom! Like maybe those nights that it's open til 2am, at midnight anybody under the age of 18 could be kicked out and for two hours I would not have to pretend I'm "holding the spot in line" at Dumbo for my child. :rolleyes1

2. Two years ago I discovered and fell in love with the sweet cream cheese pretzels at Scuttle's Landing, and when I came home after that trip I researched on the Internet to find the supplier WDW buys the pretzels from (it's Schwan's) and now I order sweet cream cheese pretzels by the case every few months. They come overnight shipping packed in dry ice.

3. I have a tradition that every single trip, at least once while at MK I'll buy a hot dog at the Launching Pad, wrap it up in napkins and sneak it onto the PeopleMover, then put my feet up on the seat and eat it on the ride. I've done this five years in a row and I always finish the hot dog before the ride ends so I've never gotten caught with it. :cool1:

4. The ride that makes me the most emotional isn't the Monorail -- it's the shuttle thing at Orlando International Airport that moves you from your arrival gate to the main airport terminal! My home airport is teensy and we have only one terminal and no shuttle. Also, the ride on that airport shuttle is the first time after landing in Orlando that you get a glimpse outside the airport at the palm trees and know you're really in Florida! I always dig in my luggage and get out my eyedrops before boarding the shuttle so I can pretend I'm putting drops in my contacts and that's why my eyes are tearing up. :rolleyes1

5. I dislike physical comedy, slapstick, bathroom jokes and other "immature" humor, so I'm really NOT a fan of the Country Bears, Hoop De Doo Revue, or Stitch. I think Pumbaa and his flatulence issues are disgusting rather than funny. I have been told I need to remove the stick from my posterior. :confused3

6. I've never been on Rock n Roller Coaster or Everest because I'm terrified of coasters, but secretly I wish somebody would push\nag\guilt\talk me into trying them just once!

7. I don't get the big deal about fireworks shows and I'm usually trying to delicately manuever my scooter through the crowds to the park exit while Wishes\Illuminations is going on overhead. I have never seen Fantasmic but from what I understand it's more of a story\show than just random fireworks going off, so maybe I'd enjoy that more? I'll give it a chance this year at least.

8. I snuck my digital camera into Soarin' a couple of times and recorded the whole thing on video. I watch the little movie file on my computer all the time.

I'm sure I'll come up with more as soon as I post this, LOL.

6. I've never been on Rock n Roller Coaster or Everest because I'm terrified of coasters, but secretly I wish somebody would push\nag\guilt\talk me into trying them just once!

I went to DL with someone who told me that she hated roller coaster rides. I honestly told her that DL does not have any roller coaster "rides" )HEY technically, I was NOT lying!) and took her on EVERY E ticket (All the Mountains, Indiana, Tower of Terror) I did not take her on California Screamin' cause it was down. I simply did not tell her anything about the attraction while in line. She hated it but was also glad that I tricked her into it. On TOT, she hid her head in my arm and covered her face with her baseball hat!:rotfl2:

I hate Pirates and when in front of the castle I always stand at the side of the Walt and Mickey statue! If you stand just right you can only see Mickey's nose as it looks like Walt's -----.

3. I have a tradition that every single trip, at least once while at MK I'll buy a hot dog at the Launching Pad, wrap it up in napkins and sneak it onto the PeopleMover, then put my feet up on the seat and eat it on the ride. I've done this five years in a row and I always finish the hot dog before the ride ends so I've never gotten caught with it.

:rotfl: Maybe they don't care b/c there do have cameras watching! :rotfl:

Don't like the parades - with the exception of the Electrical Parade (which I did not appreciate until it was gone) and the Christmas parade at the end of MVMCP (one MVMCP was enough, but went with friends twice more).

Not all that into the Characters other than Mickey, Minnie and Chip n Dale.

I detest Stitch (don't really count him anyway and wish they'd get rid of him over at the Poly..ugh).

It's all about the enchantment at MK. :flower3:

:rotfl: Maybe they don't care b/c there do have cameras watching!

I know, but I kinda figure that if a CM actually saw me trying to bring the hot dog onto the ride, they'd feel obligated to tell me I couldn't -- whereas once I'm on board and out of range of the loading platform, it's not worth it to yell "Stop the ride, that girl has a hot dog!" and yell at me about it.

I have a few more, mostly whines and complaints this time, lol.

- I'm almost 30 years old and secretly upset that Mousekeeping has never done anything cute or funny to my room. :(

- I love the Street Theatre people you sometimes see at EPCOT but I always watch from as far away as I can get and still see, because I'm disabled and I swear the CMs ALWAYS pick me out of the crowd for whatever demonstration or "bit part" that requires audience participation. I'm shy and I really really don't like being singled out, but it's like CMs think that disabled people need special attention or something because I'm constantly being picked for audience participation and sometimes they don't take no for an answer the first few times, so it ends up with me loudly and awkwardly protesting before I'm finally allowed to slink (well, wheel) away.

- I'm almost 30 years old and secretly upset that Mousekeeping has never done anything cute or funny to my room. :(
Wonder how Mouskeeping decides which rooms get the special treatment? Even though in my 50's I do like finding those towel sculptures on my bed during some visits.
- I love the Street Theatre people you sometimes see at EPCOT but I always watch from as far away as I can get and still see, because I'm disabled and I swear the CMs ALWAYS pick me out of the crowd for whatever demonstration or "bit part" that requires audience participation. I'm shy and I really really don't like being singled out, but it's like CMs think that disabled people need special attention or something because I'm constantly being picked for audience participation and sometimes they don't take no for an answer the first few times, so it ends up with me loudly and awkwardly protesting before I'm finally allowed to slink (well, wheel) away.
Interesting problem, receiving too much attention in person, but not enough attention when you're not there (no towel sculptures on your bed). I enjoy observing street shows. However, I deliberately fake a disinterested look if street performance CMs look my way when recruiting audience participants. I limit my audience participation to enthusiastic applause.

Great Thread!!

Ok, so my first shameful secret is that this is my first ever post after following the site for a while! My internet self seems to be less confident than my 'normal' self.

So, onto the real stuff.
1) I've never stayed in an on-site hotel :( but i really want to.
2) I really tried to like Epcot, but I just didn't get it. I would give it another go on a less rainy day though!
3) I will never go on Dinosaur again, it's the scariest thing I have ever been on!
4) Toy Story Midway Mania was one of my fave rides, ever!
5) I've never stayed in the park past dark.
6) I have no idea what a dole whip is!
7) I get upset every day that I probably won't be going back to Florida until I am much older and am trying to gather up the pennies to at least get to Paris (even though it hasn't a patch on Florida!)

I have more, but think that is enough for now! Hii everyone :)

Wonder how Mouskeeping decides which rooms get the special treatment?

My guess is that some of the Mousekeeping staff really love their jobs and enjoy taking extra time for the towel sculptures and other cute things in every room they service. Other staff are less Disneyesque and just want to get in there, do what they're paid for, and get to the next room. I just haven't been lucky yet! Maybe this year's trip. :confused3

- Every time I see a complaint about rude ECV drivers who run over toes and don't look where they're going, I feel like posting a retort about the number of idiots who blindly walk right out in front of my scooter as it's already moving and then glare at me when I'm unable to stop on a dime, cut in front of me in lines as if I weren't there or somehow didn't count, or look directly at me and then ask the person I'm with, "Why does she need the scooter?"

- This is the shameful secrets thread, and I couldn't admit this anywhere else! Please don't flame me! :rotfl2: I think you should have to show some proof of the need in order to bring an ECV into the parks, or at least be required to demonstrate that you can drive the thing without running into people! Those really rude and inconsiderate ECV drivers make me just as nuts as they make you, believe me.

- Last year I spent an entire day at AK without going on any of the rides, and I had a wonderful time!

- I love the giant pop icons at the Pop Century but think the words and phrases decorating the buildings are idiotic... whatever happened to "show, don't tell"?

- I think the Disney Princesses are beautiful and whenever I meet one at the parks I always have this urge to flirt with her, but I'm terrified to try it in front of children because I don't want any parents angry with me.

- I spent hours and hours during three separate trips to Epcot trying to find the big rainbow tunnel I remembered from a childhood visit, and didn't realize that it's been gone for years. :(

- My big Disney dream is to stay at a monorail resort! Every year I tell myself how much fun that would be and I save my pennies to afford it, but I always wind up using the extra money to extend the trip and stay at a value resort for 10 days instead of the Poly for four or five. I'm NEVER going to make that dream come true because I'm not capable of looking at deluxe resort pricing without thinking "wow, for that much money I could stay at a value resort for even longer!"

- My big Disney dream is to stay at a monorail resort! Every year I tell myself how much fun that would be and I save my pennies to afford it, but I always wind up using the extra money to extend the trip and stay at a value resort for 10 days instead of the Poly for four or five. I'm NEVER going to make that dream come true because I'm not capable of looking at deluxe resort pricing without thinking "wow, for that much money I could stay at a value resort for even longer!"
Hmmm. Similar decision problems, here. Additionally, when the cost tops the price of a new high tech gizmo I tend to choose the pricey high tech gizmo.:surfweb:

Great Thread!!

Ok, so my first shameful secret is that this is my first ever post after following the site for a while! My internet self seems to be less confident than my 'normal' self.
Hii everyone :)

:welcome:

Hi Lottie! Save your pennies and try Epcot again definitely. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! Its been a while since I've been on here but I wanted to reply about the towel sculptures. For the last six years, we've been going to WDW with our grandkids and every day there would be towels in our room. In September we took our dd for her college grad gift and we didn't get one. So one morning when I left the tip for mousekeeping I wrote a note asking for one. When we got back to our room that night there were six!!!! So I think if there are kids in the room they do it but if its just adults they don't unless you ask. By the way we got one every day after that day. :rotfl:

Hi everyone! Its been a while since I've been on here but I wanted to reply about the towel sculptures. For the last six years, we've been going to WDW with our grandkids and every day there would be towels in our room. In September we took our dd for her college grad gift and we didn't get one. So one morning when I left the tip for mousekeeping I wrote a note asking for one. When we got back to our room that night there were six!!!! So I think if there are kids in the room they do it but if its just adults they don't unless you ask. By the way we got one every day after that day. :rotfl:

:offtopic: Raraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just have to :hug: you...

ok back on our general regular programing!!!:lmao:

I just remembered one that I'd forgotten about!!!...you'll see why...

One time DH and I were having dinner at the Jazz Kitchen in DTD at Disneyland. Jazz Kitchen, aka Strongdrinkland. I had a few, let's just say, and we went back into the park. I demanded to go on my favorite ride, Jungle Cruise. I'm sitting next to the skipper and he asks if anyone wants to drive...of course my hand goes right up, I think he senses that if he chooses anyone but me, there would be trouble.

So, my shameful Disney secret is that I piloted the boat on the Jungle Cruise while absolutly lit.

My dh has FINALLY decided to take the required test so that he can be a certified teacher instead of "just" a para (teacher's aid, his words, not mine FYI) which means that we had to officially cancel our plans to go to Disney World in September. I guess "real" teachers can't take 5 days off during the school year like paras can. Anyway, I have been so depressed but not saying a word because I KNOW it is the best thing for our family.

Here is where my secrets come in:

1.) Secretly so sad I cry in the shower when I think about us NOT going. I had been planning it since we got home last September and it literally makes me sick when I realize we're not going.

2.) I am secretly stashing money away ($700 so far) just in case. Now, I am not trying to manifest him NOT getting a teaching job. That would mean he would be making a minimum of TWICE what he is making now. What it means is that just in case something crazy happens, we could still go.

3.) We have planned a family vacation to NY and DC in lieu of our Disney World trip for this summer. When we get back, if dh has a new teaching job, I plan to start convincing him to let me take the boys by myself to disney. "Look honey, I already have the trip paid for, I'm sorry you can't go, but it will be good for me to have some bonding time with the boys."

Ever since I discovered the DISboards a few days ago and started read TRs, I have been in a fantastic mood thinking about going to WDW again and what I would like to do (and my DF cannot understand how this can possibly make me so happy :laughing: ).

It will always be MGM to me and I will never call it anything else.

I know most everyone else hates them, but I kinda like the turkey legs. It might have more to do with the fact that I loved seeing my sister's snooty :snooty: fiance try and eat one when my finace insisted we try them for lunch :lmao: I won't choose to eat one again, but I didn't think it was horrible either.

I was so so so sad when they replaced the submarine ride (I think it was 20,000 leagues under the sea) with Ariel's grotto, even though The Little Mermaid is probably my favorite Disney movie. I still hope that one day it will be back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter