• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the worst thing a sibling/cousin has done to you?

I have no siblings, and my youngest cousin is 6 years older than me. The story I have is about her. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, and so I invited her to be a bridesmaid (matron?) in my wedding. She waited until less than 2 months before the wedding to back out (after almost 2 years of planning). The excuse she gave was that her husband had been deployed (about 6 months previously) and she wanted to be "closer" in case something happened. Well, he was in Germany and she was staying with her mom in Ohio, so I dont know how she expected to be "closer". But anyways, nowhere near the bad stuff that's described as having happened here.

Umm..
here's what I did
My younger brother had an accident and broke his nose. It healed but was crooked.
Afterwards every time he angered me,I'd hit him in his nose.I'd use the part of my palm where my hand and wrists were.. he would tear up every time.

I had a cousin about my age and another one a few years younger. I guess it was not just one thing that we did to her, it was mostly stuff that I guess was bullying. We never got into physical violence, just mostly stuff like telling her she was ugly and nobody likes her. Play hide and go seek, and not look for her. I guess we are horrible people.

This is a little different than the typical "sibling rivalry" issue. My middle brother (22 years older than me) was profoundly mentally handicapped. This was back in the day, so there weren't many resources available; he lived on the farm with my parents and wasn't socialized super-well. He was rabidly jealous for our DMom's attention - understandable since she focused on him practically 24/7. Although his intelligence was low, physically he was very robust and had a sort of cunning that was very purposeful when he wanted to get his way. I learned from a very early age that any interaction I was having with my DMom could and would be disrupted by his behaviours and that my stuff was all fair-game for him to do what he pleased with. It was kinda tough - I guess I just got used to it.

But when the Gkids started coming along, and the "competition increased" his behaviours became much more difficult. My DMom adored all of them and he reacted very poorly to that. My own DS was the youngest by many years and was especially close to my DMom. This made him a special target of DBro's wrath and we all had to be hyper-vigilant to be sure everybody stayed safe. Having my DS experience this and knowing the heartache it caused my DMom was far harder for me than anything I personally endured growing up. :(

My younger "sister", I use that term loosely, as I no longer class her as my sister. She is such a horrible horrible individual.

We got into a verbal argument about 6 years ago, she hates that I would visit my/our mother, I was never welcome back home after I moved out, according to her. "You left, not your house anymore, you are never welcome back" I figured after she left home, it would change, apparently not.

Well one day, I was at my mothers house and she turned up as I was leaving, we had a verbal argument, I left, went home, thought nothing more of it, till my mother rings and to give me the heads up, that the police are on their way to my house, after just leaving hers.

Apparently my sister had gone to the station and put me up in assault charges!!!

Well, police arrive at my house, sit me down and explain it all to me, take my statement, told me of her injuries and such. Which I explained was complete rubbish, as I never laid a finger on her, my mother had said exactly the same thing, from what the officer said. Upon leaving, the police stated They would review it all and talk with my "sister" again, as her time frame of events didnt match mine and my mothers, they said they would ring me the next day, to inform me of if I will be formally charged with assault causing grievous bodily harm or not.

Well after an anxious night, i get a phone call from the police, to tell me no charges will be laid, as it turned out there was a 2 hour gap between our argument and her reporting the alleged assault, within that 2 hour gap, she had gone home and gotten her boyfriend to beat her up, she then took those injuries to the police and blamed me.

The police were not impressed, she got into trouble for doing that and we have never spoken since. She is such a vile twisted individual. She has never apologised, i could have lost so much as a result of her false accusations, her daughter bullied my daughter at school over it and she put it all around school of what happened, even said I was actually charged, my daughter had to defend me and tell them the truth.

To this day, her daughter still believes I did it, regardless that her grandmother tells her otherwise "she is my mum and i have to believe her".....uuuuhhmm no you don't.

Last edited:
Estate issues. My wife’s brother disowned her and their sister because they inherited 5%, 2.5 percent each, of the mom’s estate and he could only receive 95 percent.

Personally attacked my daughter, husband, cousin, sister nephew and myself on social media because we have different views on life. I no longer speak to him.

When I was young 7 or 8 I was having a birthday sleep over. My cousins put a jump rope in front of me so I would trip, I did and broke my elbow. Than their mom refused to pick them up because I was promised time away. I had to wait for about 4 hours before we could go to the local children's hospital. Needless to say I did not play with them after that and my mom stopped talking to their mom.

Too many things to count. I guess the biggest thing was my brother was 9 yrs older than I was. I come from a family of 8. I had 2 younger sisters and a brother. My parents would have him babysit us. We would be told we could have a certain treat and be able to watch TV. This was many many years ago when we had one TV. Instead he would have the treat and watch TV. He would make us run around the livingroom, diningroom and kitchen and as we passed by the TV he would hit us with the frying pan cord. Boy did it hurt. Then we would be made to jump up the stairs in one motion. If we stopped we would have to start again and would get hit. We were not that old at the time about 6, 8 and 9 at the time. He was a teenager, pretty well an adult. That was only one thing.
tigercat

I had a crush on a boy named Jeff from 4th grade thru middle school. My cousin Debbie knew this. Well one day in 7th grade I get to school and my best friend comes up to me and says "Debbie's going out with Jeff!" I walked in the classroom and she turned around and looked at me and laughed. I know it's not a big deal compared to others on here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter